Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

To the beatle bashing, to the chart complaining and the setlist complaining
Posted by: chrisking ()
Date: September 22, 2005 10:12

Yet again being younger than most on this forum, i notice you old people get really mad at certain things. I made a recent post about how you can't compare ABB to anything from the stones great period. Like i said before there will never be a stickey fingers.

Chart: guess what its not #1 in the usa big deal. Its #1 in the world. That means its #1 to something bigger than the USA. thats something more important including since most bands from the usa never make it #1 worldwide, including at age 60.

Paul/Beatles Bashing: guess what? You think Paul is an @#$%&, SO IS JAGGER! i love the guy but lets face it the guy at times has been a @#$%& @#$%&. So if u think paul is an @#$%& and hate him for it, than you should hate the stones too.

Setlist/Tour: I want you to look at your fav. bands from when u were young. Lets say The Who or maybe even The Eagles. Now when was the last time they put out a new record? Thats right before i was @#$%& born! I love the who ive seen every tour since 99, but lets face it i hate the heres a new g.hits album and tour. Also the freaking eagles, how long have they been working on their new album what 10 years. Oh in that time 2 greatest hits albums plus 2 new songs THANKS GUYS! Don't get me started on any other classic rock band. Lets face it, the stones have the balls to come out and release new material. At least your getting new material every tour. The setlist may look the same with a few changes but i dont see anyone not buying tickets.

And finally............The Rolling Stones are #1 in the world, their tour will be #1 in the world, their new album isnt exile or stickey but its the Rolling @#$%& Stones and be happy they arent releasing another 40 licks 2 and a tour. Like Bowie, Dylan, Springsteen and even Paul they may not write like they did when u were 20 but they still have something to say. Yes they sell less albums than they did 20-25 years ago, but they still have a voice with people. Thats why ever time the stones, paul or Bruce tour they are #1 because we care to hear a new song but deep down inside when The Stones play satisfaction it brings people to a simpler time and younger years. Lets face it, there was a time before u had kids, paying bills and working when you heard brown sugar you were a lot more young and innocent

Re: To the beatle bashing, to the chart complaining and the setlist complaining
Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: September 22, 2005 11:00

You got a lot of good point there.
I agree with most of it.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 22, 2005 11:02

Cool kid.

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: September 22, 2005 11:16

chrisking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lets
> face it, there was a time before u had kids,
> paying bills and working when you heard brown
> sugar you were a lot more young and innocent

smiling smiley

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 22, 2005 12:18

Nice post chris.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 22, 2005 13:00

Very nice post, chrisking.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 22, 2005 13:49

I'm an older fan and I agree with you.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: September 22, 2005 14:20

hit the wrong thread again......sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-22 14:23 by turd.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: September 22, 2005 15:12

Man that is the best post i have read in a LONG time.

I am also a young fan (28) and agree with everything you said,
I have seen the stones and Macca as much as possible over that past few tours, and have loved every show. Ok, with both acts the setlist could always be "perfected" to one's own taste, but that will always be the case.

>
>
"it brings people to a simpler time and younger years. Lets face it, there was a time before u had kids, paying bills and working when you heard brown sugar you were a lot more young and innocent"

One of the best examples i ever saw of this effect is on Macca's 'back in the u.s' dvd. During 'all my loving' their is a clip of this middle-aged guy in the audience, short hair, and he has his hand over his mouth, crying, probably for the exact reason you stated chrisking. Whenever I see this I get a lump in my throat, i dunno, i'm not old enough to remember the 60's, but somehow when I see and hear macca it connects with me in a very emotional way.
With the stones it also connects with some emotion, but more of a raw, rock 'n' roll sense.

As chrisking says, we should just enjoy the various 'living legends' while we can, and be grateful that we can still go and watch them IF WE CHOOSE TO!! AND IF WE CHOOSE TO SPEND A LOT, IT'S OUR CHOICE !!

Any new material is a bonus. As i have written before on this board, every now and then, around the time of a new release from one of my 'greats' i have to take a step back and just think to myself - "Wow, i can't believe they are still doing it, still releasing/touring".

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 22, 2005 17:51

I agree Chris. Great post. And I'm young too. 23 (24 as of tomorrow!!!!!!!!).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:00

the beatles ....who the hell cares!!! they have not done a lbum in years.......Ringo of course used to be cool ..... NO NO NO NO I DONT SNIFF NO MORE>>>>>>>>>>>>da da da da da da

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:16

Very good post chrisking.I am 44 and I will never ever forget the first time in my life I have listened to a Stones song .It was HTW back in 1969.It's really changed my life.
I've bought ABB on the very first day of its release in France and since then I don't think I have listened to another CD.Driving too fast is blasting every morning in my car when I send my kid ( poor boy he would probably prefer some Disney'stuff..)to school on the way to the office.
I agree with Safar (another thread) ,my relationship with the Stones is the love story,an old couple.
I have had my mid life crisis with them during the 80's and then we 've patched up upon VL release.
I am looking forward to seing them next summer and if they play only warhorses,well bad luck but I'll still be thrilled

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home