Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: OT: Woodstock 2019
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 7, 2019 18:41

I have a question about the original Woodstock:

So there's the movie and there's the Director's cut. I think the Director's Cut is 3 and a half to 4 hours. Is there ANY other footage from the festival, either on a bonus DVD or online? I see there's a (cruel) 80 minute video of pristine Woodstock footage with no sound on Youtube. Is that coming from somewhere? And if not, what did they do with all the rest of the footage? I know all of Jimi's set has been released, what about everyone else's? Seems like they always put out more audio but not more video. I'm looking for anything thats not in the Director's Cut or what package to buy that has it.

Thanks!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:14

It must have been in '89 when MTV was broadcasting unreleased footage that wasn't in the original film. I remember a clip of Creedence and I believe I also saw one of Blood, Sweat, and Tears. These clips were kind of washed out and grainy compared to the movie. I haven't seen the Director's Cut, so I don't know if they have been added already.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2019 01:27

RollingFreak
Its amazing how each box set seems like the most definitive one then they always find more. HOW can there still be 267 previously unreleased tracks from that festival?!!!

Also, if anyone doesn't have it, Jefferson Airplane's authorized official full Woodstock set is glorious. IMO them at their best.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Band banter! There's no required length for a track so if someone said 'What ending are we starting with?' then that's a track. So perhaps there are 267 new tracks of babble like that. Which might be interesting... kind of.

OT: Woodstock 50
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 11, 2019 01:26

Woodstock 50 Loses Festival Site as Watkins Glen Raceway Pulls Out

By Jem Aswad
June 10, 2019

[variety.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2019 02:45

If it wasn't dead already, that might be the final nail in the coffin .
Maybe they should plan ahead for Woodstock 2029 - plenty of time to get all their ducks in a row.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 11, 2019 03:59

Coulda been a spectacle, but that lineup just lost me, and I am off that weekend!

I guess it follows the theme of '69 to aim it towards the younger set, but we know where the clout is when it comes to ticket prices and attendance... it's the veteran acts.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 11, 2019 13:09

The past couple of weeks I had totally forgot about this affair and now Watkins Glen pulled out and that is it done finito .Wow , mind blowing in one way , but not when you add everything up together .

Date: June 11, 2019 13:56

Woodstock 50 in doubt but organizers say in talks with venue

"We are in discussions with another venue to host Woodstock 50 on August 16th_18th and look forward to sharing the new location when tickets go on sale in the coming weeks," said Gregory Peck, a managing member of organizers of Woodstock 50 LLC.

[www.apnews.com]

Re: OT: Woodstock 50
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 11, 2019 14:38

bye bye johnny

"We are in discussions with another venue to host Woodstock 50 on August 16th_18th and look forward to sharing the new location when tickets go on sale in the coming weeks," said Gregory Peck, a managing member of organizers of Woodstock 50 LLC.

[www.apnews.com]

Michael Lang and the other Woodstock organisers must be crazy to think they can still pull off this festival with only 2 months preparation time and no tickets sold yet. It's time for them to cut their losses and pull the plug on this mess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 19:54 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 11, 2019 14:48

It's time to downsize. Maybe they can just get Melanie and John Sebastian to play a few songs at a backyard barbecue and call it a day.

OT: Woodstock 2019
Date: June 18, 2019 19:10

Gov’t Mule’s All-Star Woodstock Tribute at Mountain Jam - June 15

[jam.buzz]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 19, 2019 13:23

tatters
It's time to downsize. Maybe they can just get Melanie and John Sebastian to play a few songs at a backyard barbecue and call it a day.
This would work , good idea !

Re: OT: Woodstock 50
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 16:01

bye bye johnny

[www.apnews.com]
I thought Gregory Peck was dead confused smiley

Date: June 19, 2019 22:18

Woodstock 50 at Vernon Downs? Could festival be held at horse racing track?

[www.poughkeepsiejournal.com]

Date: June 20, 2019 01:12

Hard to believe with just 2 months before the scheduled start of the festival and no tickets sold yet the organisers think they will still be able to pull this off. I don't know how they could get the infrastructure and logistics sorted out in such a short time but sounds like a disaster in the making. They should reschedule it for a later date in Las Vegas or Florida.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 20, 2019 04:29

They're just adhering to the spirit of the original Woodstock when they had to pull out of Wallkill NY and move to Bethel NY, a month before the festival.

