Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Jeff Lynne's ELO 1st American Tour in 30+ Years
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2018 03:27

mosthigh
Hairball
Paddy
mosthigh
Supposed to be fanclub presale today for Vancouver, but I think somebody screwed up and put all the aisle seats - four deep on each side - on sale with no passcode, so I scored 2 in row 17 floor center aisle. Everything in front of row 15 center is VIP.

They had this gaffe resolved by the time I saw this message, but thanks for the heads up.

They were there last night for the Anaheim show, but when I attempted to put in cart an error message kept popping up.
Not that I was going to buy them anyways..was just testing the waters...will look into it again eventually.
Considering they just played two shows in the vicinity recently, not sure how fast this one will sell. And if it does sell well, they might add another "due to overwhelming demand".
Or as in the case with the recent "Fleetwood Mac" shows at the Forum, even if it doesn't sell well they might add another "due to overwhelming demand" lol.

Don't know about other cities, but they're still up for Vancouver. I did have issues on 2 of my browsers (Safari & Firefox) as well as mobile Android but it worked on Chrome. Weird.

All is working now (I'm on firefox) and am able to put in cart without an error message.
And I see now for Anaheim those aisle seats cost a bit more at $195. I now have a fan clup presale code (and others) that were sent to me from a friend, and similar tickets away from the aisle are available for $175.
Looks like another way for someone to make a few extra bucks.

Here's what it says about the aisle seats:
"Choose from the best available aisle seats and enjoy the convenience of easy access to refreshments, restrooms and venue exits"...lol...and pay extra money while you're at it!

For Anaheim, the entire first section of 20 rows is either Hot Seat package, platinum tickets, various VIP's etc. There's only three separate singles available at $175.

For anyone who wants:

Fan Club presale code: KC4BNR

American Express cardmember presale: INGOLD (need a Amex card to purchase)

Anaheim is being sold via ticketmaster where the above codes work.

For venues being sold through LiveNation - Live Nation presale code: VOCALS
And there's a possibility the other codes above work also for LiveNation- haven't checked only looking at Anaheim.

As for me, I'm still sitting on the fence with no real sense of urgency...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 03:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 25, 2018 05:29

I'll pay $15 extra for the aisle seat, even though its another Live Nation scam. It is all around better for view, dancing, not being stuck between two huge sweaty guys (or girls), and I do have a weak bladder...

Date: October 25, 2018 06:15

I'd probably do the same for all the same reasons (except for weak bladder ha) - and I'm 6'2" and have long legs so hate getting crunched.
But jeez...how many ways can think of to get some extra money from people?!!! What's next...new clean seat vs. dirty old stinky seat...just pay an extra fee lol. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:15

I saw him at the O2 in London last Wednesday night. Scored a last gasp ticket in the lower bowl near the stage for £45GBP on Stubhub. Great show, with all the old hits beautifully performed by the Mike Stevens Band, fronted by Jeff, but he's only on stage for 90 minutes and audience interaction is minimal.

Another thing to point out is that the setlist is completely static, without even any variety in the song order.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:36

Tickets are already on sale -Ticket Master is already selling tix prior to the release date of !0/29 10:00 A.M for Sunrise (Ft. Laud, Fl) show

Side arena seats are around $550. With the Stones on tour and possibly Bruce as well , this could be an expensive year- notwithstanding Roger McGuinn. jeeze after all said an done we're looking at $3000.00 dollars which includes wife, gas food, etc....

The catch is that these will all be indoor shows -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 17:37 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 25, 2018 20:37

terraplane
He is a genius

+1

Probably the most underestimated artist in the world.
He also sings and plays to perfection live.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 26, 2018 16:45

42 years ago I saw ELO play to less than a 1,000 people. This was before the hits came. The stage lights were all green and blue and half the show was on tape. I bought tickets for next summer as it appears they've upped their game.They play Move and Wilburys songs too.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 17:59

rbk
42 years ago I saw ELO play to less than a 1,000 people. This was before the hits came. The stage lights were all green and blue and half the show was on tape. I bought tickets for next summer as it appears they've upped their game.They play Move and Wilburys songs too.

1 by each and the same one every time.

The Move - Do Ya,
TW - Handle with Care.

Other than Jeff Lynne himself, it's not the same 'They'. The band are billed as Jeff Lynne's ELO and not ELO. His backing band are all top notch musicians though. He says if it wasn't his band, he wouldn't get in it winking smiley

OT - Heading out to see Jeff Lynne's ELO tonight here in Atlanta
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:14

Really looking forward to the show.

Loved their earliest stuff, especially
Ma Ma Belle, the Eldorado album. Very much wanting to hear Wild West Hero this evening.

Any fellow IORR folks been to this concert over the past year or so?

