Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:23

novica
i'm having problems with my credit card...hope to resolve by evening...
do you think ,that , this is IT for Lucky Dip tickets ?

no more, maybe later tonight...or tomorrow...

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Available using that link

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:31

ok, thank you all ...
just to clarify one more time >
Lucky Dip ticket , quantity 1 is ACTUALLY TWO tickets ?
am i right ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:36

You cannot choose 1 as quantity. It's 2.

"our selection violates sale constraints applied to event, price category or cust. type (minimum: 2)!"

Date: March 9, 2018 14:38

thanks Topi

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()

novica
ok, thank you all ...
am i right ?

No. it's one. Sales in pairs were not enforced and not at the start certainly. 1490CZK per ticket + 20 CZK Booking Fee, regardless of number purchased.

novica
ok, thank you all ...
am i right ?

Just type in the number 2 .......... they sell them in pairs (only)

Date: March 9, 2018 15:30

Once again they moved the Lucky Dip goalposts in the middle of the game. Amateurish.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2018 15:46

Topi
Once again they moved the Lucky Dip goalposts in the middle of the game. Amateurish.

?
Except for a very brief time when first offered this tour (due to seller glitch) they have always only been available in pairs, if thats what you are referring to.

Date: March 9, 2018 16:15

I was referring to that exact glitch.

But last year Barcelona had single LD's available all along, right?

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 17:01

Strange, LD still available. For Germany, UK, Poland they were gone in a blink of an eye. Can We expect that there will be more LD in Prague than usual?

Date: March 9, 2018 17:04

The LESS any of us have to do with THE single worst website selling RS tickets that any of us are likely to have ever experienced - the better !!
Bunch of complete amateurs and incompetents !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 17:05 by paulywaul.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: March 9, 2018 17:41

I am so sorry to hear about all those problem and f#$k ups with the site :-/

But I am glad that most of you managed to get tickets, lots of LD apparently available and some of you even scored Pit (well done Happy24)!

As discussed, we as locals were dreading the experience but the reality was even worse. Terrible...
A bit of context - ticketpro.cz was owned by Serge Grimaux (who organizes the Prague show). He sold it to TM quite recently but afaiak the discussion took a long time hence the site haven't been updated for ages. This particular design was used for more than a decade and every major show meant servers down. I am not a TM fan but hopefully they will overhaul the site completely.

As for the show, I expect it not be sold out at all as they can increase the capacity quite easily on this field. The only obvious ones are Pit, which is constrained by stage design and tribunes to certain extent. GA + GC can expand as much as needed. If they announce sell-out it will be for publicity only, same thing happened to AC/DC which 'sold-out' a week before show as it sounds better, right ;-)

Anyway, have a relaxing weekend everybody and good luck if you plan to go for tickets for the additional shows. Best!

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 9, 2018 18:08

I hope to get Pit or Front of Stage for this show thanks to my Lucky Dip smiling smiley wish me luck! grinning smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 9, 2018 18:10

zgredzik
I hope to get Pit or Front of Stage for this show thanks to my Lucky Dip smiling smiley wish me luck! grinning smiley

Good Luck!
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: March 9, 2018 19:07

I had added card to Masterpass when I registered for presale, still will not work for me...had Dips in cart again this morning, nothing but false hope...I am so frustrated that I would only pay for a GA or a Dip split at this point and go for Pit in Marseille

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 9, 2018 19:21

Happy24
Also, while buying Pit it looks like this year it really matters which side you buy, I am sure it doesn't matter with the GC - on all concerts I have seen in this venue, the FOS allways had 2 kinds of tickets - left and righ - but once you were inside the FOS, you could move wherever you wanted. So if somebody decides to wat and not to buy anything now and decides for the GC later and only one side is available, just buy it, no problem to go from one side to the other. Again - for the GC, not Pit obviously

Yeah it's too bad they killed the option there was during the NF 2017 tour to move from one side of the pit to the other up to about 30' before the show, another useless restriction placed on stressed fans ! Or maybe it's just for the entrance/allocation of seats and then you can still move...

