Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What Do You Think About These Set Lists
Date: September 22, 2005 00:45

It would be interesting to know what other Rolling Stones fans think about these set lists. .... just kidding

Re: What Do You Think About These Set Lists
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 22, 2005 00:47

lmao! wow never saw that post before!!!!!!!

Posted by: apolodoro ()
Date: September 22, 2005 01:19

In short words: playing satisfaction at sixties...Tautology...Iteration...When they play brown sugar, or it's only rock'n' roll, I have to go for a beer. The last songs might be changed. Can you imagine a writter who's always repeating the same narrative structure? Mass Media, Mass literature, Mass Gigs... As for me, I attend ONLY because of the first part of the shows. My set lists would be:
Gimme shelter, midnight rambler, and a complete show based in the contemporary stuff, from steel wheels, for example. Playing only the old songs is admitting that the new songs are not capable of exciting people. That means they are dead as music creators, living in an anacronic revision of their past.
Personally, I would feel so bad playing the same song, in the same way for 40 years...Regeneration means to destroy the past and to create a new present, a new life.
Regards from my present.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 22, 2005 02:03

apolodoro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Can you imagine a writter who's always repeating
> the same narrative structure? Mass Media, Mass
> literature, Mass Gigs...

James Bond? Leathal Weapon? The Matrix? What were the summer's big movies? Star Wars 6, Dukes of Hazzard (70's remake), The Longest Yard (70's remake), Bewitched (60's remake), Batman Begins (80's movie, fourth sequel/prequel). I think I see a pattern: give 'em something familiar but different.

Sadly, we live in the age of the franchise: Lion King the movie, the Broadway musical, the lunchbox, the straight-to-dvd. But then again, Shakespeare did Henry IV, parts one, two, and three. So

> Personally, I would feel so bad playing the same
> song, in the same way for 40 years...Regeneration
> means to destroy the past and to create a new
> present, a new life.
> Regards from my present.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: September 22, 2005 03:15

Only the hard core fans want to hear new things, most of the crowd wants JJF and Sympathy. They play for the crowd and the crowd is happy. I'm happy they are playing a few new songs. I also think they sound much bettter in person than on a studio CD. They are the ultimate bar blues band bar none. I'm not disapppinted that this will be the 5th time I hear JJF, its always a great song.

Date: September 22, 2005 04:56

Oh no,not this again.I was just joking with my post but,I have to say it is not just crazy hardcore fans who want a little something different.If a casual fan is going to their second or third RS concert,I'll bet that they have songs in mind they wouldn't mind hearing that they missed out on before.Think about all the people who purchased these albums.Some of them are probably going to these shows & probably have album tracks and/or new songs that they would like to hear.I know a guy who got all bent out of shape because,they didn't do Hang Fire in '97.Many of my friends have also gone without seeing Under My Thumb.On & on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home