Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 3, 2018 23:44

getdown
RAIDER NATION is now headquartered in Las Vegas, unfortunately.

If the A's can ever escape like they want to, Oakland will be bereft of pro sports. Are the Warriors moving into palatial new digs this NBA season? I heard that when the NFL shot down the Raiders/Chargers plan for LA that the Oakland Coliseum immediately raised the rent thinking they had the Raiders over a barrel. I think Mark Davis had a plan all along. He took the big boys in Vegas like Sheldon Adelson & Steve Wynn to the cleaners. There's some interesting stories online about that. I bet they looked at Mark & thought "look at this doofus who cuts his own hair" & figured they would totally fleece him. Funny thing though, he totally turned the tables on them. Really sad they didn't keep Khalil Mack. The byzantine finances of the NFL are amazing. In England, the Premier League teams pay for their own stadiums. What a concept! No welfare for billionaire owners so they can make more money than they already are. Here in Seattle, the Mariners are pulling in huge profits without ever winning anything. Still they want $200 million more from the public for stadium maintainence & upgrades. In the meantime, they are charging $50 to sit in the upper deck to watch them lose to the Dodgers. They have priced me out. I'd rather spend my limited entertainment money on music.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: September 4, 2018 21:26

I think the predictions are fun but I like surprises too. Last year at this time, no one was predicting the Eagles to win it all. So what will be this year's surprise? Eagles win it again !!! Bwaaa Haw Haw. (probably not - repeating is a bitch).

HBK

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 21:39

HouseBoyKnows
I think the predictions are fun but I like surprises too. Last year at this time, no one was predicting the Eagles to win it all. So what will be this year's surprise? Eagles win it again !!! Bwaaa Haw Haw. (probably not - repeating is a bitch).

HBK
Even as a Patriots fan, I'll never get over the Seahawks blowing their chance to repeat in 2015. They had it in the palm of their hand.

Date: September 4, 2018 23:07

keefriff99
HouseBoyKnows

HBK
Even as a Patriots fan, I'll never get over the Seahawks blowing their chance to repeat in 2015. They had it in the palm of their hand.

you'll never get over it?!?!?!?!!? confused smiley

Date: September 4, 2018 23:10

crholmstrom
keefriff99
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

you'll never get over it?!?!?!?!!? confused smiley
Lol, not in the sense that I'm disappointed...I just mean in terms of complete and utter bafflement.

I know how you feel about it as a fan.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 5, 2018 05:57

rara
Go Falcons, Super Bowl LIII is coming home smiling bouncing smiley

That makes no sense.

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: September 5, 2018 06:53

The Niners may finally be relavant again. Bad break losing starting RB though!

Date: September 5, 2018 20:31

Earl Thomas ends holdout. Yay!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 6, 2018 02:18

I predict a lot of touchdowns. smoking smiley

Date: September 6, 2018 23:21

here we go ladies & gents. it's 1 of the high holy days. first real NFL game of the season. woo hoo! GO HAWKS!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 01:23

crholmstrom
here we go ladies & gents. it's 1 of the high holy days. first real NFL game of the season. woo hoo! GO HAWKS!

Do you think the Hawks will even finish 8-8?

Date: September 7, 2018 01:46

DGA35
crholmstrom

Do you think the Hawks will even finish 8-8?

realistically no but hope springs eternal at this point. i think they will make things interesting. russell wilson goes down, all bets are off. actually though with a squad of young players, pete carroll is at his best. they could be a factor as soon as next year. then again, maybe they have a star or two in the making. right now they are in excellent shape at running back. the o line is a work in progress but looks better than last year. the d line may be more problematic. the secondary is a question mark but having earl thomas back makes that less of a worry. i would luv to see shaquem griffin make an impact. what a story that would be. he (& his brother) certainly have the rigth attitude. i think there was a conscious effort by the team to get away from the malcontents ( i wouldn't put earl in that category). sherman, bennett, et al didn't want to be coached any more. speaking of sherman, it will never happen but i just wish he would shut up & concentrate on his own team. ya, the hawks let him go but they did it in a way where he had plenty of time to catch on with another team. i hope russell wilson smokes him when they play. anyway, i've read a few articles by national guys who think they could be a surprise team. of course there are other articles that say they are only going to win 4 games. we shall see. i'm an original fan from day one. i'm not going to change my stripes now. now my raiders (AFC team) i'm more worried about. i think that there is a real possibility that gruden has lost his little mind. i just hope that beast mode has a good year.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 7, 2018 01:48

I sadlysad smiley feel the least excited for this NFL season as I have ever been and I am not sure why... it is just the way things are. I wish I had a salary cap weekly picking game to join, but they killed all of those.

No teams make me excited. There are not many stars left which I care to root for. The politicizing BS has turned me off. The salaries and ticket prices are absurd. The fact it is glaringly more a business than a fun game has turned me off. It is just not as much anticipated fun anymore.

Of course I will watch my team... but I am pretty sure it will basically be a repeat of the last 5-10 season... somewhat entertaining but always coming up short... which is fine, it is very hard to win it all.

So... poop. I used to have my hair on fire by today, the first day of the season, ready to watch ANY NFL game... but now... man... I need to find a way to not lose total interest like I have in the NBA NHL and stock car racing. I used to love watching them too... but today I could not care less those sport, I never watch, not even the playoffs.

I still like the NFL and MLB... but they are slowly losing me, esp the NFL.
I hope something changes for the better.