So they sold GC left and right too for this gig based on Topi's posts ? Odd since the map only showed on GC category. Or did I get it wrong ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 19:24 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 9, 2018 20:04

There are two different GC categories with different entrances.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:15

ok, finally found the link [www.ticketpro.cz] so I see that now :
- Standing front of stage - entrance PVA : 4590Kr
- Standing front of stage - entrance Metro : 4590Kr
And still available it seems as I type this

Also available :
- Standing : 1990Kr
- RESERVED SEATS / TRIBUNES PVA : 4990
- RESERVED SEATS / TRIBUNES METRO : 4990
So everything apart from PIT.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:46

gotdablouse
Happy24
Also, while buying Pit it looks like this year it really matters which side you buy, I am sure it doesn't matter with the GC - on all concerts I have seen in this venue, the FOS allways had 2 kinds of tickets - left and righ - but once you were inside the FOS, you could move wherever you wanted. So if somebody decides to wat and not to buy anything now and decides for the GC later and only one side is available, just buy it, no problem to go from one side to the other. Again - for the GC, not Pit obviously

Yeah it's too bad they killed the option there was during the NF 2017 tour to move from one side of the pit to the other up to about 30' before the show, another useless restriction placed on stressed fans ! Or maybe it's just for the entrance/allocation of seats and then you can still move...

Well, it was like that on some gigs, but on others (including the two I attended) they first filled one half of the pit and when it was full, they opened the other one, which was extremely stupid - we stood in the queue outside the pit for about 2,5 hours, just waiting for that half to be opened. For security reasons, we were told. I can't imagine any. Just a stupid arrangement without any reason. Buying specific sides will work much better I hope.

Date: March 9, 2018 22:40

wow, what a day ,at least for me !
at the end, i've managed and bought 2 LD tickets !!! yeeee
so, Prague here i come , with my best friend !!!

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 10, 2018 11:15

so this is going to be the first time in prague for some people, so I thought I could share a few basic things so that you won't make some unnecessary expensive mistakes.

the airport
the airport is small but clean and safe. in the public area there are some fast-food chains, czech pub, and a few coffee shops.
there is a 24hour food court next to the arrivals at terminal 1, they have snacks and hot meals even at night/early mornings.

getting to the city
now that part is a pain. the first, fastest and also cheapest way is to take a bus 119 that will drop you off at the metro station "nadrazi veleslavin" on green line A that goes straight to the city centre. you need to purchase a ticket in a vending machine, they do accept cash and credit cards. do not forget to validate the ticket.
second way is Uber. in Czech Republic they offer Black, which is their original product. this is the same as everywhere else, black limousine. it is reliable and affordable. ride to the city centre, depending on time of day, should be around 600-800CZK, approx 23-32 euros. they also offer more affordable versions they call uber select - still a new nice car, and uberpop - normal car.
third way is a ride that your hotel will arrange for you.
fourth way, and be careful here, is a taxi. that I would not recommend.

there are 2 main things you should never do in prague.

1) never use city taxis. never. they cheat, steal and charge extreme amounts of money. use them only in severe emergency situations. it is not safe or recommended to use them. prague is small, take a walk, public transport is cheap and if you want to take a car, use uber or ask at your hotel and they will arrange a ride for you.

2) never, never exchange money in exchanges without very carefully checking the rates. you will get literally robbed. seriously. every exchange will have a sign that they won't take a commission, but the rates are brutal.
you can pay with you credit/debit card everywhere apart from those questionable shops with a lot of booze on display. but if you need some cash, there are options.
I suggest you check with your bank and use an ATM. try to avoid those generic ones, they can have high fees, but use a bank ATM instead. there is a lot of them.
or you can exchange your money here, I use this place regularly and they are probably the safest and best in prague. [www.exchange.cz]

and one thing you should do in every city - be careful with your phone and wallet. taking a metro during a rush hour with your wallet and phone in your back pocket is not a good idea anywhere, same goes for prague. especially on your way to and from the gig.

