Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 24, 2018 00:59

that dang earl thomas sure doesn't look like he's in decline. sigh.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 24, 2018 01:24

crholmstrom
Buffalo vs Cleveland for the AFC championship? haha
dream!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 24, 2018 04:31

Bears win ugly against Arizona thanks to their defense! First place in the NFC North, can't remember the last time I've been able to say that!

Bear Down Chicago Bears!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 24, 2018 09:32

Seems to me that Buffalo exposed the weakness of the NFC North. Still nice to see the da bears in first.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 24, 2018 09:54

The Pats look like complete garbage...this season is looking like the end of the road.

Date: September 24, 2018 09:59

keefriff99
The Pats look like complete garbage...this season is looking like the end of the road.

Speaking of garbage and New England football in general, Boston College laid a turd at Purdue. I'm not a huge BC fan but appreciate their feistiness over the years. It was weird seeing them get pushed around by an 0-3 Purdue team.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 24, 2018 18:50

Go Bills????

Date: September 24, 2018 20:27

Drew Brees now the all-time leader in pass completions. Should be the all-time leader in passing yards in the next 2-3 games (leapfrogging Favre and Peyton).

Guy is really something else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-24 20:29 by keefriff99.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 25, 2018 03:24

keefriff99
Drew Brees now the all-time leader in pass completions. Should be the all-time leader in passing yards in the next 2-3 games (leapfrogging Favre and Peyton).

The dude just keeps going.

He'll never get the credit (or hype or praise or whatever) Brady gets because Brees has only won one Super Bowl. As far as I know statistically Brees is the best NFL QB ever, which will only grow as he plans to play for at least another 2 seasons after 2018.

Brees is setting records a lot like Wayne Gretzky did - often and a lot of them. The next big one is all time passing yards, which is 417 yards away from being broken.

Date: September 25, 2018 05:00

GasLightStreet
keefriff99

The dude just keeps going.

He'll never get the credit (or hype or praise or whatever) Brady gets because Brees has only won one Super Bowl. As far as I know statistically Brees is the best NFL QB ever, which will only grow as he plans to play for at least another 2 seasons after 2018.

Brees is setting records a lot like Wayne Gretzky did - often and a lot of them. The next big one is all time passing yards, which is 417 yards away from being broken.
I'm a Brady guy, but Brees surpasses him in terms of athleticism and pure passing talent.

For whatever reason, Super Bowl rings have become the de facto measure of quarterback greatness, as opposed to individual stats. Brady is obviously more accomplished, but Brees' stats (as well as Manning's, Marino's etc.) should be given more weight when it comes down to determining the GOATs. Rings are a factor, as the quarterback is the leader of any team, but they're more a measure of TEAM greatness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-25 05:01 by keefriff99.

Date: September 27, 2018 12:42

Decent game to start the week tonight. 2 mighty defenses. Let's see what Cousins is made of.

Date: September 27, 2018 14:57

lets not forget that mannings team was terrible when he got drafted hence being the #1 pick so he didn't have a good system or players or coach around him when he first started

Date: September 27, 2018 15:10

crholmstrom
Decent game to start the week tonight. 2 mighty defenses. Let's see what Cousins is made of.
It's gonna be a damn good game. The Rams are scary.

Date: September 30, 2018 21:58

Bears offense finally coming to life! Trubisky threw 5 TD passes in the first half and Bears are up 38-3 going into the 3rd Qtr!

Date: September 30, 2018 23:47

DGA35
Bears offense finally coming to life! Trubisky threw 5 TD passes in the first half and Bears are up 38-3 going into the 3rd Qtr!
Bears are looking good so far...Mack is a beast.

Pats looked sharper today, even with Brady throwing two interceptions. Hopefully the start of a course correction for them.

Date: October 1, 2018 06:49

Earl Thomas breaks his leg and as he's been carted off the field, fingers the Seattle sideline! Something tells me that was his last game as a Seahawk.