Re: OT - Heading out to see Jeff Lynne's ELO tonight here in Atlanta
Date: July 6, 2019 00:29

The three violin players are hot smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:58

I saw the Wembley gig on TV some time ago. He seemed to be sleepwalking, he seemed to be bored with his own music and bored with himself and bored with just anything surrounding him onstage.
I´m a collector since 1979 when Discovery was released and I was very disappointed. But he maybe is primarly a studio artist, not much of a live act.

Needless to say this isn´t ELO, it´s Jeff Lynne and a bunch of hired musicians, the line-up has nothing to do with the Electric Light Orchestra we know from the glorious studio albums. In some way this isn´t even a torso. He is trying to cash in for maybe the last time, I don´t blame him for that. But honestly I wouldn´t spend a nickel and a quarter for a ticket.
Yet I still love the music - Discovery-Time-Xanadu-Secret Messages... what a string of albums, let alone the classics from 73-77.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 01:50

^ ^ ^

Ignore this rubbish.
If the 70,000 odd patrons at the Wembley show are anything to go by, Jeff and accompanying ' hired hands ' put on a fantastic show.

Enjoy!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 02:12

Is Danny Harrison still part of his touring band?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 02:35

northof49
^ ^ ^

Ignore this rubbish.
If the 70,000 odd patrons at the Wembley show are anything to go by, Jeff and accompanying ' hired hands ' put on a fantastic show.

Enjoy!
HMS is all about contrarian rhetoric.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 6, 2019 03:40

I wanted to go last Friday but the venue is unbelievable to get to during rush hour. + the ticket prices were really high. Like them but the pain & hassle was just too much at this point.

PS: health stuff makes driving for hours at a time not good thing right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 03:41 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: tony ()
Date: July 6, 2019 06:47

I’ve seen it twice. Great reproduction of some really great music. You know ever song and Jeff looks and sounds great. You’ll have a great time!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 6, 2019 07:30

Saw them last week. The light show was amazing and Jeff & co performed the songs quite well. Sound was also excellent from my mid-floor seat.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: July 6, 2019 16:55

It was a great show, fantastic sound, lights and lasers were top rate.

My only complaint was that they didn't do "Ma Ma Ma Belle" or "Can't Get it Out of My Head," both from my favorite period of the band (73 - 75).

Highlights for me were "Handle Me With Care" with Dhani Harrison (sounding uncannily like George), "Telephone Line," "Wild West Hero," and "Do Ya."

Wouldn't need to see it again, but I had a wonderful time!

Date: July 6, 2019 17:44

keefriff99
northof49
^ ^ ^

Ignore this rubbish.

Enjoy!
HMS is all about contrarian rhetoric.

Not at all.
But at the Wembley gig Jeff sounded very tired, bored and desinterested. I was surprised how poor he sounded compared to the studio versions of the songs. He never had much of a voice anyway, but being a brilliant producer he always knew how to make his voice sound good on studio recordings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 17:55 by HMS.

Date: July 6, 2019 18:43

Saw him and his band (HMS has a valid point) a couple of years ago at the beginning of this "comeback" tour at the Fonda Theater and a taping for the Jimmy Kimmel show.
Both shows were FANTASTIC, and I had the nostalgia trip of a lifetime (nowhere near as great as a nostalgic Stones show though), and he even played a couple of new tunes of his then new album. Keyboard player Richard Tandy was with them at the time as the only other original - not sure if he's still with them? Anyhow, since those shows I've had tickets to see them two more times...at the Hollywood Bowl a year or so ago, and for Anaheim just a couple of weeks ago. In both cases I had to bow out and wasn't able to make them, but figured not a big loss and will have fond memories from the two times I did. If you've never seen him/them, I'd recommend doing so even if you're just a casual fan of the hits...all those '70's tunes are so damn good, and Jeff Lynne is a genius!

Date: July 6, 2019 19:35

Hairball
Saw him and his band (HMS has a valid point) a couple of years ago at the beginning of this "comeback" tour at the Fonda Theater and a taping for the Jimmy Kimmel show.
Both shows were FANTASTIC, and I had the nostalgia trip of a lifetime (nowhere near as great as a nostalgic Stones show though), and he even played a couple of new tunes of his then new album. Keyboard player Richard Tandy was with them at the time as the only other original - not sure if he's still with them? Anyhow, since those shows I've had tickets to see them two more times...at the Hollywood Bowl a year or so ago, and for Anaheim just a couple of weeks ago. In both cases I had to bow out and wasn't able to make them, but figured not a big loss and will have fond memories from the two times I did. If you've never seen him/them, I'd recommend doing so even if you're just a casual fan of the hits...all those '70's tunes are so damn good, and Jeff Lynne is a genius!

they Do Handle with Care in concert - also Xanadu ( I likes Olivia N. John)

Date: July 6, 2019 23:15

Instead of the disappointing WembleyCD/DVD I would highly recommend "ELO Part II - One Night Live In Australia" recorded in 1995. No Jeff Lynne on this double-CD but a much more pleasing listening experience than Wembley.

discogs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home