Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stonesdoug was backstage yesterday.
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 4, 2005 21:15

Ha handed it personally.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 4, 2005 21:18

That's right Baboon...I am sure the Stonesdoug himself personally handed them the setlist wishlist. Did you know they posted that request on the Stones website. The offical site?

I have two issues:

1. Stonesdoug posting things or talking as if he knows all
2. People craping their pants when Stonesdoug opens his mouth and says something...as if he is actually a Stone. If it was Bill German or someone else I would give them credit but not to some idiot pillowbitter.

I have been to a few shidobbecrap events and they suck. A bunch of stuck up people who think since they have been to 50 shows in their life and I have only been to 10 they are somehow better than me. They talked down to me and my friends and all but blew us off.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 4, 2005 21:49

Wolter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> T&A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a pity. i think that's a poor excuse if
> that's
> > their reason for not playing it again (and I
> don't
> > happen to believe that's the real reason).
>
> Why don't just be happy for the guy. I wish I was
> backstage once in my life. He did. I didn't.

Huh? I was talking about Sway....what are you talking about?

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: October 4, 2005 22:24

I have met Bjournulf and contributed a lot to this site in the past. I also have met Stonesdoug and contributed a lot to Shidoobee in the past 3 years. Both gentlemen are exceptionally nice and helpful and I never have treated either like Gods, nor do I expect that's what they want. But if Doug says he was backstage and spoke with a few of the sidemen and heard that Sway probably won't be played again, then I have no reason to doubt him. Anyone who makes this a bigger issue than it is sounds to me like they have some personal things they need to work out off-line before they get all fired up.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 4, 2005 22:36

Everybody here knowing Jagger, knows that he makes a very big research on which songs to play, what the audience wants (not only what the hard core fans want), but what the big majority wants and that's what they are playing.....

The setlist doesn't come from nowhere.... if he has the impression that the audience doesn't know SWAY and doesn't pay attention to it, then he will not play it......

That's basically it....

Date: October 4, 2005 22:46

country honk Wrote:
> Everybody here knowing Jagger, knows that he makes
> a very big research on which songs to play, what
> the audience wants (not only what the hard core
> fans want), but what the big majority wants and
> that's what they are playing.....
>
> The setlist doesn't come from nowhere.... if he
> has the impression that the audience doesn't know
> SWAY and doesn't pay attention to it, then he will
> not play it......
>
> That's basically it....

yeah, sorta like Sister Morphine back in 1997. Yeah..EVERBODY knew that one (rolls eyes).

Bjournulf has always been very good about citing rumors and facts and does not come across as an a$$. He also doesn't brag about this site and try to get tons of attention to it with banners and such.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 4, 2005 23:36

hey sister morphine and moonlight mile were played alot as compared to
sway , plus it sounded like more then 200 people clapped after sway
at least 205, cmon

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 4, 2005 23:49

Compomise:

Bjournulf and Stonesdoug are BOTH God!

This can work, people. Sort of a Stones version of the Trinity, with Mickkeithcharlieron as the supreme and First aspect of the Almighty, of course!

I've met both these guys, I believe, either online or in person, and they both seem pretty decent people. Stonesdoug offered to burn me a concert CD for nothing.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 4, 2005 23:57

MissU what I meant is how would RW feel if he actually read (& took seriously) what is posted these past couple years? I know how I would feel if the people in a group I run said w/in earshot, & frequently, "This group was much better back when Steve was running it 10 years ago," or myriad variations on the same theme.

Date: October 5, 2005 00:10

melillo Wrote:
> hey sister morphine and moonlight mile were played
> alot as compared to
> sway , plus it sounded like more then 200 people
> clapped after sway
> at least 205, cmon

my ears are pretty good for these things. I can distinctly hear 417 folks clapping, with another 387 hooting and/or hollering.

Date: October 5, 2005 00:12

ya know - gotta put a good plug in for my good buddy, Gazza who co-runs the very cool RO site - none of these folks knows a gawdammn thing - but at least they know that!

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 5, 2005 00:47

Stonesdoug is a great fan and he will be supported by 99 out of 100 people who post on the major boards. Count me as #1. I've never heard him to claim he is an insider.

"Sway" on the other hand is an overrated song. It is by far the worst song on "Sticky Fingers", and in fact the only song on "Sticky Fingers" that wouldn't rate a 9 or 10 out of 10 in my opinion. I don't care a bit if they never play it again. I'd rather hear Prodigal Son, Mother's Little Helper, Hitch Hike, Mercy-Mercy, Have You Seen Your Mother Baby ...., Off the Hook, Cry to Me, She Said Yeah, As Tears Go By, Movin' On, Stupid Girl, Lady Jane, Going Home, Complicated, Miss Amanda Jones, Connection, or any song at all off Beggar's Banquet. In addition to not needing to play Sway again, they also can skip any of the Edile on Mainstreet songs they haven't already played on recent tours. They have already chosen all the decent songs off that overrated album.