Date: September 7, 2018 02:12

nfl misses the mark again about who their audience is. shawn mendes playing the pregame party. bleh. they need to seriously look at metallica for like a super bowl half time. or pearl jam. even though i thought last weekend's show i saw was mediocre, foo fighters would be fun, too.

Date: September 7, 2018 04:19

not real into the banner these days for various reasons but boyz ii men did a fine job with it.

Date: September 7, 2018 12:14

that game was so boring, it was criminal. i guess that practice of not having the star players practice isn't working so well. ATL needs to get rid of sarkasian. NFL putting out poor product to start the year.

Date: September 8, 2018 19:52

crholmstrom
that game was so boring, it was criminal. i guess that practice of not having the star players practice isn't working so well. ATL needs to get rid of sarkasian. NFL putting out poor product to start the year.

All that matters is Cantlanta lost. They certainly won't be playing in SB 53 in 2019. In fact, it would be absolutely brilliant if the Saints go to SB 53 and win.

Date: September 8, 2018 23:20

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

All that matters is Cantlanta lost. They certainly won't be playing in SB 53 in 2019. In fact, it would be absolutely brilliant if the Saints go to SB 53 and win.

your saints are looking good this year. the nfc is brutal, should be an interesting season. in the afc, i was liking my raiders until gruden lost what's left of his little mind. liking houston on that side if they can stay healthy. i know it's most likely in vain this year but GO HAWKS!

Date: September 9, 2018 07:05

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

your saints are looking good this year. the nfc is brutal, should be an interesting season. in the afc, i was liking my raiders until gruden lost what's left of his little mind. liking houston on that side if they can stay healthy. i know it's most likely in vain this year but GO HAWKS!

I've barely managed to keep up with what all the Saints have done this summer, so many changes, other than the biggest most obvious change - Teddy Bridgewater. I've not kept up with the rest of the NFL so far so I don't know what you're talking about and who else is expected to be whatever - well, aside from the usual pointlessness of Cleveland. I'll be up to speed after this weekend.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 9, 2018 22:19

Buffalo's couch Clappy Mcdermott is a joke. Ever since the Pegulas bought the Bills and Sabres they have done nothing. NOTHING. The Sabres are a laughing stock of the NHL for years. Kim and Terry please go back to PA and drill another well.

Date: September 10, 2018 06:02

wild week so far. for the love of God, Ryan Fitzpatrick? Hawks put up a good fight but Russell Wilson is going to be so much splatter on the turf next week playing against Khalil Mack. This Sunday night game @ this point may be legendary depending how it turns out. in the 4th quarter as i type this.

Date: September 10, 2018 06:12

Just glad Rodgers isn't seriously injured. That would have been a huge blow to the league.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 10, 2018 06:30

Well my Bears snatch defeat from the sure jaws of victory. Third and one deep in Packer territory with less than 3 minutes left and you throw an incomplete and stop the clock? Fuller then dropping an easy interception which would have ended the game. Rodgers showed why he's one of the best of all time and Trubisky looked like a rookie in the second half. Matt Nagy sure made some dumb play calls in the second half.
Mack looked awesome in the first half but the Bears D couldn't stop GB in the second half.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 10, 2018 10:28

That was fun watching Randall Cobb doing some of the best running I have ever seen... first getting open and then running like the veteran he is... But sheesh... what was the deal having that hot blonde sing what was basically an advertisement for Pepsi to start the game?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 10:37 by Leonioid.

Date: September 10, 2018 14:43

second half of last night's game was amazing (sorry DGA35). as al michaels kept repeating, how many times have you seen a player leave on a cart & then come back & play like that. i think maybe al is getting to that point where he should retire. nonetheless, an amazing performance. i think russell wilson is like the convict on death row watching the clock tick down to next monday...khalil mack

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 10, 2018 15:15

Got my ticket for my beloved Raiders at Wembley this morning.
I am pretty pessimistic about this season with them trading the best defensive player in the NFL but who knows maybe their offence will return to form and they can win in high scoring shootouts.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 10, 2018 15:44

More Hot Rocks
Buffalo's couch Clappy Mcdermott is a joke. Ever since the Pegulas bought the Bills and Sabres they have done nothing. NOTHING. The Sabres are a laughing stock of the NHL for years. Kim and Terry please go back to PA and drill another well.

As a western New Yorker, it is getting difficult supporting these Bills. What a joke! Yesterday (from what I can recollect) was the second worst season opener the Bills had since 2008. Like, how long is this gonna go on?

Posted by: chop ()
Date: September 10, 2018 17:22

Aaron Rodgers is outright a God among men

My QB Sam Darnold takes the field tonight. Will be some rough days but I feel he will ultimately be a top 5 starter. The guy thinks the game at a very high level already. Just needs a better oline and ultimately an elite level receiver to pair with. Jets receiving corps are deep...just not top level

Posted by: chop ()
Date: September 10, 2018 17:29

keefriff99
Just glad Rodgers isn't seriously injured. That would have been a huge blow to the league.

This wasn't an egregious attempt to injure a QB...but you see why the league takes the steps that it does to keep these QB's upright. The league loses a lot of luster when the marquee guys are not out there.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 10, 2018 17:40

OK... So THAT wasn't the start to the season that I was looking for... Sure my Steelers can still go undefeated but... a tie with Cleveland? Really?

Kudos to Cleveland though... Best start to a season since 2004... And finally breaking their losing streak... without actually winning.

OK, that's all I've got... I'm feeling WAY to exposed in my glass house to be throwing too many stones.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home