Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stonesdoug was backstage yesterday.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 4, 2005 18:03

.....And there probably won't be another Sway. Read his backstage review here:
[p081.ezboard.com]

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Stonesdoug was backstage yesterday.
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 4, 2005 18:06

could you cut/paste it JKF? I can't access that site from here....

Date: October 4, 2005 18:08

Hope this is all right with Doug.

TAKEN FROM STONESDOUG'S SHIDOOBEE WEBSITE. ALL THANKS GOES OUT TO HIM!!!!!

----------------
Last night was a blast. I was invited to go to the rattlesnake lounge backstage. None of the Stones came in but I got a hug from Bernard, who asked for a SHIDOOBEE shirts. Blondie came over and thanked me for the shirt I gave him the day before. Gave Bobby a wristband and Chuck a SHIDOOBEE shirt. Chuck sat down and ate his dinner with us. We talked about SHIDOOBEE a lot and how the band keeps track of what goes on here. I asked him how the band felt about SWAY and he said they probably wouldn't be playing it again. He said that Mick enjoys doing obscure stuff, but after they played it in Columbus, there were only about 200 people applauding and the rest of the audience looked like deer frozen in front of car headlights.
Another highlight of the night was seeing Colin Powell. The food was great, and tons of nice wines.
----------------

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: October 4, 2005 18:08

Here's Doug's post:

"Last night was a blast. I was invited to go to the rattlesnake lounge backstage. None of the Stones came in but I got a hug from Bernard, who asked for a SHIDOOBEE shirts. Blondie came over and thanked me for the shirt I gave him the day before. Gave Bobby a wristband and Chuck a SHIDOOBEE shirt. Chuck sat down and ate his dinner with us. We talked about SHIDOOBEE a lot and how the band keeps track of what goes on here. I asked him how the band felt about SWAY and he said they probably wouldn't be playing it again. He said that Mick enjoys doing obscure stuff, but after they played it in Columbus, there were only about 200 people applauding and the rest of the audience looked like deer frozen in front of car headlights.
Another highlight of the night was seeing Colin Powell. The food was great, and tons of nice wines.

SHIDOOBEE"

Date: October 4, 2005 18:09

(Posted at the same time EXACTLY as JumpingKentFlash!!)

Date: October 4, 2005 18:11

a pity. i think that's a poor excuse if that's their reason for not playing it again (and I don't happen to believe that's the real reason).

Posted by: sladog ()

Really?? He was backstage? Wow! Gee whiz!!! Oh! oh!! I might crap in my pants! Stonesdoug!!! Oh, wow!!! Golly!!! Tell me more about this 8th wonder of the world!!!! Please!!! OMIGOD!!!

What is some of you guys obsession with this freak? You treat him as if he is an actual Stone of something. He is wrong more than 50% of the time on his little "predictions". He is NOT an insider but just another Stones fan who is too high on himself.

Obsess the Stones, not Doug.

LOL!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 4, 2005 18:12

T&A it says basically that Leavell, while eating his dinner with them, told them that Jagger enjoys doing the obscure stuff. But when they did it the other night threy felt like maybe only 200 people recognized it and applauded. Blank stares from the rest of audience.
They did touch on the fact that the Stones keep tabs on the big Stones sites. It's implied that they are talking only about shidoobee but if anyone bothers to kniow the Net even a bit, one will immediately see at least four major Stonesboards. IORR, Shidoobee, Rocks Off and Keno.

Date: October 4, 2005 18:14

Sladog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is some of you guys obsession with this
> freak? You treat him as if he is an actual Stone
> of something. He is wrong more than 50% of the
> time on his little "predictions". He is NOT an
> insider but just another Stones fan who is too
> high on himself.
>
> Obsess the Stones, not Doug.

Ah come on. He's a good guy. We don't think he's God, and neither does he.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 4, 2005 18:14

I am sure the Stones themselves don't bother with the sties. They have handlers for that.

Also, wake up. If they actually paid attention to these sites the setlist would have changed a lot by now.

Date: October 4, 2005 18:15

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Sladog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What is some of you guys obsession with this
> > freak? You treat him as if he is an actual
> Stone
> > of something. He is wrong more than 50% of
> the
> > time on his little "predictions". He is NOT
> an
> > insider but just another Stones fan who is
> too
> > high on himself.
> >
> > Obsess the Stones, not Doug.
>
>
> Ah come on. He's a good guy. We don't think he's
> God, and neither does he.
>
>
> "Better than suicide"

Maybe but the way some of you post things about him show otherwise.

Date: October 4, 2005 18:19

He was backstage man. He can tell us stuff that we didn't know, and we get a little insight to what's going on. It's good. I can only speak for myself, but I think it's important that the fans also get a little insight some times. It gives us stuff to talk about that we wouldn't talk about if we didn't know it. You gotta admit it's not a bad thing to know that they maybe won't play Sway again for a while.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 4, 2005 18:23

it certainly keeps expectations low, JKF - after a brief, tenuous raising of them last week. But, don't believe the BS about 200 people applauding - the tape of the show indicates precisely the opposite reaction.

