Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Cuba - apart from the show
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 11, 2018 17:50

Read somewhere the Stones had an agreement with the Cuban authorities to stay 24 h max in the country

Fact is I could find not anything regarding the stay of the band in Cuba, even it was very short.

I believe they flew from Florida, in a small plane (what about the other musicians and crew?)

Did they fly and return the same day, no hotel to avoid contact with the public?

Re: Stones in Cuba
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 11, 2018 18:13

Band arrived on March 24, the day before the Havana show.

Getty

Re: Stones in Cuba - apart from the show
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 11, 2018 22:10

Does Charlie ever wear dark glasses?
Why do Ronnie and Keith seem to wear them so much?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 11, 2018 22:17

….. In …. Do the damage …. Out again ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: July 11, 2018 23:56

They had a band party at La Casa de Musica, a club not far from where I was staying at a home. My driver said that a local club, the one above, was where Mick had been before and he might be there. I walked to the club that evening, and asked if I could go in. I was told it was closed for a private party. Hmmm. this could be a real deal. There was one car of police across the street and a few people outside the club. Over period of hours more and more security and a few bystanders arrived. I asked if I could go in later but the lady with the list said no. (I expected that, but if you don't ask....)

I hung out for a few hours and saw many of the band members come in the front and side door. By the time I left I was the last non Cuban and the music was going strong. There were a few pictures on the net, I think on IORR also, that showed them having a great time inside that night.

So close, yet so far.....

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 12, 2018 04:57

jlowe
Does Charlie ever wear dark glasses?
Why do Ronnie and Keith seem to wear them so much?

I hope you are not serious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2085
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home