the city
prague is a very safe city even late at night and early in the morning. you might occasionally see a homeless person, but they won't bother you. in the city centre there are few professional beggars, I suggest you don't give them any money.
you can walk everywhere, the metro closes around midnight, but there are night tram lines across the city. Google usually does a good job planning a journey, also there is a map in every metro station.

drinking in public is not permitted in some places, and there are fines. the fact that your drink is in a bag or in a soda bottle won't save you. but it is not strictly enforced, so if you won't be absolutely hammered, you are fine.

I suggest paying for the public transport. there are no physical gates that would stop you entering the metro stations, but there are controls sometimes and you will get a fine. you won't see locals validating tickets because we have cards with chips in them.

50 CZK for a beer is a bit overpriced in a normal restaurant or a pub, do not pay more than that. czech beers are always on tap, 0.3, 0.5 and sometimes 1litre called "tuplak". there are regulations in place, so in every establishment you will get electronic receipt. tipping is not mandatory, but if you like the service, tip 10-20%.
you won't pay for every drink separately, they will track what you had in a terminal or they will place a tab on your table and write it there. you will still get a receipt when you pay.
you can't smoke anywhere indoors and in public transport stations.

czech people can seem kind of cool and distant, but are quite friendly and helpful. a lot of older people still remember Russian, a lot of people speak German and in prague basically everyone can communicate in English.

bellow I will list a few traditional places where I suggest you go for a beer. don't get discouraged by the staff there, they might be a bit rough. these are really old places, locals have their own seats and glasses there and they will stare you down. but they are not mean, so just ask for a beer and you will be served just fine.
In my opinion, Pilsner Urquell is the best we have. But that is, of course, subjective, so just try different things and find what you like. Also be careful, not everybody is used to stronger beers, do not underestimate it, especially on a hot day when you are tired.

if you are not into beer, there are some internationally recognised bars, some underground, some with amazing views.

If you want some culture, I suggest you check www.goout.net .very helpful site where you can find what is happening in the city. also available in English. They sell tickets online themselves or there will be a link to a site where you can purchase the tickets.

My recommendations for music (small clubs)
Ungelt Jazz club
Jazz dock
Reduta jazz club
Agharta
Blues sklep
U maleho glena

for beer
U hrocha (lesser quarter)
u dvou kocek
U pinkasu (there you can have a beer basically in a church)
U glaubicu
u zlateho tygra
and any "lokal", like "lokal u bile kuzelky"

for a cocktail
Hemingway bar
black angles bar
cash only bar
bar and books
or there is a sky bar in a Hilton.

if you can't be without your Irish pub, try James Joyce Irish pub.

be safe, have fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-26 14:59 by laughinearlydied.

Date: March 10, 2018 11:28

laughinearlydied
so this is going to be the first time in prague for some people, so I thought I could share a few basic things so that you won't make some unnecessary expensive mistakes.

the airport
the airport is small but clean and safe. in the public area there are some fast-food chains, czech pub, and a few coffee shops.
there is a 24hour food court next to the arrivals at terminal 1, they have snacks and hot meals even at night/early mornings.

getting to the city
now that part is a pain. the first, fastest and also cheapest way is to take a bus 119 that will drop you off at the metro station "nadrazi veleslavin" on green line A that goes straight to the city centre. you need to purchase a ticket in a vending machine, they do accept cash and credit cards. do not forget to validate the ticket.
second way is Uber. in Czech Republic they offer Black, which is their original product. this is the same as everywhere else, black limousine. it is reliable and affordable. ride to the city centre, depending on time of day, should be around 600-800CZK, approx 23-32 euros. they also offer more affordable versions they call uber select - still a new nice car, and uberpop - normal car.
third way is a ride that your hotel will arrange for you.
fourth way, and be careful here, is a taxi. that I would not recommend.

there are 2 main things you should never do in prague.

