Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Columbus Bootleg
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: September 26, 2005 01:42

Is rockpassion going to have the columbus bootleg?

just curious.

Re: Columbus Bootleg
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 26, 2005 07:36

drake is workin on it.
he will release it soon.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: September 26, 2005 07:50

I hope to get it cos the quality is high.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: September 26, 2005 07:58

please upload it to dimeadozen!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 26, 2005 08:13

I promise it will be released. Be patient though. I'm an audiophile in the purest form. I run a recording studio in downtown Louisville, KY. If you get bored while waiting for the Columbus recording go to [www.717studios.com] and checkout the audio video section. There's a band there called the Alexander that I recomend you give a listen. That recording was done at a rare show at the studio. Only 8 inputs...
1. kick - drums
2. snare - drums
3. overheads - drums
4. bass
5. guitarL
6. guitarR
7. synths/mixer
8. vox

BTW, as a big thankyou to everyone who's offering trades I'm finally going to release my recording of Nashville from Licks. Its the best sounding bootleg of the Licks tour and I've never put it out.

Drake
aim: Route66SM
email: drakehatfield@gmail.com

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: September 26, 2005 08:38

Drake,
are you ok to trade for this one or will you just put it on DAD ?
J-P

Date: September 26, 2005 08:50

I would like to trade to be honest. Havent really decided yet. I'll probably take a day or two to edit the whole thing, mix it down, throw a compressor/limiter on it, and master it. (there's some incriminating chatter I gotta get rid of... lol)

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: September 26, 2005 21:50

Hi Drake!
At first thanks for that fine recording! Sway is stunning! Any idea when and where you're going to release it? Will it be DaD?
I wonder which equipment you've used for the recording. Listen to my Syracuse 94, done with Sony Professional Tape recorder on Maxell MA Tapes, with Sony 909 Mic ("The Sun The Moon And The Stones" 2CD). I've got some even better recordings, later done with Sony Dat D7 and AIWA mic, especially Rotterdam 95, last show of the tour, better than any audience recording available from VL tour yet! Please let me know if you're interested! (Unfortunately I ain't got the technique to transfer my DAT lossless on PC to torrent my recordings myself).

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 26, 2005 21:53

Please put it up at DAD, so ít will be available for us all! smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 26, 2005 21:54

No DaD? Ah, c'mon drake.... trading is so passe....you need a shot of that instant gratification (ours)......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-26 21:55 by T&A.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 26, 2005 22:17

so let's offer the gallant Drake what he'd like from our trading lists
as thanks for him for putting the show up on DaD for us all.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: September 26, 2005 22:20

I´m in. Any wishes he has, we will provide.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: September 26, 2005 22:52

Since I was at the Nashville Lix show and it was great I would love a copy and have PLENTY to offer in trade.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 26, 2005 23:45

Ok, guys and gals, everybody give Drake anything and everything he wants so he will post this show on dimeadozen. Got a wishlist for us, Drake?

Date: September 27, 2005 07:29

I love you guys. Seriously. And I can dig this compromise. Before I go any further let me be very clear...

I DO NOT WANT ANY MONETARY COMPENSATION FOR ANY RECORDING I PUT OUT.

Tonight (Tuesday) I'm gonna take my gear down to my studio and mix the whole show down to a fine work of art. This includes the Beck set, some of the interesting chatter, etc... If you live anywhere near Louisville, KY and would like to come down and join me you're welcome to do so. I got some kickass speakers so you'll get to enjoy it in true form, and you'll walk out with 3 discs of master quality. Bring whatever "party favors" you'd like. Open invitation to anyone.

717studios.com located @
717 W Market Street
Louisville, KY
my cell: 502-609-9317
I'll be down there at 7pm.

Once I'm finished with the recording I will torrent it at dimeadozen along with my recording of the Nashville Licks show. Only a handful of people have heard that recording and in my opinion soundwise its the best boot of the Licks tour hands down. I'm allowed to boast, it really is that good.

I would be THRILLED to expand my collection and would consider any additions a blessing. Basically I have every release put out by Sister Morphine Records (you know the drill, most are remastered recordings, but fine ones at that) so all the Brussels, Leeds, 78 soundboards, I'm set on all of those. So really my collection is pretty small in comparison to most of yours. On top of that, my cd binder which held 200 discs (all boots) was stolen out of my car about a year ago along with a bunch of other valuable recording gear. A real shame. I doubt the theif had any clue just how valuable those 200 discs were. So really I dont even have most of my collection anymore. Ironically I still have the cases to everything.

