Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ladies and Gents I give you COLUMBUS 2005
Date: September 29, 2005 22:48

I can hardly believe it. With your kindly advice guys i have a bit torrent show blasting from my pc!!!!

Well done drake. I.ll have a rum for you tonight!

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 29, 2005 23:43

Sorry to sound so dumb, but I still cannot get this to play. The "Sway" track from before downloaded and played just fine. Where can I get COLUMBUS 2005 in the same format as that one track. Mp3 I guess, or what is the best way to convert it to Mp3 ? I would appreciate any help.

Posted by: Sway65 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 00:06

Hey 'Out Of My Head', I feel every bit as dumb as you!! This stuff is all so confusing to me...is there someone following this thread who can help us Stones lovers who struggle with all this Azereus/Bittorrent stuff? I downloaded that Azereus thing, as well as the 'FLAC' plug-in...

Do you have to be on cable/ADSL (what they call 'Broadband'here in Australia) to do this thing? When I configuered the Azereus thingy, it asked what download speed I wanted, but it had ADSL next to all the choices- I only have 'dial-up') Anyway, I think I chose the one that said 'modem, with a speed of 40kb?? I seem to be downloading with this Azereus thing, but incredibly slowly- I've been downloading all night, just got up to check and I've downloaded something like 15% !! When I've downloaded the whole lot (which will be way into next century!!), how do I burn onto Nero? (I have Nero express) Do I open up the zip file and 'drag and drop' the tracks one-by-one into Nero? What is a Nero plug-in anyway?? And what's all that 'seeding rank' stuff??

If there is anybody reading this who has not been driven insane by my lack of know-how, would you be so kind as to help myself and my fellow stugglers? Please, please, please make it as SIMPLE as possible! I'm really pleased that people love the show, but it really is hard hearing how much fun it all is, and how great the show is, when you can't join in!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-30 00:33 by Sway65.

Posted by: chatperdu67 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 00:33

just two words from France : MERCI BEAUCOUP!great work.
stonely yours!

Chat Perdu

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 30, 2005 00:39

like that shes so cold ,,it was nothin like that in hartford ,,they botched it up there

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 01:16

i've downloaded nero,nero plugin, and arzureus and still can't get them to open....i'm missing something here too....any help is appreciated......thx, jon

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 30, 2005 01:20

Drake,
Thanks for taking a couple of days to tweak the sound and create one of the two or three best recordings from the tour so far!smiling smiley))

Posted by: turd ()
Date: September 30, 2005 01:55

I'm now downloaded, up and running and on cd. Its the Stones 'live', as rough as old boots and raw - better than sex (maybe) (certainly with my mother in law at least) - but yet again, thanks Drake, many many thanks.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: September 30, 2005 02:02

maybe someone can make mp3s of the files?

Posted by: turd ()
Date: September 30, 2005 02:13

Its not too hard, I had never done it before. Download the 'Bit-Torrent' software first, then go to Drakes link click on the Columbus file and download - (its automatic) but it takes all day or more.
Download 'Flac Frontend' (found on your search engine), place the 'Flac' files you just downloaded into the 'Flac Frontend' window and click on 'decode'. This converts it into mp3 files.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 30, 2005 02:14

anybody out there wanna sell me a copy?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 30, 2005 02:20

Drake,
Thanks a @#$%& lot!
If we ever meet - drinks are on me.
I'm in Germany btw, might be coming back to NYC in Jan.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 30, 2005 04:13

I'm glad you all dig it! If any of you have trouble getting the file via torrent just drop me an email and I'll be glad to help you get real discs of it. I DESPISE MP3. If you want to hear this recording, atleast hear it in decent quality.
take care
drakehatfield@gmail.com

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 30, 2005 04:48

I made an easy torrent guide at Stonesvikings, just click guide, and then you´ll learn how to use Azureus and FLAC Frontend.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: September 30, 2005 06:14

For Nero users, place your FLAC plugin in your Nero/Ahead Plugin folder......depending on your operating system it will go something like this:

For XP users: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins\
For Windows 98 users I think it's something like : C:\Program Files\\Ahead\Nero\AudioPlugins\

You must have your plugin for FLAC in your Nero Plugin folder for Nero to convert "on-the-fly" !

