Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Your Missed Stones Opportunities That Would've Been A Good Memory
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 8, 2018 14:28

Reading some real hard luck stories..eye rolling smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 8, 2018 14:34

Cirkus Stockholm 2003, had the opportunity to buy a ticket on the black market for a reasonable amount of money, but didn´t.

Will never forgive myself.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 8, 2018 14:35

Turin, Italy, July 11-12 1982. Mum scared about media fuss on drugs and devil banned me from going with elder bro and his friends. I did not even know who they were at the time, just gotten curious from hype. Next day I went to tehe records shop and bought Still Life. That was the very beginning of my love for the band, never stopped since.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 8, 2018 14:37

georgie48
We actually visited Hanging Rock (and climbed it) during that March 2014 visit. We heard about its spooky image. Really worth visiting! Some famous acts (Springsteen f.i.) actually performed there ...

Very spooky place. The 60's film about the Valentine's Day 1900 mystery is more than good.

3 concerts per year are permitted there, and they are always big acts and they always sell out.

For the record I must note that on the day of the second cancelled Stones' concert we climbed the rock with another person here and bumped into someone fully dressed as Elvis.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 8, 2018 19:23

The canceled Vegas show last fall. One of my buddies was with me in Argentina but the other two guys are huge Stones fans who had (have) never seen the band. A brutal cancellation! One of the reasons I'm going to London is that I can't let a canceled Stones show be my 'last'

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 9, 2018 05:45

Charleston, SC 1978 - A friend of mine's dad ran the local auditorium, and the band reportedly approved the place to play, but the guy turned them down because he was afraid they'd tear the place up. So, Myrtle Beach got the gig.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2018 07:07

Gaetzi
The canceled Vegas show last fall. One of my buddies was with me in Argentina but the other two guys are huge Stones fans who had (have) never seen the band. A brutal cancellation! One of the reasons I'm going to London is that I can't let a canceled Stones show be my 'last'

Ouch...that cancelled show stung alot of people for a variety of reasons. And to think they didn't reschedule it, but instead went off to play a private show a few days later raking in millions.
Have a great time in London and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! thumbs up

As for missed Stones opportunities, can't really think of any. I've had a show (or maybe two ?) cancelled - one of the Amsterdam '03 shows comes to mind, but I was seeing multiple shows that tour so it wasn't a bother.
In fact, I was glad to get the refund! The show was rescheduled, but not until over a month later when I was already back in the States, so the refund option was great.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 9, 2018 09:52

2 opportunities:

- Wembley 99, i was 17 but i was not brave enough to go alone.
- Olympia 2003 : i was too afraid to not getting in so i didn't come but when i saw the set list...GRRR

But years later i had my revenge twice when the stones let us enter into the studio near Paris and we have 3 songs from olympia2003 set list : That's how strong my love is / worried about you / no expectations smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 10:11

Saw them at the Enmore Theatre "Licks" warm up gig in Sydney in 2003...I SAT on the physical edge of the stage at Keith's feet...

...I HAD tickets in the stands for the Sydney Superdome show 2 nights later, but woke up the night after the Enmore, told the wife NOTHING would beat last night so flew home that day, forgoing the Superdome show.

Now I DON'T regret that decision, sort of, as being as close as 2-15 feet away from your musical idols for an hour and a half in a sweaty little theatre COULD NOT be beat by a stadium show.

But as I am getting older, as are The Stones of course, I DO sort of think to myself sometimes that I should have taken the opportunity to see them at the Superdome just because they don't tour that often and it was sort of silly to forgo the chance...sort of...

Rod

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 9, 2018 10:57

Somewhere begin of this century I met MT on a local jamsession.
I shook hands with him and we talked for about 5 minutes.

My huge missed opportunity is that I didn't ask if I could drum a song while MT was on stage.... I was very close to playing with MT...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 11:17

Bashlets
being shut out of the Orpheum theater BOston 2002

What do you mean with "shut out"?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 10, 2018 01:17

Latest hardluck Stones missed opportunity story for 2018..

16 year old stowaway found in Rolling Stones truck at Croke Park..eye rolling smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: May 10, 2018 01:25

I live in LA, and had a trip planned with my brother for Europe 1998 but he had to bail. Had a Stones show Amsterdam July 1, world cup game June 27 Brazil-Chile, and formula 1 race Magny Cours June 28 planned. Obviously still eats at me, but oh well.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 10, 2018 01:55

HMN

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 10, 2018 03:15

I got three:
Missed Steel Wheels at the Vet in 89. I was three weeks away from starting college in philly, but had too much to do.

Forty licks - philly arena show. Had to leave in the middle of CYHMK because my wife was sick - with the flu. She tried to hang in but just couldn’t. Right after we walked out she said “go watch the rest I’ll wait in the car”. Security refused to let me back in.

The philly show where they played Under the Boardwalk. I could have gotten a $400 ticket. My wife told me to go. I decided the family would be better off leaving the money in the savings account so I skipped it. We all now know it was one of the best shows on that tour.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: May 10, 2018 06:30

seeing the stones play SHANGHAI

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home