Date: October 1, 2018 20:38

DGA35
Earl Thomas breaks his leg and as he's been carted off the field, fingers the Seattle sideline! Something tells me that was his last game as a Seahawk.

my favorite player. too bad he wasn't a cowboy when he went down!!!

Date: October 2, 2018 16:14

DGA35

Why did he give the finger to teammates? They have nothing to do with his ongoing contract issues, which were supposedly resolved. Maybe mad at Coaches?

Date: October 2, 2018 16:29

Chris Fountain
DGA35

Why did he give the finger to teammates? They have nothing to do with his ongoing contract issues, which were supposedly resolved. Maybe mad at Coaches?
I think he was just lashing out at "the team" in an abstract way. I can't blame him for being pissed in the moment.

Date: October 5, 2018 14:35

The Seahawks are a 7.5 home dog. This must be a first in a long time. Rams' Gurley is a monster back and hawks must stop him.

Date: October 5, 2018 15:15

Brady to Josh Gordon for #500. Who woulda thunk it?

Date: October 5, 2018 15:42

keefriff99

I saw that play. Brady certainly had protection. Gordon ran a ten second route- fought through three or more defenders.

Date: October 5, 2018 16:15

Chris Fountain
keefriff99

I saw that play. Brady certainly had protection. Gordon ran a ten second route- fought through three or more defenders.

that's because the patriots constantly hold on the o-line and are never flagged. watched that game with a pats fan and he even said no one gets that long to throw just standing in the pocket unless there is a lot of holding

Date: October 5, 2018 16:27

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

that's because the patriots constantly hold on the o-line and are never flagged. watched that game with a pats fan and he even said no one gets that long to throw just standing in the pocket unless there is a lot of holding

Agreed. Remember when the Pats were caught spying on the Jets' practices several years.. ago? Pure evil. The Pats need to be discussed in that crazy "Occult" thread spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 5, 2018 16:59

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

well there is holding on almost every play in the nfl so the refs could constantly through the flag but I have never seen someone stand in the pocket that long without some penalty being flagged. gronk earlier also should have been flagged for offensive pass interference when he layed into someone on the colts to free up Julian edleman. luckily wide open edleman dropped the pass so it didn't matter
Agreed. Remember when the Pats were caught spying on the Jets' practices several years.. ago? Pure evil. The Pats need to be discussed in that crazy "Occult" thread spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 6, 2018 07:48

Chris Fountain
The Seahawks are a 7.5 home dog. This must be a first in a long time. Rams' Gurley is a monster back and hawks must stop him.

reality rears its ugly head....

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: October 7, 2018 14:19

for the first time in several years i won't be watching my seahawks as the game is happening. recording the game. sadly, there is a memorial get together for 1 of my few friends from work. john was my age (mid 50s) & was diagnosed with cancer. he was gone 6 weeks later. a good thing is i was able to help his wife out with some issues with the company & get the word out about today. if you are so inclined, the family has requested donations to charity on link in memory of john stenberg. it's a good charity. helps kids in need of physical therapy that can't afford it. its a sad day. john was a good guy & is already missed. RIP John Stenberg.

[waelks.org]

Date: October 7, 2018 14:56

Hey crholmstrom -

I am sorry for the loss and wish the best for family and friends. Of course, the service takes precedence over a sporting event. Again. my thoughts and prayers for all.

Very Respectfully -

Chris

Date: October 7, 2018 16:23

Chris Fountain
Hey crholmstrom -

I am sorry for the loss and wish the best for family and friends. Of course, the service takes precedence over a sporting event. Again. my thoughts and prayers for all.

Very Respectfully -

Chris

Thanks, Chris. This has hit pretty hard as we had become friends in the last year. Has gotten me thinking harder about doing the disability retirement the doctors have wanted me to do for 5 years. Don't want to leave unnamed corporate devil in a coffin! On another subject, even though it looks pretty bleak going in: GO HAWKS!

Date: October 7, 2018 23:21

go JETS

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home