Hope this helps....

Esky

Posted by: jfmiii21 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 08:29

Drake, thanks so much!!! Recording is awesome! Do you know when you're going to post Nashville 02? I was there and the recording I have is pretty weak. Thanks so much!!

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: September 30, 2005 09:04

>Hey 'Out Of My Head', I feel every bit as dumb as you!! This stuff is all so >confusing to me...is there someone following this thread who can help us Stones >lovers who struggle with all this Azereus/Bittorrent stuff? I downloaded that >Azereus thing, as well as the 'FLAC' plug-in...

Hey guys, did you ever heard of google? Shouldn't be so difficult today to just type in FLAC, bittorrent or whatever you need help in and have a read on it...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2005 10:50

for people who can't download it, sign-ups for a tree of the CD version of the show are now in progress on shidoobee (with Drake's kind permission, of course!):
[p081.ezboard.com]
right now there's plenty of room, especially for Europeanand S/Cental American leaves ... and we could really use a branch in Australasia (especially one who can download the show).

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-30 13:16 by with sssoul.

Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: September 30, 2005 12:44

FINALLY!!!!!!
I converted all the FLAC into wav files then into mp3...Still really good quality..
All the songs are brilliant...i like the mess up on brown sugar...classic classic.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 30, 2005 15:34

finally my download is finished. great work drake really.
thx for this best boot of the tour so far !!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 1, 2005 01:58

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> for people who can't download it, sign-ups for a
> tree of the CD version of the show are now in
> progress on shidoobee (with Drake's kind
> permission, of course!):
>
> right now there's plenty of room, especially for
> Europeanand S/Cental American leaves ... and we
> could really use a branch in Australasia
> (especially one who can download the show).

If anyone cant download it they can just drop me an email and I can mail them direct cd masters. But the cd tree is fine ofcourse.

BTW, I dont mind rockpassion putting out mp3s of the show but thats the only place I really want the mp3s going. I DESPISE mp3s and would hate to have people hearing shitty mp3s instead of a real cd or flac/wav of the recording.

(I posted in another thread, but I will probably release a remixed version of this sometime down the road. Maybe in a month, maybe in a few years when the buzz has died down, but for now I think its presentable as is. Atleast you get to laugh at me on the phone with my dad... "They played Sway! They played Sway!" or "Hold my jacket... bathroom" My buddy wore my jacket while I went to empty my two wiskey sours and the rounds of brews bought by my buddies that night. Jacket went back to me after Infamy.)

As a last word, I'm seriously glad everyone is enjoying this, and if I ever go to another gig on this tour, rest assured I'll bring back another decent recording. And in about a week you can expect to see a torrent floating around of Nashville 02 which is of far superior quality to most every boot I've heard of the Licks tour. Will let you know when thats available. Will only be using the rocksoff torrent tracker though. Dimeadozen somehow messedup with my torrent while rocksoff worked flawlessly!

take care
Drake
AIM: Route66SM (no, I am not affiliated with Sister Morphine, but sometime ask me about "Mick Trenton")
drakehatfield@gmail.com

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 1, 2005 02:08

Shes so Cold is the highlite on there for me,,this kills the 81 versions,,,1 of the best ever IMO ,,charlie & the guitars r rippin ,,Jaggers ending very cool 2,,,,im hopin for a perfect SBD of Cold from this tour

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 1, 2005 02:19

oh drake love your cake boots only boots i likaaaaaaaa

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 1, 2005 06:05

i am tryng to download this for hours pleas help

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 1, 2005 08:55

how do i download it

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home