Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rumored Set List tonight
Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: October 2, 2005 04:18

The following is subject to change:

1. START ME UP
2. IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N ROLL
3. SHE'S SO COLD
4. TUMBLIN' DICE
5. ROUGH JUSTICE
6. BACK OF MY HAND
7. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
8. ALL DOWN THE LINE
9. NIGHT TIME
10. THE WORST
11. INFAMY
12. MISS YOU
13. ON NO NOT YOU AGAIN
14. GET OFF MY CLOUD
15. HONKY TONK WOMEN
16. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
17. PAINT IT BLACK
18. BROWN SUGAR
19. JUMPIN' JACK FLASH
20. YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
21. SATISFACTION

Edited by: GlimmerDeb at: 10/1/05 8:49 pm

Re: Rumored Set List tonight
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 2, 2005 06:10

yawn - again no ABB additions. boring.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: October 2, 2005 06:18

Did the setlist change at all from the original post? Or did they play exactly what they scripted?

Date: October 2, 2005 07:26

it went according to script. no YGMR! yay.

Date: October 2, 2005 07:33

HOw the @#$%& can you complain about a set like that.....

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: October 2, 2005 08:48

What a FANTASTIC set-list, I don't care what anyone says!!
PLEASE play this set-list in Charlottesville this Thursday...I'm going with a non-fanatic (unlike me) Stones fan and she would LOVE this set-list!! And, sorry, but let's face it, people like my friend comprise most of the audience..they don't want to hear obscure or new tunes. Want proof? Check out the sales of "A Bigger Bang'...that'll tell you all you need to know.

I'll never forget taking some friends to a 'Voodoo Lounge' concert after raving about the Stones for twenty years, and they played things like "Rocks Off" and about 5 songs from the new album that my friends didn't know...they thought it was absolutely boring. The only time they got into it was during "Satisfaction." I was so humiliated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-02 08:49 by Jack Knife.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: October 2, 2005 08:50

Just got back from the show. The setlist is correct. The show was AMAZING. Get off My Cloud from the B stage was one of the highlights, along with a blistering Sympathy and a near-perfect Paint It Black.

The boys really rocked tonight. Didn't think they still had it in 'em. My jaw is still on the floor.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Date: October 2, 2005 08:56

i hope your jaw returns to its rightful place at some point, Bluesplayer. nice selist, for sure.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 2, 2005 09:11

Thank you, Orange Cow.
Nice to see Get Off My Cloud worked in,
As well as PIB & ADTL. She´s So Cold i also
a welcome setlist-refresher in the beginning.
No neckwringin surprises here,
but habil & strong.
I could do with one more song from aBB
(LMDS/TPIE/IWTL rotating?)
and I see forward to future new featurings. smiling smiley

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 2, 2005 09:34

Nice to see Back of My Hand return, and also nice to see Midnight Rambler, Get Off My Cloud, Paint It Black and All Down the Line. However, overall, this is yet another boring, boring setlist. At the very least, Keith could drop one of his two snoozers and play something else, and they could rotate Back of My Hand with It Won't Take Long and She Saw Me Coming. It doesn't seem like that's a lot to ask. It's not like they would have to sacrifice a warhorse in order to do that.

If they continue to play setlists like this the bitching on this board will only increase, and I will be part of it. I've been patient but am starting to lose my patience. More variety, please!

Date: October 2, 2005 09:45

ONNYA - welcome to the Whiner's Ring of Champions.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 2, 2005 09:47

More than half of the set is new compared with an ordinary setlist from the Licks tour.
That ain't bad from my point of view. I think people complains too much.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 2, 2005 10:15

Thommie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More than half of the set is new compared with an
> ordinary setlist from the Licks tour.
> That ain't bad from my point of view. I think
> people complains too much.

If they haven't played any more new songs from a Bigger Bang by November, I am going to be in the Hall of Fame smiling smiley

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 2, 2005 11:18

I hope Get Off My Cloud and Midnight Rambler get played in Durham.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 2, 2005 17:05

Wasnt really awake when I read this at first:
BOMH & Rambler! WooooooW!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-02 21:11 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 2, 2005 17:10

Has this board concluded that MISS YOU is a warhorse, or a backup bathroom break song?

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: October 2, 2005 17:19

I was at the show last night. To be totally honest, I wasn't very excited to go. I came in with the state of mind that I knew what songs they were going to play and in what order, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Playing BOMH, Midnight Rambler, All Down The Line and Night Time consecutively was almost euphoric for me. The guitar work in those first three songs was amazing. And, although many of you may not believe this, Ronnie was in tip top shape last night. He was definitely on point with all of his solos. Also, despite Keith @#$%& up the beginning to "Brown Sugar", he played excellently last evening and seemed to have a lot of energy.
As a side note, before the boys launched into "Get Off of My Cloud", Mick acknowledged a few fans who were holding a nice banner in tribute to Stu. He said something like, "That's a very nice poster for Stu. Now we're going to play a number that he hated." The rest of the boys really had a laugh about that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 2, 2005 17:26

rock'nroller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has this board concluded that MISS YOU is a
> warhorse, or a backup bathroom break song?

its both

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: October 2, 2005 20:26

Although the set list hasn't changed a lot and only four cuts from ABB (sone nights only 3)it was a great mix of blues in the beginning with BOMH, MR, and the smokin' ADTL, along with Night Time from Ray Charles. NO YGMR, but they could have dropped IORR in my opinion as well and kept something like Out of Control or even Shattered.

She's So Cold was well done and fits nicely on this tour. It seems they are settling in a rotation for numbers 6,7, and 8 with BOMH, All Down the Line, MR, Bitch, Live With Me, Shattered,Ruby Tuesday, and sometimes YCAGWYW. Keep Cloud in the b-set but maybe rotate it with one of these numbers mentioned earlier.

Great show in Hershey and the setlist is much more diverse than it was on the Steel Wheels tour and even the No Security tour had as few a changes as this one does right now.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: October 2, 2005 20:59

Setlist is improving, but it has to get better. Good that YGMR was cut, now cut Miss You and Tumbling Dice as well. But put something else in as replacement like Sway or Helper or anything. It is getting to the point to where one can go and see them.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: October 2, 2005 21:01

ohnonotyouagain you really sick me, you had the Licks Tour for obscures tunes, now they have another audience, a lot of poeple going to see them for the first time, i think 75% of the crown want to heart Satisfaction or Miss You, and maybe 25% are hardocore fans like us, but i saw the stones only one time, and you know what?, this set list is beautifull, i would love to hear it in my country or i will be very disapointed.-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home