Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Elliott Easton... great Mick Taylor clone
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: October 22, 2005 09:04

Ross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would make more sense for Ringo & Paul
> should tour as Beatles Revisited. Not only are
> they the rhythm section,they would have one
> original singer/songwriter!
>
>

And that would be one incredible tour, and probably a spine-tingling impressive rendition of what it would be like with the original Fab 4...

Still, of course, it wouldn't be the original fab four, but I wouldn't complain, wo0uld you ???

For the same token, that's why Creedence Clearwater Revisited is such an awesome band... granted, they're not the 100% original creedence, but they're enough of a portion of it that you get a very faithful rendition of the original thing...

And a Creedence fan will drive a long ways for an authentic CCR jones!

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 22, 2005 17:00

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
>
> And that would be one incredible tour, and
> probably a spine-tingling impressive rendition of
> what it would be like with the original Fab 4...

Um, I don't think so. The novelty of having Ringo there wouldn't add much. Paul's current drummer is better anyway. If they called it "Beatles Revisited" I would puke. And I think the Macca haters out there would come unglued! Would I go see it? Of course! Even though Lennon-less Beatles makes only a little more sense than Fogerty-less Creedence.

Why have we returned to this old, tired, off-topic thread?

Ross

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 22, 2005 17:14

Weird thread. There is too much of this capitalizing on past band names to get past the new-band-primaries. That is cheap. Many of these guys shouldn't worry about filling seats. Their reputaions are okay IMO. You git the "Doors" with no Jim Morrison or Densmore, but with Ian Astbury, Krieger and Manzarek. They could do fine w/o usurping the Doors name. Then the worst one is Queen w/ Ridgers in place of Freddie. That is no Queen! These last two sound silly: the Cars w/o Ocasek and the bassist. They were the Cars. Not that the Cars were ever anything to write home about. But Todd has way too much history of his own to have to resort to this. He is way more of a singer than Ocasek. I don't get that one.
And CCR...Saw Fogerty doing "Born on the Bayou" with one guitar and nothing else. And he rocked hard! That voice, man o man. Nobody with no Fogerty is CCR.
Velver Revolver did it right. New name and plenty of starpower. Too bad they left the respective songwriters of the two bands behind LOL. They brought the virtuosos, frontamn and rhythm section and forgot the writers...

Date: October 22, 2005 17:35

Very well put, Chelsea. I saw the Doors debacle at a music festival, it was laughable!

Is that Cars thing actually happening? I thought someone was kidding around posting that! What a joke that would be! Very beneath Todd, I guess he needs cash.

I agree about VR, that's how it should be done.

Ross

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 22, 2005 17:57

I totally agree. Why besmirch the name of a classic band? Just come up with a new name, and advertise the shows as "featuring so and so and so and so from _______." Fans of the original band would still attend, I would imagine.

Personally I'd like to see Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones form a band, record some new music, and tour doing the new stuff and Zeppelin tunes. It's not like they are doing anything else right now. As long as they don't call it Led Zeppelin. They could call it "Zoso" or something like that. It would be cool if they could get Chris Robinson to sing - he sounded great with Page in '99. He'd probably rather stick with the Crowes, but I'm sure they could find another good vocalist. And I bet Jason Bonham would be up for playing drums.

If Plant would join in they could call it "Page, Plant and Jones," but really Plant's new stuff is great and he should continue with it. All indications are he has no desire to ditch his new bandmates for his old ones.

You guys are right, this is a weird, off topic thread - it is causing me to ramble like an idiot!

Date: October 22, 2005 23:07

Ross Wrote:
> BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > And that would be one incredible tour, and
> > probably a spine-tingling impressive
> rendition of
> > what it would be like with the original Fab
> 4...
>
> Um, I don't think so. The novelty of having Ringo
> there wouldn't add much. Paul's current drummer
> is better anyway.

If you're talking about that huge guy bangin' the drums on Macca's last tour, he is so far behind Ringo it's not funny...

And what's the business about "better".... is Ringo not good enough drummer for you ? such a ridiculous comment.

