Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

USA Radio-Play
Posted by: gut ()
Date: September 21, 2005 18:54

Has anyone heard any of the songs off A Bigger Bang on radio here???

I haven't heard a "Current" single on US radio since "Saint of Me" was played in 1997 and early 1998. I haven't heard "Rough Justice" or "Streets of Love" at all, since their release.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Re: USA Radio-Play
Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 21, 2005 19:03

Nor have I in France. But it stays quite good in the charts ( # 4 ).

Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: September 21, 2005 19:24

Haven't heard a single note from the album played on the radio. I must admit I don't listen often, but we have a pretty big "classic rock" station here (Boston) that often plays new tracks from classic rock artists. I've yet to hear them play anything from the new album.

Even with the local hysteria of the Fenway shows, when they were playing the Stones to death, I never heard them dip into ABB...."Rough Justice" was available for airplay long before then, too.

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: September 21, 2005 19:28

Q107 here in Toronto (yes, that Q107) has played Rough Justice fairly rugularly and yesterday I heard She Saw Me Coming. Interesting note that Q107 is being investigated for their stunt with the Phoenix show and there was an article in the paper yesterday indicating that the CRTC will not throw out the complaint from the lads at Shidoobie and will proceed with their investigation. They do have a funny contest going on now for tickets, the "guess what Keith said" game.

Date: September 21, 2005 23:30

"She Saw Me Coming" may have single potential, despite its repetitive chord structure. The kids may not listen to it because a 60-year old is singing, though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 21, 2005 23:42

I heard Streets of Love playing in Walgreens the other day... had to stop and listen... "is that the Stones...??" sure enough it was.

Date: September 21, 2005 23:45

"Streets of Love"

Contrary to alot of popular opinion on this site, I like the song. Its no warhorse or classic ballad, but its good enough. It had the lone chance of possibly being a hit on radio.

Its one of those tunes like other Stones tunes to which I'll always relate a certain time of my life...this one being the Katrina catastrophe. Its got that aura of sadness to it which is appropriate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-21 23:46 by gut.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 21, 2005 23:58

in chicago wlup 97.9 fm has played rj, onnya, lwtcdi and ssmc. the latter 2 not often though. rj is a daily play and oonya they just started playing more.

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 22, 2005 00:00

Three weeks ago "Rough Justice" was played a total of 408 times throughout the entire United States. Regarding USA Radio-Play I would ask, "What radio play?"

Date: September 22, 2005 01:07

+++++Three weeks ago "Rough Justice" was played a total of 408 times throughout the entire United States++++++

Geez, thats miniscule. And thats riding on the debut of the new songs....

Sad.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: September 22, 2005 01:19

I DONT LISTEN TO THE @#$%& RADIO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home