Date: October 4, 2005 18:28

I've heard Mick say the same during the No Security tour- stuff like "Moonlight Mile" and "You Got The Silver" just seemed to go over the majority of the corporate rockers + entourage collective flat skulls. I have no idea why Mick would even worry about it. They are the Stones and they can do what they want, including, but not limited to, reading bitchy little chat boards like this one and playing the same warhorses every night just to piss off the whiners here. winking smiley

Date: October 4, 2005 18:28

Thing is, he was backstage...BIG DEAL!!! Back on the 1999 tour I spoke with Chuck, Bernard, Lisa and Blondie for quite a while the night before the show in the hotel (I was staying there as well). Does that make me an insider?

Look, all I am saying is that he is not God. He has been wrong many times on this and past tours. He comes across as being such an authority and he's not.

Date: October 4, 2005 18:31

T&A Wrote: don't believe the BS about 200 people applauding -
> the tape of the show indicates precisely the
> opposite reaction.

Sorry, but it's fact. Me and my girlfriend were screaming and turning cartwheels but it seemed like everyone else we noticed had that "oh, well, that was neat" look on their faces. They knew something big happened, mainly cuz I was freaking out, but they didnt know what it was, did you, Mr. Jones?

Date: October 4, 2005 18:49

sladog Wrote:
> Thing is, he was backstage...BIG DEAL!!! Back on
> the 1999 tour I spoke with Chuck, Bernard, Lisa
> and Blondie for quite a while the night before the
> show in the hotel (I was staying there as well).
> Does that make me an insider?
>
> Look, all I am saying is that he is not God. He
> has been wrong many times on this and past tours.
> He comes across as being such an authority and
> he's not.

Damn, you're stupid.

Date: October 4, 2005 19:04

Stupid huh? It was Stonesdoug that said there would be no more shows in NC after Charlotte. WRONG.

He said they would be doing several theater shows in major cities as they did on Licks. WRONG.

He said they would not be doing the new 19th Nervous Breakdown on the tour..that it was only for the club show. WRONG.

Just treat him as any other fan who has "insider" information.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 4, 2005 19:05

Jealousy is not an admirable human trait.

Date: October 4, 2005 19:12

Well, I don't treat him as God. I see him for what he is - a fan who happens to get all over the world to see the Stones and manages to get 'backstage' sometimes, sees various people in hotels etc (as many others do) and runs a message board.

So what if his info is wrong sometimes? Like JKF said, it gives us something to talk about. No-one is taking it all that seriously except, most noteably, Sladog.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 4, 2005 19:12

sladog ya need some fresh air ma boy! It aint THAT big a deal....

Date: October 4, 2005 19:15

Now I'm almost sorry that I posted it. It wasn't meant to become an argument.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 4, 2005 19:25

bottom line is he didnt meet a stone, so it is meaningless
and how did he get back there anyway

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: October 4, 2005 19:36

Is it my ears or didn't Jagger stop singing in one part and the crowd sings
the next verse back to him?? doesn't sound like people who don't know what
song it was to me????

MLC

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 4, 2005 19:50

Why throw the baby (the CL info) out w/ the bathwater (S.doug)? I'm sure "200" is rhetorical, but the point - flat response - is valid. I screamed & hollered when KR announced Thru & Thru in 02-03, everyone around me sitting down for a snooze or going out for beer. NOTHING when Out of Control starts (Fenway), tho thanks to the dynamic performance more enthusiasm as it builds, but nothing like the explosive reaction w/ first notes of any warhorse. And 'the RS follow what goes on' at fan sites - what dif does it make if its reports from handlers or Mick (Charlie?) (hope not Ron) checking them out? The info (we want Mick Taylor, Christ) gets to them, sometimes, is the point...

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: October 4, 2005 19:56

T&A Wrote:
> a pity. i think that's a poor excuse if that's
> their reason for not playing it again (and I don't
> happen to believe that's the real reason).

Why don't just be happy for the guy. I wish I was backstage once in my life. He did. I didn't.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 4, 2005 20:24

sladog, I don't understand what your problem is. Stonesdoug is one of the nicest persons around. He provides us lots of information on his board. So what, if one out of a hundred posts turns out to be wrong weeks and months later. The Stones can also change their minds and play or not play a song they hadn't intented to weeks before. And what do you do? You give us nothing.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 4, 2005 21:05

Actually for me StonesDoug i s God; he passed our (iorr:s) wish list
to the boys in the Stones; their (Shidoobees) and our wish list were topped by the same song. Thats why they played Sway.
I couldnt blame them for not playin it again with that lousy result.
...And you SURE as bleedin hell cant blame Doug.
(See; his name spelled backwards: Guod, almost "God"... grinning smiley)

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: October 4, 2005 21:13

The info doesn't always get to them if it is deleted right away, such as when I posted my petition on Shidoobee. Five minutes later it was taken down. John R---what's with the christ in brackets.
Stonedoug also said there would be no club gig in Toronto, it would be in USA.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home