Mick Taylor, like Stonesdoug, is not God either. In fact, he is just another guitarist, by no means better than Ron Wood. Mick Taylor never fit with the Stones, and Ronnie does fit, although Ronnie is not very significant.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 5, 2005 01:01

Doug's a standup bloke and a genuinely nice, inoffensive guy who puts a lot of work and effort into helping out other fans and provides an outlet for Stones fans to interract with each other - and I dont see anything wrong with that. It takes someone to do it - would people rather that no one did it at all?

he's a fan like everyone else is and doesnt claim to be anything but that. So what if the occasional bit of info he may have provided turns out to be wrong - whos perfect? If you have a lot of sources telling you bits of info, some will occasionally be off the mark. Theres next to no-one outside the band's inner circle who know EVERYTHING.

Date: October 5, 2005 01:04

Gazza Wrote:
> Theres next to no-one outside the
> band's inner circle who know EVERYTHING.

I'll go a step further - the inner circle, including the Stones themselves - don't know what's going on half the time!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 5, 2005 01:21

sladog:

There is an "Edit post" next to the in post you wrote. I suggest you use that one and don't attack people like you do. It does not look good. For you. Thank you. I do espect people to show some respect here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 5, 2005 01:48

Damn right, let's hear it for Gazza. Very nice to me when I ranted on and on about seeing the Stones at Altamont. A great sense of humor as well.

And touché T&A, for pointing out that the Stones themselves can MAYBE accurately predict 50% of what they're going to do next.

Date: October 5, 2005 03:04

T&A Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Theres next to no-one outside the
> > band's inner circle who know EVERYTHING.
>
>
> I'll go a step further - the inner circle,
> including the Stones themselves - don't know
> what's going on half the time!

Indeed....how many times have you read interviews with Ronnie, for example, where he's talked about future plans for the band (and himself) which while full of honest intentions turned out to be nonsense

- the interview after BTB came out when he talked about them putting out a new album every 18 months or so from now on (18 years turned out to be almost as accurate an estimation)
- the supposed "You strum it, I;ll sing it" (or whatever its called this week) collaboration with Rod thats been about to come out now since about 1993
- that Faces reunion tour!
- the plans, after the excellent Drury Lane gig in March to do a series of similar gigs over the spring and summer....

With the Stones - and all of us - there are always tentative plans or bright ideas which are subject to change...
-

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: October 5, 2005 05:23

bv Wrote:
> sladog:
>
> There is an "Edit post" next to the in post you
> wrote. I suggest you use that one and don't attack
> people like you do. It does not look good. For
> you. Thank you. I do espect people to show some
> respect here.
>
> Bjornulf

Aren't we entitled to "free-speech" ??

I've heard ALOT worse abuse hurled at certain members when they have rubbished the Stones before !!
Do that at your own risk around here and on the Shidoobee website!!!!!!

Esky

Posted by: johang ()
Date: October 5, 2005 07:27

Any witnesses than the lame band reation of the crowd reaction of Sway? Not that Sway should be the reason the set list is pathetic there are 50+ better songs to pick and keeps being pathetic most of the time. Stones have no confidence and why would they listen to guys like these anyhow? Show some balls guys.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 5, 2005 09:46

Hey, Johan. Maybe you missed we has a voting here at the board (bv greatest/wish list" or slt. thread headline [I havent the time to search its name now]:
and. Sway came # 1; as on Shidoobee (cant remember right away if Rocks Off had a poll too; but Gazza may let us know)...

No way they would have played Sway if it wasnt for the fans votings.

And Johan: When did you post something in a positive spirit latest... ?

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 5, 2005 10:12

It is always very interesting to see how people interact on such comments.
I received very good assistance from Stonesdoug for the US (regarding rollingstones.com) and I received also very good assistance from Björnulf. May questions have been clearly answered straight forward and that's all I need.
We should not forget that these two guys spend a lot of the spare time and mostlikely finance to support and inform us.
May Stonesdoug does it more the open aermican way of life with T.Shirts etc and Björnulf does it more the quiet way. Both is correct and does not need to be critizised, by NONE of us.
I tend to the feeling that we sometimes react a little bit stuopid as it is so easy to write an e-mail without even thinking. If you would have to write a letter by hand you wouldn't even take the pen... So for my advise I tell you to think twice before starting shmasing tomatoes and others face. (By the way I got hit by one in 81 because Peter Maffay was on stage in Germany and it nearly spoiled my contacts)...

Date: October 5, 2005 10:18

First you talk nonsense about real people who do real hard work. Then you talk about free speach. I will tell you. Free speach is not apout throwing rotten toatoes and rotten eggs at normal hard working people and the salt of the earth. Such acts are about jealousy and frustration. If you are such a big fan of free speach - why don't you talk about a cause, not attacking individual persons?

