Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: The Rolling Stones Dublin Rehearsal May 2018
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:40

Get off my Cloud, Faraway eyes and Moonlight Mile! So nice to see these additions. Maybe some more surprises along the way.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:43

When you didn't hear " this is the end of the stadiumtour"
grinning smiley [youtu.be]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:07

Hmm... OK. How?
i guess they just did walk in winking smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:12

Many thanks for being a fly on the (outside) wall, 1962!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:43

Some fans at rehearsel today with Darryl

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:45

Lien

[www.instagram.com]
You go, bv!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:46

Lien

[www.instagram.com]

Our man is EVERYWHERE!
thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:56

Lien

This scene was also captured by Suzie's Periscope-Stream (Pos. 1h:27m) - [iorr.org] .

[www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 16, 2018 00:38

Hate To See You Go,GOOMC, Slipping Away and Neighbors you can scrap.There are
a TON of other choices that have never been played before that wwuld be nice to hear.
That is my opinion.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 16, 2018 00:40

Mrs Plexi (see above Instagram foto, woman on far left with black coat, black hat, sunglasses and pink phone) and me were at the rehearsal outside gathering for three and a half hours today, and it was grand! I have never been at a sound check before, let alone a rehearsal of over half a show's worth of songs.

Had a chance to mix with fans from Argentina, Sweden, the USA, Ireland and more, including our own Bjornulf with whom I visited for like 20 minutes. You know, something about him struck me today that I hadn't seen in the past about him (and I should say that though I hadn't seen him for 11 years, he remembered me, saying "plexi, Tim?")...that for all the shows he has seen, all the time he has spent administering IORR, travelled all over the globe, the man is still just basically a fan,... he has never tired of it nor got to the point where it was all 'been there, done that'. He still loves and pursues his heroes and it is all encompassing -- there he was taking pics, waving at Mick as he drove by, engaging with half a dozen fans who had this same love and fanaticism (well, probably not, he is in a category of his own there), more. I fear the day he ever would tire of it all and what would become of IORR and us, the IORRians. And he is very down to earth.

Appreciate the Stones, and appreciate BV for his years of unending devotion and his one-man cause of bringing the Stones to the fans and the fans to the Stones. You will never see another band like this, nor another fan like this. Enough said.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 00:41 by timbernardis.

Date: May 16, 2018 00:58

Great report, plexi!

Looked like a blast. Was watching it via Suzie's feed (did you meet?)
Was a big surprise when Daryl came walking up.. great rehearsal to be at!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2018 01:04

timbernardis
Mrs Plexi (see above Instagram foto, woman on far left with black coat, black hat, sunglasses and pink phone) and me were at the rehearsal outside gathering for three and a half hours today, and it was grand! I have never been at a sound check before, let alone a rehearsal of over half a show's worth of songs.

Had a chance to mix with fans from Argentina, Sweden, the USA, Ireland and more, including our own Bjornulf with whom I visited for like 20 minutes. You know, something about him struck me today that I hadn't seen in the past about him (and I should say that though I hadn't seen him for 11 years, he remembered me, saying "plexi, Tim?")...that for all the shows he has seen, all the time he has spent administering IORR, travelled all over the globe, the man is still just basically a fan,... he has never tired of it nor got to the point where it was all 'been there, done that'. He still loves and pursues his heroes and it is all encompassing -- there he was taking pics, waving at Mick as he drove by, engaging with half a dozen fans who had this same love and fanaticism (well, probably not, he is in a category of his own there), more. I fear the day he ever would tire of it all and what would become of IORR and us, the IORRians. And he is very down to earth.

Appreciate the Stones, and appreciate BV for his years of unending devotion and his one-man cause of bringing the Stones to the fans and the fans to the Stones. You will never see another band like this, nor another fan like this. Enough said.

plexi

thumbs up

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 16, 2018 01:14

just a few other notes -- it was exciting to be in the right place at the right time when Mick's car arrived and he waved at us through the half-down car window, as well seeing Ronnie on his way out, also through a half-down window and waving at us. And I swear I saw a white haired man in the second seat through the tinted windows of another vehicle whose form and bearing resembled that of Charlie. jimpietryga of this board was in the right place at the right time to capture a pic of Mick waving at us as his car drove by at a fast clip. Hopefully, he will post it here soon.

