Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 10, 2018 20:17

So Uber sounds like the way to go to my airbnb. 2 local companies doing business in Prague.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 10, 2018 20:43

Maybe you can tell how to get to Letnany from Praha hl. n. to Letnany and from Letnany to Florenc after concert? Please help. Official account of Stones Praha 2018 said, that gigs on Letnany ends everytime at 22:30. I have the bus on Florenc on 0:20. I hope that concert will end at right time and I won't be late for bus. What do you think, Prague people?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 10, 2018 21:11

zgredzik
Maybe you can tell how to get to Letnany from Praha hl. n. to Letnany and from Letnany to Florenc after concert? Please help. Official account of Stones Praha 2018 said, that gigs on Letnany ends everytime at 22:30. I have the bus on Florenc on 0:20. I hope that concert will end at right time and I won't be late for bus. What do you think, Prague people?

It is all on Metro line C, just check the underground map. You are on Florenc in 15 minutes. Getting into the underground might take you more than one hour though, it will be overcrowded

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 11, 2018 00:24

Happy24
zgredzik

It is all on Metro line C, just check the underground map. You are on Florenc in 15 minutes. Getting into the underground might take you more than one hour though, it will be overcrowded

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but it will take some time to get out of the venue and into the station. If you want to be sure you will get to Florence on time, you should position yourself before the end of the show so that you are out quickly. You should make it alright in two hours. If something happens with the metro, you can try Uber or taxi, but it will be expensive.
You can also walk a few minutes to catch a tram to the centre.
Also, in total emergency, you can walk to florenc in approx 80-90 minutes.
But I think that you'll be fine.

Date: March 11, 2018 01:01

Thank you, nearer the show day I will know more and more about public transport and I will ask you again about some of my doubt for sure smiling smiley thank you again smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 11, 2018 03:09

zgredzik
Thank you, nearer the show day I will know more and more about public transport and I will ask you again about some of my doubt for sure smiling smiley thank you again smileys with beer

I’m gong to Poland after the show too but not until 8am when there’s a direct coach from Florence to Warsaw which takes 10 hours (that’s quick !!!)

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 11, 2018 08:32

Advice for those who will need to get to the underground fast - leave the FOS (and also Pit) sector through the left entrance/exit (PVA). If you take the right one (don't get fooled by the fact that the exit is called "Metro"), you will have to go around the whole site, it will take you much longer and you will get caught in much bigger crowd. As I wrote, from my previous experiences the site is always very well organized (except the cashless system on the AC/DC concert was a huge fiasco, but I didn't buy anything, so I didn't even notice, this time with the wristbands we all have a reason to worry though), but getting out takes a lot of time.

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: March 11, 2018 16:52

Please Advise: I am still unable to purchase ticket. I do have someone offering to purchase one for me. Question about Wristbands:
If I am unable to "purchase a ticket with my card" how will I be able to load credits to a RFID Wristband? Can You use "cash/euros" to load value to the wristband or only a Credit or Debit card?

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 11, 2018 17:06

twotonguekisses
Please Advise: I am still unable to purchase ticket. I do have someone offering to purchase one for me. Question about Wristbands:
If I am unable to "purchase a ticket with my card" how will I be able to load credits to a RFID Wristband? Can You use "cash/euros" to load value to the wristband or only a Credit or Debit card?

This was asked on the official Facebook page. We should be able to load the wristband with credit/debit card and cash.

If you want to be sure or you have other questions, I suggest you youse their email, they are very quick to respond.

Date: March 11, 2018 17:26

Thank You - noticed a 2 pm gate time for the show, would be a long day without food/beer/merch if one is not able to load them with cash, assuming if they do not accept my card on website, there may be issues at show as well.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 11, 2018 17:49

Happy24
Advice for those who will need to get to the underground fast - leave the FOS (and also Pit) sector through the left entrance/exit (PVA). If you take the right one (don't get fooled by the fact that the exit is called "Metro"), you will have to go around the whole site, it will take you much longer and you will get caught in much bigger crowd. As I wrote, from my previous experiences the site is always very well organized (except the cashless system on the AC/DC concert was a huge fiasco, but I didn't buy anything, so I didn't even notice, this time with the wristbands we all have a reason to worry though), but getting out takes a lot of time.

Thanks happy24.
Jeroen

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 11, 2018 20:49

This needs to be confirmed for Prague but here is how wristbands we explained at Outside Lands. The only place they took cash was for food, but that is supposed to be changed at this festival for 2018 too.

[www.sfoutsidelands.com]

The venues like this for a few reasons.

