Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

19th Nervous Breakdown Blue Version
Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: September 30, 2005 11:12

I finally heard it. It is laughable; no doubt the most rediculous thing the Rolling Stones have ever done; absolute crap.

Re: 19th Nervous Breakdown Blue Version
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 30, 2005 11:15

The new 19th?
Listen again.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: September 30, 2005 11:15

ouh la !

Date: September 30, 2005 11:18

I listened again. It still makes me laugh. They turned one of the top five songs they ever recorded into a pitiful joke.

Posted by: gimme ()
Date: September 30, 2005 11:24

maybe you have nervous breakdown smiling smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 30, 2005 11:29

To each his own

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 30, 2005 12:36

You´re right as so often, Erik.
But maybe they should call the new, flegmatic
yet cocky version "20th Nervous Breakdown"....
I just wish people could stop comparing 1960´s & 70s
with what we have now. It´s a new dress, that´s all.
They still could play the original song if they and we want.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: September 30, 2005 12:38

i admit I prefer the previous version played in 97.
this new one is a bit surprising but finally ok with me

Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: September 30, 2005 12:50

The Re-made version isnt bad..but i still prefer the 97 version also...
just doesnt have the same feeling to it...

Date: September 30, 2005 13:04

They tried the same thing with It's All Over Now years ago and every time I hear that it makes me think 'what the heck were these boys thinking?' I don't remember which tour that was. It's like an April Fool's joke or something. McCartney tried the same thing in the early 1990's with Can't Buy Me Love. That one didn't work too well either, but at least his has a nice bouncy Cajun rhythm.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 30, 2005 13:36

They played It's All over Now in '94/'95 wicj i thought was a great version.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 14:26

I only heard the new version of '19th...' yesterday and I was surprised at how great it sounded and how well it worked! They really updated it and it sounded fantastic! I'd love to get this on boot....

Also, as Wuudy said, the VL tour opener of IAON, was inspired and a top version to boot!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 1, 2005 09:34

I really dig it. You're allowed to bash it all you want but I REALLY dig it. My only complaint was that Daryl (who is normally flawless and I have nothing but mad props for) seemd to play the final bass part doubletime. He should have stuck to Charlie's cadence better.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 1, 2005 09:38

mick whipped this crap up , im glad i got some great 97 versions thou

Date: October 1, 2005 11:42

Wuddy: I was not talking about the 94-95 versions of It's All Over Now. The one they re-arranged in a strange way was much earlier than that (maybe 1973). Help me out Gazza.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 1, 2005 12:17

BOBM: You don't need Gazza. The It's all over now version you're talking about was from a show at Honolulu Sports Center January 21st 1973. And it's absolutely GREAT! I love that version.
As far as 19th is concerned I heard it at MSG some weeks ago, and it rolled and it rolled and it rolled.. FANTASTIC!
I love that they are creative about some old songs, and not just making new ones. And for a fact they are constantly making new ajustments to all the warhorses as well. Just compare, let's say Satisfaction, over the years. It's very very different at some of the tours. The tempo, tha things Keith plays, and so on. It's what makes the songs feel fresh, even after 25 - 30 years.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: October 1, 2005 12:37

maybe someone can set up a link here so everyone can hear this version?

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 1, 2005 13:29

The version of Its All Over Now on that benefit concert (same one with Route 66 etc...) I believe it was the Nicaraguan benefit show that you're refering to BOBM... that version is KILLER. Like a rollicking berry tune. The voodoo version was hoping. Jagger was skipping all over the stage on that one. But on the version from 73 that you're talking about, it kindof sounded like a slowed down version of @#$%&. Killer stuff.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 1, 2005 20:50

could not disagree more. one of the coolest things they've ever done on stage. they ruined this song in '97 when they'd tried to stick with the original arrangement - they were smart to come up with something new - this absolutely cooks bigtime!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 2, 2005 01:25

I am all for them rearranging old songs but I don't like this one. It is slow and boring and adds nothing to the original IMO.

Posted by: roddyjoe ()
Date: October 2, 2005 01:32

I love the fact that they're trying rework an older song like this and whether you love it or hate it (I happen to really like it), they should be applauded for trying it. Dylan does even more radical reworkings to his old songs live and it keeps it interesting. 19th Nervous Breakdown, Mother's Little Helper and other songs from that period are dated and doing them just like the record 40 years later doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home