Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Toronto set list
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 08:48

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Dead Flowers
8. Bitch
9. Night Time Is The Right Time
Band Intros
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You - B stage
13. ONNYA - B stage
14. Satisfaction - B stage
15. Honky Tonk Women - B stage
16. Out Of Control
17. SFTD
18. Brown Sugar
19. JJF
20. YCAGWYW
21. IORR

Sorry people, no Sway.sad smiley

Now I'm going to bed to recover from this splitting headache. Night all. smiling smiley

Re: Toronto set list
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 27, 2005 10:45

Thanx Jason;
I do see forward to a semi-sorted out report
or sort-of review after you have your good night
sleep after this hard days night´s Sway-less but
Bitch-, Ruby- & Dead Flowers-spiced live experience.
- Were the boys full of energy, or... ?

Posted by: sater ()
Date: September 27, 2005 10:50

dead flowerssmiling smiley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and ruby tuesday!!!!!!!!smiling smileyGreat set list!!!

Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: September 27, 2005 11:53

What kind of guitar was used by Keith on Ruby Tuesday?

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 27, 2005 13:43

Lot's of fun. The boys went over
very well with a Toronto crowd of
over 40,000. Review to follow.
Darn work thing gets in the
way......Summer Stones
holiday is over!

Date: September 27, 2005 14:56

nmaillot - I think Keith used an acoustic one on Ruby but once again spent a lot of time posing with the damn thing rather then playing it! lolsmiling smiley

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:07

nmaillot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of guitar was used by Keith on Ruby
> Tuesday?

Yeah Accoustic nylon. Don't know the brand...

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:15

Figures, first Toronto show I miss in a long time and they play dead flowers, one of my faves and also out of control, which is also great live. Are we not getting an arena gig in the new year?

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:36

I just sent my review in, but I must say the show was a good one. The show lacked a little something until Dead Flowers, not sure what it was, just some kind of energy. But Mick really sang well on Dead Flowers and from then on the show was really high quality.

Im not a Ronnie Hater, but he did botch every solo for the first 6 songs. Keith didn't really move around until Satisfaction.

Overall, a wicked show. Ask any about any questions you might have,

Date: September 27, 2005 16:40

Dead Flowers is cool
That should take the place of Back Of My HAnd
i was hoping Night Time was gone

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:44

Since 89 Keith will play that Nylon string Accoustic on RT. I like the way he plays it. It really cuts through soundwise. He plays it very percussive.

Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:48

Is it the guitar he has on this photo ?:
[www.sadowsky.com]

It is made by Roger Sadowsky. It sounds so good

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:49

Right, get rid of ALL the new songs!! And then complain that they only play war horses.

Date: September 27, 2005 17:04

nmaillot Wrote:
> > Is it the guitar he has on this photo ?:
>
>
> It is made by Roger Sadowsky. It sounds so good
>
>
>
>
>
Not that one, the one he used has the shape of a hollow body classical guitar.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:16

Good setlist, but it is sad that Keith can apparently only remember the words to two songs anymore, even with the use of a teleprompter.

Date: September 27, 2005 17:17

I like JJF after Brown Sugar.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:21

I must agree, the first part of the show was wierd cant put my finger on it. BUT after Dead Flowers...wow! Then Bitch and I was soooo excited cause I thought the setlist I saw from a reporter was coming true. Gimmie Shelter for me is a must.. but it was not to pass. Anyway, really good show. Good setlist for a stadium... now I have to wait for Philly and I bet we get Gimmie Shelter. I love Lisa singing on the tribute song but......

Date: September 27, 2005 17:35

Okay, here's my little review of last night's show in Toronto. First off, I'd just like to say that Beck, who opened for them, was simply amazing! I've never really cared for his music in the past, but he really opened my ears to some really quirky and amazing songs. Needless to say, I have a new-found respect for him both as a musician and a performer!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, your fantastic, fabulous Rolling Stones -

They opened with SMU and really kicked off the evening with a bang! It seemed to me though that Keith screwed up in the song somewhere and then just smiled and laughed it off. Ronnie was DEFINITELY in the mix! As was Charlie with his percussive assault on the drums. Rough Justice came across as how it should be - filthy, disgusting, raunchy type of rock 'n' roll. What an awesome tune! Ruby Tuesday and Dead Flowers were both welcome additions to the show especially with Mick strapping on the guitar for DF. Bitch was a bit stretched out to me. I think Jagger flubbed up somewhere in the middle of the song before getting to the "hey, hey, hey" part at the end. But he still came through like the professional that he is. Night Time was pretty good. Especially when Lisa Fischer starting singing! That woman's got lungs!! And as expected, our beloved Mr. Richards did his usual 2 songs - The Worst and Infamy. I thought that he posed too much during The Worst. He really has to stop doing that. If I'm not mistaken, back-up singer Blondie Chaplin was playing some guitar on that one too! Mick comes back out, straps on a guitar and the band launches into Miss You - complete with moving stage! As the B stage settled into the audience, the boys carried on with ONNYA, a rousing rendition of Satisfaction (which even had me out of my seat lol) and HTW. During HTW, a gigantic flowery tongue emerged from the middle of the main stage. Kinda cool. Out Of Control was back in the set list as the boys made their way back to the main stage. Very nice version of this song. Nice frantic singing on Mick's part. Now we're into the home stretch starting with Sympathy For The Devil. I like the way it's being played now since the Ottawa mishap. Kinda funky in a way. Keith's guitar solos in this song weren't too shabby either! And as predicted, the next 4 tunes were Brown Sugar, JJF, YCAGWYW and IORR. All in all, a very decent performance by the Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band in the World.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-27 17:42 by Stones89.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:43

Great report/review, Jason!!
Its good that you can have the scrutinizing glasses on too.
...Did you catch any sleep at all?
And will you see them again?
Maybe come and join the Party of the Millenium
when they hit Göteborg?

Thanks millions for the review!

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:54

Ron was in the mix for sure.

I think keith messed up the opening chords of start me up, no big deal.

Also, in tumbling dice, mick stopped singing for a second, i think he chocked or something.

Date: September 27, 2005 18:01

Thank you kindly Baboon! I don't really try to ever scrutinize somebody, but if I notice a mistake that they've made, then I'll make them aware of it. I must admit I'm not exactly good at reviews but hey, I just wrote down what I saw and heard at that concert last night. I have to say, watching the end of the show last night was like watching your favourite movie for the 10th time - you know how it's going to end! And that's not always a good thing. It's too predictable imo. Then again, it would've been a fresh ending if I hadn't read so many of the concert reviews on this board. lolsmiling smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 27, 2005 18:05

is it just me or is anyone else just plain annoyed that the Stones feel they must give Lisa a spotlight in the show? I've never found her to be a "plus" as a lead vocalist....she's a shreiker, and an average one at that. Keep her in the background, fine....

Date: September 27, 2005 20:29

T&A Wrote:
> is it just me or is anyone else just plain annoyed
> that the Stones feel they must give Lisa a
> spotlight in the show? I've never found her to be
> a "plus" as a lead vocalist....she's a shreiker,
> and an average one at that. Keep her in the
> background, fine....

I like her a lot, I think she's doing a great job.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 27, 2005 20:33

With dead Flowers being played, all 14 songs from the Toronto warm up concert have now been played in regular tour shows, bring the total up to 36 different songs played on the tour.

I'm assuming Sway is going to only be played in arenas, similar to how Can't You Hear Me Knocking was primarily an arena song. Maybe it will pop up again in Washington.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home