Specific requests...
- Louisville 81 (this was my dad's first show and they played Down the Road Apiece)
- Columbus 99 (i have a recording of it but the bstage is almost inaudible)
- I want early versions of Neighbors from No Security (US leg)
- I want every version of Little Queenie from Bridges that I can get my hands on
- I want every version of Bye Bye Johnny I can get (aside from the Ladies and Gents version)

Aside from those requests I'd love to just get bombarded with studio outtakes, great live recordings from any tour, and any dvds you might be able to spare. I have Ladies and Gents (4 reel version) as well as LA Friday 75 on dvd, so aside from that I'd love to expand my collection.

So I guess thats it. Get with me if you'd like to come tonight. I'd enjoy the company. I'll handout my home address to anyone who wants to send anything my way.

Drake

AIM: Route66SM (i'm always on and available to chat into the wee ours of the morning)
email: drakehatfield@gmail.com
phone: 502-609-9317 (phone is best if you're coming tonight)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-27 08:02 by drake.

Date: September 27, 2005 08:18

yayy yayy yayy
way cool - thank you Drake!

- Keith

Date: September 27, 2005 08:25

I´ll get a little something for you, just give me your adress!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 27, 2005 08:26

Alright.So,how much is it going to set me back?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 27, 2005 08:31

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Specific requests...
> - I want early versions of Neighbors from No Security (US leg)

Do you mean Licks?

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 27, 2005 08:38

drake Wrote:
> Specific requests...
> - Louisville 81 (this was my dad's first show and
> they played Down the Road Apiece)
> - I want every version of Little Queenie from
> Bridges that I can get my hands on
> - I want every version of Bye Bye Johnny I can get
> (aside from the Ladies and Gents version)

What about if I'm gonna upload some of them on Dime? The 5 Amsterdam 1998 (Little Queenie) comes to my mind because of more or less good quality and I can also offer Louisville 1981 but the quality is not that good and as far as I remember it's not complete. I'd never seen Tucson 72 (the soundboard) on DaD - maybe this one too (for Bye Bye Johnny) ?

give me a hint with what to start with!

best, silkcut

Date: September 27, 2005 08:45

Theif - "Alright.So,how much is it going to set me back?"

Uhm, apparently nothing since I want no money whatsoever for my work. So I fail to understand your question. Explain!

erikjjf - yes I did mean Licks. sometimes my love of no security just overwhelms my line of thought...

Smith - upload whatever you feel like doing my friend. all of that sounds good. anything from Louisville 81 would be fantastic. my main reason for asking for that one is because my dad attended it and they performed Down the Road Apiece. infact, while Im making requests left n right, i'd love to hear EVERY version of Down the Road Apiece ever performed in 81. i have a few versions but i just cant get enough. same with Route 66 on no security, bye bye johnny in the 70s, little queenie through all the years, etc... etc...

my address (for anyone who feels compelled to mail me anything):
Drake Hatfield
6609 Falls Creek Road
Louisville KY 40241

once again, thanks for the wonderful trades n hookups. you wont be disappointed. and if i ever manage to get another ticket this tour i guarantee another fantastic recording. smiling smiley

take care
Drake

Date: September 27, 2005 08:49

Isn't that Kentucky '81 show about to be re-released?I think it is still going to be incomplete (around 17 songs) but,will supposedly have better sound.

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 27, 2005 09:14

drake Wrote:
> Smith - upload whatever you feel like doing my
> friend. all of that sounds good. anything from
> Louisville 81 would be fantastic. my main reason
> for asking for that one is because my dad attended
> it and they performed Down the Road Apiece.
> infact, while Im making requests left n right, i'd
> love to hear EVERY version of Down the Road Apiece
> ever performed in 81. i have a few versions but i
> just cant get enough. same with Route 66 on no
> security, bye bye johnny in the 70s, little
> queenie through all the years, etc... etc...

ok, then please keep your eyes open tonight (in about 14 hours in my time-zone) for Tucson '72 on DaD - it's not the best soundboard so far but it's better than many aud.recordings from that period:-)

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 27, 2005 18:13

way to go, drake, you rule!

Date: September 27, 2005 19:00

my offering's in the mail - sure hope it grooves you, Drake!

- Keith

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 27, 2005 21:03

Good work, Drake!

For those who may be bandwith challenged and prefer the old fashioned "snail mail" approach, I will be glad to make a limited number of copies (at no charge, of course) and mail the cds to those who will send a stamped/addressed mailer.

I usually limit this to about the first 10 requests. I will post details when the stuff is available.

Thanks again, Drake. It sounds like your recordings are superior to most. I, too, was at the Nashville show and the aud recording I have leaves a little to be desired! I would love to re-visit this show with better quality!

Ross

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2005 21:09

i wish

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 28, 2005 20:51

First of all, great job on the Sway recording Drake!!! Sounded awesome.

Secondly, having been to that show, I certainly want to download it when it's available. Anyone have any general tips on how to put it in a format I can burn to CD to listen to in any CD player? I'm a bit new to this...

This was my first (of only 2) shows of the tour, and it was a great one that I would love a souvineer like this of!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home