Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tina Turner: Mick is a great storyteller and he can outtalk anyone on the planet.
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 21, 2018 13:07

GetYerAngie
Rockman
Men have thousands of stories to slay a women. It's the oldest trick in the book.

So do the ladies probably even more so …..

The stranger in a strange land and the grieving widow were the best two I ever heard ……

grinning smiley

But ladies never divulge those tales, yet we all know that they are there.

Re: Tina Turner: Mick is a great storyteller and he can outtalk anyone on the planet.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2018 13:11

….ooooowwww yes they do … I witnessed it all ….

The crocodile tears and the widows sins and clean public image ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 21, 2018 14:16

Careful...you might disappoint your fan club!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 21, 2018 19:33

Hairball
The first 35 years or so of his life might be interesting to read, but beyond that might get a bit boring.
"And then I traveled to a private island and ate caviar. And then I had another affair...and we drank alot of champagne. And then I had a role in Freejack...then had another kid...and did I mention my solo albums...."

Couldn't agree more.
Eric Clapton's autobiography wass one of the better ones but it tails off in the mid 80s when he deals with his drug and alcohol demons...and then discovers the merits of domesticity a decade or so later.
It will be interesting to see what Roger Daltrey's book will be life. His private life has been pretty stable and what new is there to reveal about The Who?

Mick is a bit the same...other than the constant procession of women in his life which could be described as either titillation or boring, what else is there? He would have to open up and reveal his thoughts regarding key issues in his life (the deception of Oldham, Klein; the decline and death of Jones; the suicide attempts of (at least 3) partners; Keith's addictions;Anita; his solo efforts; his relationship with brother Chris; the insiders knowledge of Stones Inc, its finances ETC.

Can't see Mick opening up on any of these issues. He will be like Sinatra: stay silent on the matter and let the analysis happen long after he's left us.
And you know what? Nothing might be revealed even then,other than to confirm he led a very full life and (in the main) enjoyed every bit of it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 27, 2018 01:57

paulspendel
The story I would like to hear is why he called Janet Lawson to make sure she went to the Brian Jones inquest on July 7th 1969. He offered to pay for her travel expenses. Janet Lawson (Tallyn) told me so herself.

Maybe she was lying.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 27, 2018 08:16

mick's a bit too clever to write that stuff down; or even have a journalist 'co-write' his edited interviews ala "Life" by Keith,
at most we'd get a travelogue kinda thing; didn't he at one point have a book deal and return the Advance Fees for some reason?

Date: October 27, 2018 09:18

didn't he at one point have a book deal and return the Advance Fees for some reason?

the books is all thru his lyrics …. but yeah hopeeee wheeled it all back in a barrow …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 27, 2018 10:30

The Sicilian
He's a great storyteller to her because she's a female and he most likely was making a play for her. Come on fellas all guys do it. Men have thousands of stories to slay a women. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Bingo

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 27, 2018 13:18

Koen
The Sicilian
He's a great storyteller to her because she's a female and he most likely was making a play for her. Come on fellas all guys do it. Men have thousands of stories to slay a women. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Bingo

A little less conversation, a little more action please.

Date: October 27, 2018 13:23

Perhaps the only realiable source for any RS account is Bill Wyman (furthermpre, Bill is the only one who formally has kept records, as we all know). For instance and according to him the book of KR is 50% true at best. Mick has never been interested in the past. The present time has been so funny and brilliant for him so as much to care about the past. He probably has forgotten too many interesting things.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 28, 2018 07:08

hey kids i'm thinkin' grandpa has a whole LOT of stories about Tina
and those sweet Ikettes, doncha boy?
care to let loose on one of those great stories Michael?
hmmm, well well we can imagine son. some of that stuff not exactly Legal
in a lot of states, but ok....we'll make up our own, thank you.

Date: October 28, 2018 07:35

………………………..…….. Don't look back …...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2018 06:09

Unconfirmed reports, but evidently Tina Turner might be fighting stomach cancer according to BET (Black Entertainment Televison).

Tina Turner Is Reportedly Fighting Stomach Cancer

If true, prayers for Tina.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home