1. It eliminates managing, collecting and securing cash.
2. Vendors typically pay a percent of revenue and paying the vendor 95% of their revenue brings in more money than having the vendors provide 5% of cash receipts.
3. If the average person leaves 1 Euro, dollar, GBP etc on their wristband that is 80,000 in pure profit.
4. Reduces counterfeits since wristbands harder to reproduce.

Any statement it makes for a better fan experience is just hogwash aside for not having to carry cash. As far as not bringing in food and drink, let them take away what I try and bring in. If they are taking my food they are not finding my recording equipment.

Date: March 11, 2018 23:23

grzegorz67
zgredzik

I’m gong to Poland after the show too but not until 8am when there’s a direct coach from Florence to Warsaw which takes 10 hours (that’s quick !!!)

There is Flixbus/Polskibus at 00.20 to Kraków too smiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 12, 2018 11:03

LDs for Prague still on sale, Monday 12th March 09:00 UK time/10:00 CET

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: March 12, 2018 11:19

Not available.
I checked it now.

Date: March 12, 2018 13:09

Yup, that didn't last long - did it ? I just happened to notice this morning that the Lucky Dip button was still lit up on rs.com, and when I clicked it ... it put me through to ticketpro.cz and I could have bought 2 Lucky dips. I had them in the basket. But because I had two already, I didn't bother buying them. But that was why I posted the link ......

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 14:27

paulywaul

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Not available!

Date: March 12, 2018 14:30

satisfaction2
paulywaul

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Not available!

Not any more, no. But this morning at 10:00, they were (albeit briefly)

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 12, 2018 15:01

They were told some friend's about and I said be very quick about it....And they got there Dip's good everyone I know is sorted for this....Dublin ....when?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 16:28

paulywaul
satisfaction2
paulywaul

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Not available!

Not any more, no. But this morning at 10:00, they were (albeit briefly)

Perhaps a subtle indicator of a slow selling show? As we all know, tickets will 'miraculously' become available for all sections as the clock runs down, though I don't doubt the venue will be pretty full by showtime.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 12, 2018 19:26

twotonguekisses
Thank You - noticed a 2 pm gate time for the show, would be a long day without food/beer/merch if one is not able to load them with cash, assuming if they do not accept my card on website, there may be issues at show as well.

Is this confirmed ?
So, Probably I can not be at gate opening time.

Date: March 12, 2018 19:38

On the purchase page it says "date and time" - 14:00

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 12, 2018 22:06

I'll throw in another transport iDEa. I used this Co. in Barcelona in the fall, to and from the airport and was very happy with them. For about the cost of a cab (or maybe even less), you'll have a driver waiting for you at airport. I'll be using them again for Prague. I have no relation/affiliation with them - just throwing it out there for anyone looking for a good transport option to get to and from the airport (or any other local sightseeing), that's a step above an Uber, but not at Limo prices. Can be nice when visiting a foreign city, especially if you're tired from travelling, to have a friendly local waiting for you.

[www.welcomepickups.com]

Site will give you an estimated cost if you put in some details.

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: March 13, 2018 18:37

pits available

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 13, 2018 18:55

Not any more, alas - but thanks in any case for the heads up.

Prague Lucky Dips still for sale - Monday 12th March 10:00 CET
Date: March 12, 2018 11:05

Prague Lucky Dips still on sale - Monday 12th March 10:00 Central European time

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Re: Prague Lucky Dips still for sale - Monday 12th March 10:00 CET
Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: March 12, 2018 11:19

Not available
I checked it now.

Re: Prague Lucky Dips still for sale - Monday 12th March 10:00 CET
Date: March 12, 2018 13:09

Yup, that didn't last long - did it ? I just happened to notice this morning that the Lucky Dip button was still lit up on rs.com, and when I clicked it ... it put me through to ticketpro.cz and I could have bought 2 Lucky dips. I had them in the basket. But because I had two already, I didn't bother buying them. But that was why I posted the link ......

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: March 15, 2018 15:39

How can I now if my VIP 1 Start me up ticket is pit A or pit B?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 15:43 by bartfrombrussels.

Date: March 15, 2018 23:46

Well today is my day of redemption. I was finally able to purchase a ticket.

After a long and detailed email to RS.com this morning, around 2 hours later I received an email from Ticketpro.cz, admitting/apologizing for the fact they had been "blocking payments from Canada, the Caribbean and South America"...but they had now changed the "settings" so that I could make a purchase.

Grateful the battle is over, but wow, what we do for a ticket sometimes...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 33

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home