Date: June 26, 2019 02:22

New Woodstock 50 site picked? Festival applies for Vernon Downs mass gathering permit

Date: June 26, 2019 14:05

Michael Lang still insists this festival is going to happen less than 2 months before it is scheduled to start without a location announced or a single ticket sold. The artists have already been paid and are under contact to perform but it's not 1969 and it will require a lot more than an official announcement to convince people this festival is going to happen and spend $400 for tickets.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 26, 2019 14:09

TornAndFried
Michael Lang still insists this festival is going to happen less than 2 months before it is scheduled to start without a location announced or a single ticket sold. The artists have already been paid and are under contact to perform but it's not 1969 and it will require a lot more than an official announcement to convince people this festival is going to happen and spend $400 for tickets.

At this point, they might draw a significant crowd once they make the location announcement just out of sheer curiosity of whether it'll happen. At this point, if I were Lang, I'd just keep building the myth of "so screwed up you need to see this trainwreck in person."

Date: June 26, 2019 22:44

Woodstock 50 Organizers Haven't Contacted Artists to Discuss New Site (or Anything Else)

6/26/2019 by Dave Brooks

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 27, 2019 03:03

RollingFreak

At this point, they might draw a significant crowd once they make the location announcement just out of sheer curiosity of whether it'll happen. At this point, if I were Lang, I'd just keep building the myth of "so screwed up you need to see this trainwreck in person."

I'm curious, too, but not $400-curious. I can't see too many other people risking that much money, either--everybody knows about Fyre Festival by now!

Date: June 27, 2019 05:56

Here's the latest twist in the Woodstock 50 saga. Apparently some of the artists that are booked for the festival are giving the promoters a deadline (some reports say July 1) for when they need to announce both the venue and when tickets are going to go on sale or they threaten to void their contracts. [www.billboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 23:40 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 10, 2019 22:03

Woodstock 50 Permit Denied by Latest Proposed Site

[variety.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 22:18

What a clusterfvck. This was THE anniversary to go all-out, and they blew it.

Woodstock 25 went well overall, but 30 ended up descending into a violent disaster. And now to screw up a big event like the FIFTIETH anniversary? Inexcusable.

Date: July 10, 2019 23:58

keefriff99
What a clusterfvck. This was THE anniversary to go all-out, and they blew it.

Woodstock 25 went well overall, but 30 ended up descending into a violent disaster. And now to screw up a big event like the FIFTIETH anniversary? Inexcusable.

Michael Lang and the other Woodstock 50 organisers should have done a smaller event last year to work out all the kinks and be better prepared for a full-scale festival this year. This thing was a mess from the start. It deserved to fail.

Date: July 12, 2019 19:47

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:56

At this point, why doesn't Lang just have a picnic in his backyard and call it good?

Date: July 12, 2019 20:03

Kurt
At this point, why doesn't Michael Lang just have a picnic in his backyard and call it good?

He still has 5 months to organize an Altamont 50 if he gets started now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 20:05 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 15, 2019 19:31

Woodstock 50 organizers to appeal to Vernon residents with open house

John W. Barry, Poughkeepsie Journal
July 15, 2019

Woodstock 50 organizers are gearing up for a public meeting that is critical to the future of their proposed, troubled festival in Oneida County by hosting an open house, offering a preview of their festival plans and inviting Town of Vernon residents to play an active role in the planned concert.

Two open house events at Vernon Downs: 6:30 p.m. Monday, and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, according to press release issued Monday morning by Woodstock 50.

Town of Vernon officials at 7 p.m. Tuesday will listen as Woodstock 50 organizers, including Gural, make their case for holding the festival. Vernon last week twice rejected plans for the festival, saying that organizers applied for a permit too late and their plans were inadequate. Town officials on Tuesday will hear an appeal of the decision.

The future of Woodstock 50 remains unclear as organizers are running out of time. The festival, with an announced lineup that includes dozens of acts such as Jay-Z, the Lumineers, Miley Cyrus and Santana, is scheduled for Aug. 16-18.

Through it all, Woodstock 50 organizers, including Ulster County resident Michael Lang, co-founder and co-producer of the 1969 Woodstock festival, have remained hopeful that the festival will be held.

“The original Woodstock prevailed against all odds because of the determination of the founders and we hope that, with the help of the people of Vernon, history can repeat itself and turn Woodstock 50 into a great American comeback story,” said Greg Peck, co-owner of Woodstock 50, in the release.

He continued, “We have put enormous care and thought into our security, safety, traffic and medical plan and are eager to show the officials and residents of Vernon that this festival will be not only memorable and historic, but peaceful and safe for everyone involved.”

Woodstock 50 has faced enormous obstacles over the past months, including the loss of its financial and production partners and the loss of its original venue, Watkins Glen International racetrack in Schuyler County.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:36

TornAndFried

He still has 5 months to organize an Altamont 50 if he gets started now.

With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as an expiatory victim in lieu of Meredith Hunter? Deal!
I mean it's 2019 we need strict gender parity everywhere! smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 19:42 by dcba.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2085
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home