Do you think someone can play original Beatles drumming better than the original drummer ??

If they called it "Beatles
> Revisited" I would puke.

Well I'm not hung-up on band names, perhaps the names of bands make you puke, takes alot more for me...

But call them whatever you want, it's not a big deal. Call it "Ringo and Paul" for all I care... if they got the right backing musicians it would be an incredibly interesting tour, that's my point.

Apparently you wouldn't attend, that would just leave more tickets for the MILLIONS of people who would want to see that show.

And I think the Macca
> haters out there would come unglued! Would I go
> see it? Of course!

Oooppssss... oh you would attend... okay.... but you'd puke first and hope that Ringo twists his ankle so he can be replaced by "Mr. Heavy", Pauls current drummer.

Even though Lennon-less
> Beatles makes only a little more sense than
> Fogerty-less Creedence.
>

Well I don't really respond to bands "intellectually", music is more of an emotional and audio response... and emotionally, and audio-wise, Creedence Clearwater Revisted is awesome...

Now my "thinking brain" tells me that it would be great if Fogerty were there... just as when I'm at a Fogerty show my "thinking brain" tells me it would be great if the original Creedence rhythm section were there...

BUT THEY AREN"T... so rather than "intellectualizing" about it, I just enjoy the music...

You might try it sometime.

>
> Why have we returned to this old, tired,
> off-topic thread?
>
> Ross

Perhaps because it's an important issue for "classic" bands that with the passing of time have to replace bandmembers.

Date: October 22, 2005 23:51

You're right.

Creedence is much better off without Fogerty.

A Beatles "Twotles" reunion would be..."spine tingling!"

Can we end this stupid thread now?

Ross

Date: October 23, 2005 10:18

Ross Wrote:
> You're right.
>
> Creedence is much better off without Fogerty.

I don't think I said that, did I, Ross ??

You seem kind of hostile, sorry that you're so upset, but don't misquote people.

>
> A Beatles "Twotles" reunion would be..."spine
> tingling!"

Well, I think that Paul and Ringo could put together an incredible band and have an incredible tour....

You don't...

Not sure if you saw the last McCartney tour, where he played almost 35 mostly beatles songs a night... but he is an incredible performer in my book, apparently not in yours.

>
> Can we end this stupid thread now?

Well you can get off of it, seeing your exaggerations and misquotes.

>
> Ross

Date: October 23, 2005 16:35

I believe it was you (under a different name before you got banned for your idiotic ramblings) who listed Creedence Revisited (sans Fogerty) as one of the best live albums, over the ones with Fogerty.

More important…NOBODY CARES. This is off topic in a thread that is off topic to begin with. If I seem hostile, it’s because I am mad at myself for being pulled into this moronic debate.

Now, back To the Stones.

Ross

Date: October 24, 2005 06:50

Ross Wrote:
> >
> I believe it was you (under a different name
> before you got banned for your idiotic ramblings)
> who listed Creedence Revisited (sans Fogerty) as
> one of the best live albums, over the ones with
> Fogerty.
>

I guess that's your tongue-tied way of saying you don't think "Recollection" is a good live album ??

I think it's an awesome album, surprised you think it's so terrible...

Since you try to convey such condescending authority, I'm curious, Mr. Expert, which songs on that album are so bad ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-24 06:58 by BornOnTheBayou.

Date: October 24, 2005 19:04

No, I was pointing out what I was referring to when you said I mis-quoted you.

Dude, I am not going to waste my time, or the bandwidth on a STONES message board to discuss the merits (or lacking thereof) of a live album by a Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute band!

You obviously love that album...Great for you! How about, instead of taking the time to post one of your twisted replies to this, put on your headphones and rock out to it! It will be time better spent for both of us!

I see no reason to even return to this thread.

Ross

Date: October 24, 2005 23:39

Ross Wrote:
> No, I was pointing out what I was referring to
> when you said I mis-quoted you.
>
> Dude,

Let me get this straight, what you were trying to say...

Oh forget it !!

Trying to figure out a Russ Rant is like pinning jello to the wall.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home