Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Got Live If You Want It, West German London CD 1984
Date: March 19, 2018 14:01

Palace Revolution 2000
Jagger says only 4 cuts are Live? In my mind they all sound live, except the infamous two doctored songs. Maybe Jagger means that they have been fiddled with. still - probably less fixing up than 'Ya Yas'. The lead vocals may be overdubbed; Keith's vocals too. "Lady Jane" probably has a few Brian's on there.

It's been a while since I had a listen, but does Lady Jane sound live? If memory serves, there are dulcimers and acoustic guitars on it..

BTW, are there also several editions of Have You Seen Your Mother - LIVE, since we're at it? smiling smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 19, 2018 14:40

Palace Revolution 2000, exilestones, thank you for your kind words. As a matter of fact it was fun trying to put everything on the same page and sort the mess with those old West German pressings. Although the work is not finished yet.

Anyway, a special note for ebay buyers who are in the hunt for the 1st pressings - be careful if the seller's statement is 'ultra-rare first pressing'. In the most cases it is not true.

Date: March 21, 2018 04:54

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
Jagger says only 4 cuts are Live? In my mind they all sound live, except the infamous two doctored songs. Maybe Jagger means that they have been fiddled with. still - probably less fixing up than 'Ya Yas'. The lead vocals may be overdubbed; Keith's vocals too. "Lady Jane" probably has a few Brian's on there.

It's been a while since I had a listen, but does Lady Jane sound live? If memory serves, there are dulcimers and acoustic guitars on it..

BTW, are there also several editions of Have You Seen Your Mother - LIVE, since we're at it? smiling smiley

Yes Dandy, re. "Lady Jane" that's why I said "there may be a few Brians on there". But I just listened to it, and ...they did have the electric dulcimer, and there is the electric guitar, which is properly out of tune; Charlie sounds like he is doing live style fills; I don't hear acoustic guitars, and Jagger could possibly have lucked out with a decent monitor that night. Maybe there is more Live than we thought .
I just listened to the whole album, and I think Jagger must have been exagerating because he was thinking about those two obvious tracks; but other than that it sounds pretty live. I 'd be curious to hear other input. But "Last Time", "Cloud", "Breakdown" "Not Fade Away" all sound very live.

Date: March 21, 2018 08:49

Thanks, Palace thumbs up

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 20, 2018 13:11

It makes me want to check my mono 'Have You Seen Your Mother Baby' live to compare these notes.
What an interesting topic for the audio detectives

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home