1) never use city taxis. never. they cheat, steal and charge extreme amounts of money. use them only in severe emergency situations. it is not safe or recommended to use them. prague is small, take a walk, public transport is cheap and if you want to take a car, use uber or ask at your hotel and they will arrange a ride for you.

2) never, never exchange money in exchanges without very carefully checking the rates. you will get literally robbed. seriously. every exchange will have a sign that they won't take a commission, but the rates are brutal.
you can pay with you credit/debit card everywhere apart from those questionable shops with a lot of booze on display. but if you need some cash, there are options.
I suggest you check with your bank and use an ATM. try to avoid those generic ones, they can have high fees, but use a bank ATM instead. there is a lot of them.
or you can exchange your money here, I use this place regularly and they are probably the safest and best in prague. [www.exchange.cz]

and one thing you should do in every city - be careful with your phone and wallet. taking a metro during a rush hour with your wallet and phone in your back pocket is not a good idea anywhere, same goes for prague. especially on your way to and from the gig.

the city
prague is a very safe city even late at night and early in the morning. you might occasionally see a homeless person, but they won't bother you. in the city centre there are few professional beggars, I suggest you don't give them any money.
you can walk everywhere, the metro closes around midnight, but there are night tram lines across the city. Google usually does a good job planning a journey, also there is a map in every metro station.

drinking in public is not permitted in some places, and there are fines. the fact that your drink is in a bag or in a soda bottle won't save you. but it is not strictly enforced, so if you won't be absolutely hammered, you are fine.

I suggest paying for the public transport. there are no physical gates that would stop you entering the metro stations, but there are controls sometimes and you will get a fine. you won't see locals validating tickets because we have cards with chips in them.

50 CZK for a beer is a bit overpriced in a normal restaurant or a pub, do not pay more than that. czech beers are always on tap, 0.3, 0.5 and sometimes 1litre called "tuplak". there are regulations in place, so in every establishment you will get electronic receipt. tipping is not mandatory, but if you like the service, tip 10-20%.
you won't pay for every drink separately, they will track what you had in a terminal or they will place a tab on your table and write it there. you will still get a receipt when you pay.
you can't smoke anywhere indoors and in public transport stations.

czech people can seem kind of cool and distant, but are quite friendly and helpful. a lot of older people still remember Russian, a lot of people speak German and in prague basically everyone can communicate in English.

bellow I will list a few traditional places where I suggest you go for a beer. don't get discouraged by the staff there, they might be a bit rough. these are really old places, locals have their own seats and glasses there and they will stare you down. but they are not mean, so just ask for a beer and you will be served just fine.
In my opinion, Pilsner Urquell is the best we have. But that is, of course, subjective, so just try different things and find what you like. Also be careful, not everybody is used to stronger beers, do not underestimate it, especially on a hot day when you are tired.

if you are not into beer, there are some internationally recognised bars, some underground, some with amazing views.

If you want some culture, I suggest you check www.goout.net .very helpful site where you can find what is happening in the city. also available in English. They sell tickets online themselves or there will be a link to a site where you can purchase the tickets.

My recommendations for music (small clubs)
Ungelt Jazz club
Jazz dock
Reduta jazz club
Agharta
Blues sklep
U maleho glena

for beer
U hrocha (lesser quarter)
U pinkasu (there you can have a beer basically in a church)
U glaubicu
u zlateho tygra
and any "lokal", like "lokal u bile kuzelky"

for a cocktail
Hemingway bar
black angles bar
cash only bar
bar and books
or there is a sky bar in a Hilton.

if you can't be without your Irish pub, try James Joyce Irish pub.

be safe, have fun.

Ugh ! If you really can't be without your Irish pub ......... you're a sad git and you shouldn't leave the UK under any circumstances, it won't suit you !

