Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Russian vinyl pressings
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 15, 2018 02:28

Rockman

I get ya drift Al .... BUT Green aint really me fave color .... and vertigo could spin me a lil' while driving ...
Actually, this one is a home-made. Not a real thing. It is based on Ukrainian ZAZ 969/LuAZ 969 with parts (cabin) from Ukrainian ZAZ 696 or 698 winking smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 15, 2018 03:27

Rockman
Hii Terry, it`s Elena.

How is the weather in your city?
As for us, we have a cold winter this year. I thought it would be warmer in December))

If i have some mistakes in my mail, please don`t be too strict to me.
I have never had an experience in correspondence with a man in the internet.
I am speaking from my heart and I am honest with you that I am really looking for a true love and serious relations.

Ok... Elena - it`s my real name. Nice to meet you;-)))) Terry, is this your real name?
If yes, your name is beautifulwinking smiley Probably it is a compliment :`)))))))

Well, I live alone in my Mom`s appartment.
I`m working as the dentist. I have never been married and I have no children.
I like to do different kinds of sport: swimming, aerobics and running.
I think that every person should keep fit and be in a good shape.
I visit the gym two times a week. (Tuesday and thursday).
By the way. Today I should go on gym)))
I hold my body in the healthy form. Write me Terry. Do you do sports in your life now?

I like to travel. I visited Georgia (This is south of Russia, it's not the State of Georgia in the US).
I traveled east of France to the city of Annecy.
With friend Marina we went to Thailand.
I'll try to send some photos from my travels. If I can find these photos winking smiley)

Tell me about something interesting, you like to do.
May be it will be your hobby and interests?
Where do you live now? Tell me as much as possible about yourself.
I have sent you my picture. I hope you`ll like it ;-)) I`ll be waiting for your email and more your photos ;-)))))

Take care

Warmest regards Elena.

Russian --- internet love letter ....

Go on Rockee, just tell her how it is.

weather is high and dry but it sure's been a cold, cold winter
the wind ain't been blowin' from the south.
Decembers Children hope it's gonna be a long, hot summer

by mistake I sent some dead flowers by the mail. U.S. mail that is.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Elena, can I lean on you?
I live on the Appartment on 99th floor..

yadda yadda... keep on typing

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 15, 2018 03:36

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 20:50 by Rockman.

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: March 15, 2018 07:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-28 17:05 by NathanLaze.

Date: March 17, 2018 11:24

btw... Soviet sheet music for guitar, released 1983 in Kiev, Ukraine, a part of USSR way back then... one can see Mick Taylor on the front cover drinking smiley

Date: March 17, 2018 11:39

and these are the "mock" Rolling Stones from 1973 Soviet children' cartoon, "In the Wake of Bremen Musicians"

this is the cover of 10" vinyl sountrack to this film... it was very popular in USSR and sold over 5 000 0000 copies alone.

in the film ,this "band" plays two songs, no relation to Stones, but one can clearly distinguish Mick Jagger's intonations.. and the Donkey is pure Mick, please take a look:

video: [youtu.be]

Date: March 17, 2018 11:43

interesting coincidence that at the time of this film being put out, there were strong rumours that the Stones might visit Russia

NME, 8th Sept. 1973

Date: March 17, 2018 12:22

and this is the first major, but little- known Stones connection to Russia...

Andrew Oldham's liner notes to The Rolling Stones, Now! LP... He uses the word "hip malchicks who prance the street" and "ask the malcheck plebbies"

in Russian language, "malchick" means "a little boy" winking smiley

Date: March 17, 2018 12:27

this is a page fromthe book: Rolling Stones, An Unauthorized Biography... by David Dalton, 1972. The bold letters read

Loog, a little boy, a little story

Note that in Russian "loog" means "meadow"

Date: March 17, 2018 12:36

ever wonder where does Giorgio Gomelski's surame coming from ???

GOMEL -- a city in Belarus, formerly ex-USSR, second big town in population of this country, southwest from Minsk

Date: March 17, 2018 12:48

this is an entry from the book: "The Rolling Stones A-Z", by Sue Weiner & Lisa Howard, c. 1982

can't comment much on this, as now it is commonly believed that these Soviet ep's from 1974-75 (see above) were most likely counterfeit...

and this is a picture of Soviet ep (lower right) in David Dalton's book "The Rolling Stones: the first 20 years" (1982):

also have in mind that the USSR state label's name was "Melodiya",,, and in 1976, the Stones recorded their song "Melody" smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 17, 2018 15:55

a great rarity, actually... ticket stub of St. Petersburg show originally intended on 13th June 2006 at Kirov Stadium but postponed until 2007 and held on Palace Square instead.

Date: March 17, 2018 16:06

and this is a picture of Slavonic pagan cowgod, Biozuni... seems a less distant relative to an actual "lapping tongue" than Indian goddess Kali, ugh ?tongue sticking out smiley

photo taken from Soviet book, "Third Belt of Wisdom (The Brilliance of Pagan Europe)" by Alexander Snisarenko

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 17, 2018 18:10

padre69
Just found a Russian pressing of Sticky Fingers. From 1992 and with their own jeans cover. That lead me to check what other Stones albums the Russians have released on vinyl. Aside from a couple of 60’s compilations it seems only Let it bleed (1992) and IORR (1993) were made.
Good choises, but strange that Exile and Goats were skipped.

I got Sticky Fingers on russian vinyl as well, a great 180gr pressing smiling smiley))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 17, 2018 18:10

EP Melodyia 5289-73A Russia 1979

HMN

Date: March 17, 2018 19:28

Honestman

EP Melodyia 5289-73A Russia 1979

great one, but this picture sleeve is an obvious fake moody smiley

Date: March 18, 2018 11:18

this is the Stones-related LP released in USSR in 1984. Side A includes a famous Stones Medley by Stars On 45. On Side B, there is an instrumental track resembling too much of chorus to "We Love You"... in fact, they sing throughout this track, "We just love you, beautiful people".

And quite funnily, the cover bears absolutely No mention of The Stones... The Medley listed as "Rock'n'Rolls" (RnR in plural), and the lp title reads "Stars Of Discoteques" on both sides of the cover.So Soviet people just didn't know WHAT the songs they were buying smoking smiley

Again, this was a very popular release, i believe it sold over 1 000,000 in 80's USSR

Date: March 18, 2018 11:26

talking about diverse fakes... these are variations of "Steel Wheels" flexi (Terrifying/Hold On to Your Hat/ Blinded By Love) with fake picture sleeve that appear on ebay everytime and then... once again, the record itself was a part of soviet Krugozor audio magazine circa 1990 coming as a supplement to the article about the Stones

Date: March 18, 2018 11:30

and another variation of 1975 flexi, made by "Melodiya" Tbilisi plant (Georgia)

Date: March 18, 2018 12:03

everybody had seen this photo from the cover of RS magazine circa 2002 ??

seems that silver cross in Keef's hair is not another n*zist rattletrap, but the...

Order of St. Georgy, commonly known in czarist Russia... this is a "modification" that was being given to soldiers for "outstanding braveness in the battlefield",, as there were also Georgy's for officers, with golden streaks

at center of the cross, left, you can see St. Georgy's figurine as he was commonly depicted on ancient Russian orthodox icons, battling with a giant snake.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home