Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Martin Sharp art/Performance
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 3, 2018 07:37

Re: Martin Sharp art/Performance
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 3, 2018 07:47

Nice article, thanks. thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2018 08:42

Carnaby
[www.theguardian.com]

"Mick Jagger was the subject of Sharp’s Oz cover in October 1968, in an image that reflected several enduring artistic influences, including Hokusai’s Great Wave off Kanagawa and photographer Eadweard Muybridge’s running man. Sharp was working at the time on the cult film Performance in which Jagger made his film debut as a jaded rock star named Turner. Sharp assisted with the look of Turner’s decadent mansion and a number of Sharp’s artworks – including his Dylan image – appear in the film, directed by Nicolas Roeg and Donald Cammell, which portrayed the underbelly of the sixties."

From Oz Magazine, October 1968:

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 3, 2018 20:53

Interesting indeed.

The article mentions the famous Jimi 'Explosion' poster (based on a photo taken by Linda McCartney).

Find out more about that at [sharphendrix.blogspot.com] . If anyone (else) has a larger version of it I'd be interested to hear from them.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2018 00:33

CaptainCorella
Interesting indeed.

The article mentions the famous Jimi 'Explosion' poster (based on a photo taken by Linda McCartney).

Find out more about that at [sharphendrix.blogspot.com] . If anyone (else) has a larger version of it I'd be interested to hear from them.

I have the book Get On Down - A Decade of Rock and Roll Posters pictured in your link that my brother gave me as a birthday gift in the late '70s.
Very high quality reproductions in a large format - including the Stones' dragon poster and many, many more.
Anyhow, never realized there were so many different variations of the same design!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home