Date: March 10, 2018 12:04

laughinearlydied, you have made a great summary, hard to add something! smiling smiley

Just one thing about the way from the airport to the city centre - I personally would recommend the public transport - the 119 bus and the A metro line. One is downtown always in less than half an hour and the cost of the ticket (regular public transport ticket) if 32 CZK, which is something like 1,3 Euro. Sure, the metro won't probably drop you off in front of your hotel, but since you take the metro from the edge of the city downtown, you won't get stuck in the traffic, so it is fast an you can't beat the price. I personally would never choose any other means of transport, but it is up to everybody's choice of course.

Posted by: UrbanwearTS ()
Date: March 10, 2018 12:09

Waiting for the Prague show with two FOS tickets, some fan art, a tribute to the city of Mucha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-10 12:11 by UrbanwearTS.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 10, 2018 12:11

Happy24
laughinearlydied, you have made a great summary, hard to add something! smiling smiley

Just one thing about the way from the airport to the city centre - I personally would recommend the public transport - the 119 bus and the A metro line. One is downtown always in less than half an hour and the cost of the ticket (regular public transport ticket) if 32 CZK, which is something like 1,3 Euro. Sure, the metro won't probably drop you off in front of your hotel, but since you take the metro from the edge of the city downtown, you won't get stuck in the traffic, so it is fast an you can't beat the price. I personally would never choose any other means of transport, but it is up to everybody's choice of course.

Thanks, and back to the airport?
I've heard taxi is not recomended.
Is airport bus service from the main station good?
I'm considering this or Uber as I have an early flight back home. Traffic won't be a problem at 5.45 in the morning I guess.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 10, 2018 12:24

Adams
Happy24

I'm considering this or Uber as I have an early flight back home. Traffic won't be a problem at 5.45 in the morning I guess.

to the airport it is exactly the same as from the airport. the bus service from main station is convenient and reliable. early in the morning there will be no problem with traffic.

when planning, keep in mind that 5th and 6th of July = national holiday in Czech Republic.

traffic to the airport is never a problem early in the morning and late in the evening. during rush hour you might get stuck in traffic.

Date: March 10, 2018 12:26

Adams
Happy24

Back to the airport? You can do exactly the same - take the A metro line to Veleslavin station and from there the 119 airport bus. Metro starts before 5 a.m., the 119 bus starts at 5.13 a.m. (even on weekends) and in the morning it goes every 10 minutes. The busses from the main station are also a public transport (32 CZK ticket), it is of course possible, but the bus goes through the city, so traffic can be a problem, probably not at 5.45 a.m., especially the day (or two) after the show, since it is a national holiday, so it will be like Sunday. I don't have a personal experience with the busses from the main station, whenever I go the airport, I arrive to the train station and then I rather take the underground and the 119 bus. Really less than 0,5 an hour to the airport. But yeah, either that or the bus from the main station. As writen before, taxi is not recommended and Uber will give you pretty much the same service for about 20 times more money. So...

Posted by: rollingknokke ()
Date: March 10, 2018 12:36

Many thanks for the information !

greets Pat

Date: March 10, 2018 12:44

thank you laughinearlydied !
smileys with beer

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 10, 2018 14:06

Happy24
Adams
Happy24

Back to the airport? You can do exactly the same - take the A metro line to Veleslavin station and from there the 119 airport bus. Metro starts before 5 a.m., the 119 bus starts at 5.13 a.m. (even on weekends) and in the morning it goes every 10 minutes. The busses from the main station are also a public transport (32 CZK ticket), it is of course possible, but the bus goes through the city, so traffic can be a problem, probably not at 5.45 a.m., especially the day (or two) after the show, since it is a national holiday, so it will be like Sunday. I don't have a personal experience with the busses from the main station, whenever I go the airport, I arrive to the train station and then I rather take the underground and the 119 bus. Really less than 0,5 an hour to the airport. But yeah, either that or the bus from the main station. As writen before, taxi is not recommended and Uber will give you pretty much the same service for about 20 times more money. So...

Thanks for the info. I only thought that 119 and Metro might take longer than the dedicated bus or won't operate early in the morning but that's not the case

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 33

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home