Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Selfridges
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 8, 2018 15:00

Will be selling Rolling Stones merchandise, shops located in London, Manchester and Birmingham.

Starting from the 14th May to June 3rd.

A bespoke Rolling Stones installation in their corner shop.

This installation will feature new brand new clothing and accessories, including exclusive collaborations and one-of-a-kind pieces.

Re: Selfridges
Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 8, 2018 15:16

Mick will be serving you in the clothing department and Keith will be working in
The Pharmacy area...lol
Ronnie and Charlie wil handing out leaflets as you enter the store.
It's only rock n roll but the items are expensive...

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 8, 2018 16:21

terry
Mick will be serving you in the clothing department and Keith will be working in
The Pharmacy area...lol
Ronnie and Charlie wil handing out leaflets as you enter the store.
It's only rock n roll but the items are expensive...

Smell like an OT campaign.

Hilarious Terry! Thanks for your comments putting this chain store promo post into the right corner.

dead.flowers

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 8, 2018 17:42

Hopefully they can produce some nice designs this year.

Nate

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 8, 2018 17:49

I haven't bought any Stones merchandise in 15 years though I've been to 15 more gigs since then with 11 more planned for the upcoming tour. The ticket plus the photos I take are enough of a souvenir for me. thumbs up

Re: Rolling Stones Merchandise - Selfridges Corner Shop
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 8, 2018 18:05

THE ROLLING STONES X SELFRIDGES: [www.RollingStones.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

Press reports - [www.Standard.co.uk] , [www.PressReader.com] , [www.LicensingCorner.com] , [www.TheRetailBulletin.com] :

A Rolling Stones pop-up shop is coming to Selfridges

"Rock enthusiasts will have the chance to buy Rolling Stones memorabilia while viewing Mick Jagger’s iconic stage outfits at a new pop-up shop.

The temporary boutique at Selfridges will sell new merchandise for the band’s upcoming No Filter tour and will feature a display of items worn by Mick Jagger.

The Oxford Street store’s Corner Shop installation, which will take over four front windows, will also let fans take a look at the Stones’ first ever vinyl box set as well as a chance to re-live the historic Havana Moon concert in Cuba, which will be played on screens and via in-store headphones.

Mat Vlasic, head of Bravado, the merchandise company which helped design the shop, said: 'Both the Stones and Selfridges are synonymous with shaping British culture and it has been an honour for Bravado to curate this unique and innovative immersive experience for their fans. We have created a dynamic retail space within Selfridges, filled with unique and bespoke items that fans will want to experience for themselves.'

Among items on display - but not for sale - will be Jagger’s iconic red ostrich feather jacket designed by L’Wren Scott, a full length red sequin coat designed by Dior for the Bigger Bang Tour, a Versace leopard print coat worn by the singer in Toronto in 1995 and a green oak leaf sequin jacket he wore at Glastonbury in 2013.

General merchandise for the tour opening at the London Stadium on 22 May, such as t-shirts, hoodies and jackets will be on sale and there will also be a kidswear collection.

The Rolling Stones @ Selfridges, The Oxford Street Corner Shop will be open from 14 May to 3 June with smaller collections also available in Selfridges stores in Birmingham, Manchester Exchange and Trafford."

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 8, 2018 19:33

Will pop in on the way back from work.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 8, 2018 19:40

Jewellery from Jade Jagger will be included

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 8, 2018 19:52

Wish the pop-up stores were going to around a little longer than June 3rd.
Arriving on the 5th for the Manchester show.. would like an up close look at the
iconic red ostrich feather jacket designed by L’Wren.. among other items.
Maybe they'll do more around Edinburgh, Twick etc.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 8, 2018 23:50

I used to work in Selfridges, in the flower shop. I encountered Frank Sinatra, Telly Savalas, and an IRA bomb.

I realize this is a bit irrelevant . . .

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 9, 2018 00:07

Aquamarine
I used to work in Selfridges, in the flower shop. I encountered Frank Sinatra, Telly Savalas, and an IRA bomb.

Not really interested in Frank or Telly, but tell us about the bomb ..........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 9, 2018 00:24

desertblues68
Will pop in on the way back from work.

Feel free to take pics and post please and thanks——

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 9, 2018 06:52

paulywaul
Aquamarine

Not really interested in Frank or Telly, but tell us about the bomb ..........

Left work as usual, went out for the evening and didn’t see the news, arrived the next morning to find Oxford St. cordoned off with police still everywhere because the IRA had thrown a bomb into the store at 9 p.m. the previous night. Glass and debris everywhere but nobody hurt. That was one of my three IRA bombs during those years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-09 06:53 by Aquamarine.

Date: May 9, 2018 17:02

Okay the 14th is next Monday.

I hope to see marketing for this sales event soon/ Monday the 14th.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: May 10, 2018 13:02

You can now sign up to the mailing list

[www.selfridges.com]
Selfridges
The Rolling Stones – sign up to shop!

