Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mathijs the "basher"
Posted by: millerman ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:27

Actually ev'rytime he comes with some critic it makes me laugh. Critics are absolutely fine and necessary at some point. But the way "overwhelming critic" is almost pathetic. I mean, come on,....he's just another poor wannabe Taylor. If he's so damn good, why waste the talent in a tribute band?? (ok, maybe they've split now).

Just my opinion:-)

Re: Mathijs the "basher"
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:35

Come on. Sometimes he has a point.
Let's not bash further this time.

Date: September 26, 2005 19:38

We need to bash sometimes, keeps up the spirit

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:43

Well I think it comes down to heart. The some of the critics of Sway where so different from where its at for me. Ragged but right? I was at the show and when they played Sway it reeked of heart daring and skill. A band that has nothing to prove laying it on the line. With what alot have us have been thrue addictions wrong turns ect. To end up at that moment dancing in a pool of sweaty joyous tears well I guess you had to be there? The proof of how absoluty perfectly they played Sway was the All down the line that followed. It was the Bigger Bang. Every wrong note was in perfect harmony with the universe.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:46

> But the way "overwhelming critic" is almost pathetic.

That's not a sentence. If you want people to know what you mean, check your posts.

I have a feeling you have to re-read Mathijs' critics, because you seem to have missed a few. His critic on ABB was rather positive and certainly not bashing.

Furthermore he does NOT appear to be a Taylorist, as he seems to prefer the late seventies Some Girls period, and thereabout. MT was gone by then.

Keep in mind the fact that writing is a personalised matter, as is music. The way you sound depends on your character and expression. Regardless of the fact you think Mathijs is right or wrong, you should know his tone as being exaggerating. Stressing the irony of a situation, as in sarcasm, appears to be his way. Fine with me.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:52

Come on, everybody has the right to bash every now and again. I think a lot of people here, including me, have high expectations of the stones so sometimes a performance is below your expectations. As longs as someone is honest in there "bashing" i have no problem with and it only contributes to the forum. He's posting here when he likes a record or a concert and when he doesn't, so that's an honest critic!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: September 26, 2005 19:57

I think it's sad to call names on this forum. You are a loser. Sorry.

Date: September 26, 2005 20:10

Well, maybe Limbostone and Mr Wolter should read my post one more time and maybe they understand what I mean?? Call names?? Give me a break.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 26, 2005 20:15

so everytime woody does a two note solo we all are to look the other way.
It does not work like that I would be fired in a heartbeat at work if my work
became average . what have you done for me lately attitude here in the USA.
In Europe some countries let you take off a whole month for vacation here
that could not happen

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: September 26, 2005 20:17

It is always good to read Mathijs' reviews. He has his opinion and says it loud and clear (typical Dutch). And who else gets always more than over hundred responses???

Sjouke

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 26, 2005 20:17

watch his solo from the paris show on worried about you from the licks DVD
thats all he can do in a small venue, that was the theatre show.

Date: September 26, 2005 20:27

i miss the Chuck bashers

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 26, 2005 20:32

Ithink anyone can have any opinion they want. It doesn't matter where they are coming from. Many people here post their opinions and then back them up with why they feel the way that they do. Bashing is fine as is praising. I beleive that tghe "Tell Me" part of this web site is for dispensing information and opinions on the Stones and sometimes other topics but not to bash people fot their opinions.

I do think it's wrong to personalize these things with statements like "I mean, come on,....he's just another poor wannabe Taylor. If he's so damn good, why waste the talent in a tribute band?? (ok, maybe they've split now). "

I mean if you are going to insult a person, don;t be a coward.... do to their face vs. hiding behind your computer.

Keep in touch though, We love hearing from you!

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 26, 2005 21:25

The only bashers here are the ones who attack others personally, just because they have an outspoken opinion.

I like reading critics, everybody's opinion about the Stones. It makes my eyes wide open! And all those critics is just a personal opinion. But there is no reason to yell and bash another on this board because you disagree or something.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: September 26, 2005 21:30

To be honest I prefer Mathijs critics than your bashing users shit. Seems you have a problem with your personality, no?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 26, 2005 21:52

"Opinions are like as*holes, everybody got one, and they stink" Dirty Harry

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 26, 2005 21:59

Well, maybe I used a couple of sentences that wasn't very good, sorry for that.
But Mathijs as a guitar player, that's what I mean. Because I have seen him play and listen to a lot of the stuff they had for download on their web-site, and I mean that he is an excellent guitar player that could go much futher than a tribute band. And what I say about the critic, is that I mean it sounds like he sometimes overdo it just do get a lot of reaction, but then again....I maybe take it the wrong way.

Anyway, sorry if this was insulting you Mathijs, that wasn't the meaning with it.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home