The Argentinians were a kick -- they displayed two different banners, raising one of them while standing on a tall base of a lamp post (or something like that) high above our little crowd until told to get off by security. Then they went across the street and raised the banner ALL THE WAY ACROSS the entrance to an alley way so that the Stones would see it as they drove out.

And I should note that I think some of them were inside the stadium BEFORE the rehearsal as that smaller but rectangular banner (the one which says Republica Stone on it and which u can c above in the pic behind Darryl) was outside where we were when we arrived about 25 minutes before the rehearsal started. There is a museum in Croke Park Stadium which includes a tour of the stadium if you want to take it and I surmise that that is the origin of those fotos posted earlier in this thread.

I won't really say anything about the songs as other folks have covered it quite well in this thread, except to say that it started off all warhorses, and I was beginning to fear we would hear nothing of the less-played/rarer tracks as had been played the day before, but we got our share in the last six (fully half of the total) numbers.`

I do love the warhorses, or most of them, and would be disappointed if they didn't play the core of the core in every show I see, but yes would like to see more rarely played tracks as well.

Maybe an addendum or a separate post may be made as I think of more things.

plexi

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 16, 2018 01:14

MisterDDDD
Great report, plexi!

Looked like a blast. Was watching it via Suzie's feed (did you meet?)
Was a big surprise when Daryl came walking up.. great rehearsal to be at!

Woah - really enjoyed the feed - even now when it's not live - it's so fantastic to be there agaion, thanks to the feeds ... Are we some lucky fans for almost 60 years OR WHAT???

As for the streaming: after my exerience in Düsseldorf last year, I really wonder if the feeds will be as good as they were with Suzy. In Düsseldorf I'm almost sure that they blocked 'em...

The Rolling Stones Dublin Rehearsal May 15, 2018
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 18:19

1. Sympathy
2. IORR
3.Tumbling Dice
4. Street Fighting Man

5. Honky Tonk Woman
6. Brown Sugar

7. Faraway Eyes
8. Moonlight Mile
9. Under My Thumb
10. Get Off Of My Cloud
11. Doom & Gloom
12. Sweet Virginia

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 00:42 by bv.

Re: 05.15.Dublin Rehearsal (right now!!!)
Date: May 15, 2018 18:25

5. Honky Tonk Woman

Date: May 15, 2018 18:25

Thanks again 1962!
Lovin Suzies feed.. [www.pscp.tv]

Date: May 15, 2018 18:31

6. Brown Sugar

Date: May 15, 2018 18:34

Thanks for the updates 1962. thumbs up

Hmmm...yesterday seems like a rarity filled club show compared to todays rehearsals.
Suppose they have to rehearse the warhorses, but maybe they should try out the "rarity" Neighbors again?
Or another "rare" blues cover?

There's still time for some surprises!

Date: May 15, 2018 18:39

7. Faraway Eyes

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 15, 2018 18:45

yeah faraway eyes ..... yeah thank you jesus thank you lord.
throw in beast of burden and shattered please. i thank you

Date: May 15, 2018 18:46

8. Moonlight Mile

Date: May 15, 2018 18:53

Moonlight Mile would be pleasant to hear in a massive stadium (as it was at San Diego 2015), and seeing they just played it for most US shows in 2015 shouldn't take much effort to rehearse.
Faraway Eyes would be fun to hear, but not sure how well it would work in such a large setting - might lose interest from some of the casual fans.

Re: 05.15.Tuesday Dublin Rehearsal (right now!!!)
Date: May 15, 2018 18:53

9.Under My Thumb

Re: 05.15.Tuesday Dublin Rehearsal (right now!!!)
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 15, 2018 18:56

1. Sympathy
2. IORR
3.Tumbling Dice
4. Street Fighting Man

5. Honky Tonk Woman
6. Brown Sugar

7. Faraway Eyes
8. Moonlight Mile

I hope that's something like the running order for Thursday.......if it is, a bit like Voodoo lounge where did a mini 'fast' set finishing with Satisfaction at about No. 8 and then some ballads for Mick to get his breath back......

Love to hear Faraway eyes live....

Re: 05.15.TUESDAY Dublin Rehearsal (right now!!!)
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:00

Faraway Eyes !!!!!
Excellent !!!!
Hope to get it in Marseille
hot smiley

Date: May 15, 2018 19:00

10. Get Off Of My Cloud

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:04

like I said yesterday – if the play 2/3 of that songs I'll be more than satisfied

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:05

Thank you, 1962! smileys with beer

Date: May 15, 2018 19:06

11.Doom & Gloom

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home