None of us are public persons. This is not a political arena where you can attack individuals. How many times to I have to say this? Would you like to see your own name all over the front page of a tabloid paper telling a crap story that was not true at all? Do I have to spell this out load so that you can show respect to others here and other places?

There is something called manners and respect. That is all I ask for when we talk here.

Bjornulf

Date: October 5, 2005 10:30

Slagdog, don`t know you but you seem to have a very easy livin`. don`t you have any other problems than worrying about one man in USA? if so, congratulations.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: October 5, 2005 11:43

bv Wrote:
> First you talk nonsense about real people who do
> real hard work. Then you talk about free speach. I
> will tell you. Free speach is not apout throwing
> rotten toatoes and rotten eggs at normal hard
> working people and the salt of the earth. Such
> acts are about jealousy and frustration. If you
> are such a big fan of free speach - why don't you
> talk about a cause, not attacking individual
> persons?
>
> None of us are public persons. This is not a
> political arena where you can attack individuals.
> How many times to I have to say this? Would you
> like to see your own name all over the front page
> of a tabloid paper telling a crap story that was
> not true at all? Do I have to spell this out load
> so that you can show respect to others here and
> other places?
>
> There is something called manners and respect.
> That is all I ask for when we talk here.
>
>
>
> Bjornulf

BV - to be honest, sladog's comments wouldn't offend me (and they are his comments not mine!). They could be correct or incorrect....I don't really care to be honest.

Of course this isn't a political arena where you can attack individuals. But why don't you say this when it gets out of hand in other posts??
What about the attacks on some people here when they rubbish Ron Wood, or the crap setlists, or the boring Tour etc...people get slagged off all day every day here, whether it's true or not. There are plenty of personal insults.
So whether you like it or not, some people get out of line. Perhaps sladog did, but others do as well.....
I just hope you aren't waving your Dictator hand when it suits you, or when the "abuse" is directed at one of your mates....

Esky

Date: October 5, 2005 12:59

You know I have a life. I don't read every post and every offending word people place here. It's like the police in the streets. They don't see every crime. They rely on people to act normal and with respect. The fact that one person or one offensive post is not catched by me - the editor and moderator - does not man that it is totelated. Just send me an e-mail and I will look into it if something is nasty. And don't worry. If I see one more post about how bad Ronnie, Mick, Keith or Charlie or anyone else is during the next few weeks, you will waste time if you reply to it - it will be gone before next sunrise. I have been patient for a long time, but I relize some people here are in for their own ego and not in for normal talk and mutual respect. So they will be gone.

Bjornulf

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 5, 2005 13:14

bv Wrote:
If I see one more post about how bad Ronnie, Mick, Keith or
> Charlie or anyone else is during the next few
> weeks, you will waste time if you reply to it - it
> will be gone before next sunrise

Bjornulf, could you please do the same if somebody else puts down Hold Back?

Sorry, couldn't resist that one :-)

Just wanted to put my opinion in - that Doug and bv are great folks, who put a lot of work into our "hobby", and certainly don't deserve to be personally attacked. Even if the subject is politics, personal attacks are of no value in making a point. So...just Hold Back!

Karl

Date: October 5, 2005 13:15

My first basic response in this thread was to rip on all those people who treat stonesdoug like such a God and hang on his every word. I was actually making fun of other people, not Stonesdoug exactly. It just spiraled down after that. I still stand by my other comments that the few times I met him he was always very rude and arrogant to me and my friends.

BTW, those of you crying for free speech...sorry but I have to take the side of Bjornulf on this one. Free speech does NOT apply to forums. The only rights you have here are the ones that the moderator gives you. No more, no less.

Also, I have never made fun of those who run this site. Gazza and Bjornulf...what would we do without them??

Posted by: Stonesdoug ()
Date: October 5, 2005 14:18

Sladog, I'd like to know when I was rude to you. I make it a point to try to get to know as many people A i who enjoy the Stones. I try to chat a bit to everyone who posts on SHIDOOBEE at the various gatherings we have and at least try to say hi to board members. If I seemed rude to you, I apologize.
I've never said I was friends with the band. I have been fortunate to meet all of them and they know my face so I get a smile from them but that's as far as it goes.
Sure I'm wrong a lot. I don't apologize for that. When something sounds plausible, I'll post it on SHIDOOBEE. If you don't want to read my posts, just stay off the board,
Oh, and if we're at a future show, please say hi and I'll gladly spend some time talking. I am a bit deaf though, so please make sure I can hear you.
Thanks to everyone else for the kinds words. Bjornulf and Gazza are great people and I'm sure they also get frustrated often trying to run a board and deal with everything that happens on it.

SHIDOOBEE

Date: October 5, 2005 14:25

sladog Wrote:
> Also, I have never made fun of those who run this
> site. Gazza and Bjornulf...what would we do
> without them??

LOL..I have nothing to do with this site at all....its entirely Bjornulf's baby. I'm just a guest like everyone else is.

Date: October 5, 2005 14:27

Well, ok..but you help keep things on an even keel. How about that?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home