To celebrate The Rolling Stones 2018 ‘No Filter’ UK tour, we're offering you the chance to shop exclusive merchandise, limited edition fashion collections from the likes of SSS World Corp and Levi's, plus collectable items inspired by the band members' favourite sports – from rugby shirts to cricket bats and even a pool table. The Selfridges Corner Shop takeover at Selfridges London will also feature exclusive art pieces and some of the band's most iconic stage outfits from the 1960s through to today,

The collections will be available at all Selfridges stores and here on selfridges.com from 14 May - 3 June.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 10, 2018 21:03

sounds interesting to my ear !
It changes from the classical teeshirt.
I hope the prices won't be to high.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 11, 2018 08:18

Aquamarine

It's more interesting to me than the original post - wow! (no offense, OP)

Date: May 12, 2018 21:11

My mother in law is in England unexpectedly
I swear she’s gonna come back
guess wot I saw in Selfridge store
yawning smiley
My luck she’ll have spotted her old pal ‘Michael’ to boot
Ha Ha
Let’s see the goods Selfridge ;-)

Date: May 13, 2018 19:13

I’ve got MIL guilt on Mother’s Day
My MIL has a generous heart and would probably try and buy me an item from Selfridge (I don’t want to add the ‘s)
Monday shopping?
I have a feeling it’s gonna be good stuff...
Also, yes, she claims to have ‘known Michael’ back in the day on his little scooter bike/ mopeds? IDK, but now it’s kinda wrecked my Nellcote scooter pic o Mick...
Anyway it’s a running joke about her ‘connections’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 19:15 by 35love.

Date: May 13, 2018 20:09

A few online now... not very impressive in design or prices imo.
Hopefully more coming..
Under "exclusives" [www.selfridges.com]

Date: May 13, 2018 23:33

MisterDDDD
A few online now... not very impressive in design or prices imo.
Hopefully more coming..
Under "exclusives" [www.selfridges.com]

Like the England football one.

But that rugby one at £125, crikey!

Date: May 13, 2018 23:50

odean73
Like the England football one.

But that rugby one at £125, crikey!
Agree.
Hoping for better designs at the stadiums.

"The Rolling Stones fans, hold your breath no longer. The band’s 2018 ‘No Filter’ tour – supported by the legendary Florence and The Machine no less – is nearly upon us. To mark the event, don this cotton-jersey T-shirt. Not only does it boast that iconic rock logo, ‘hot lips’, it’s styled with the English three lions to pay tribute to the many sporting venues where the band is performing this year. St. Mary’s, Twickenham stadium, Old Trafford – rock on.

Date: May 14, 2018 00:24

Cool thanks for the link thumbs up

Date: May 14, 2018 01:21

35love
Cool thanks for the link thumbs up

Only one shirt listed under Womens exclusives..
Like this one.. may grab one for my daughter if still around by time I arrive.

[www.selfridges.com]

Date: May 14, 2018 13:58

Wild horses couldn’t drag us away from this bespoke armchair, created to celebrate The Rolling Stones’s latest tour. Crafted by Muted Suit, it’s a piece of rock’n’roll history that features the band’s signatures and iconic tongue logo across its velvet upholstery. Set on a handmade oak frame built by master craftsmen in the UK, only ten of these vintage pieces exist in the world – each one numbered and certified.

Date: May 14, 2018 14:01

“And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking” – The Rolling Stones told us all that in the ’80s, now the band is inviting you to have a few games on this exclusive nine-foot pool table. Designed by world-famous British brand Riley, the Riley Ray is stamped with the Stones’ iconic red lips licking the playing surface, and comes with a pair of maple American cues. Rack up and get the balls rolling.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 14, 2018 14:08

MisterDDDD

Wild horses couldn’t drag us away from this bespoke armchair, created to celebrate The Rolling Stones’s latest tour. Crafted by Muted Suit, it’s a piece of rock’n’roll history that features the band’s signatures and iconic tongue logo across its velvet upholstery. Set on a handmade oak frame built by master craftsmen in the UK, only ten of these vintage pieces exist in the world – each one numbered and certified.

...10,000 quid a piece... Yeah!! smoking smiley

I quite like this one: ... (RS pool table)

Looks like a 'bargain', at 8,200 GB £ ... (I sincerely hope I don't need to post a sarcastic/ ironic looking smiley here, do I?)

Date: May 14, 2018 14:31

Can't imagine letting anyone sit in the chair with the signatures on it cool smiley
Very nice pool table, but again.. be nervous to let the kids/grandkids play..

More my budget.. cool little badge set- £6.00
Want one of these but display ending before I arrive.. hopefully still around.

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: May 14, 2018 15:54

I wanted the rugby ball.It's already out of stock

Date: May 14, 2018 16:27

ChrisG
I wanted the rugby ball.It's already out of stock

They had about 3 of the rugby ones in Birmingham this morning, but they all looked a small size.

There were 3 costumes in which the security guy informed me that they was worn by Mick Jagger, but there were no information regarding them.

The quality looked slightly better than normal and clothing did seem better in the flesh than online imho.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home