Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LSTNT On STILL LIFE
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 16, 2018 03:42

Sources list Let's Spend The Night Together on STILL LIFE as being from the 12-18-1981 show.

That performance ends with Charlie missing the end and continuing on, yet on the live album, he stops.

So where did that ending come from?

Re: LSTNT On STILL LIFE
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 16, 2018 07:34

Great catch! Even more interesting since this is the one track Clearmountain didn't move the knobs for allegedly. Possible studio tidying up since a splice from another show would likely be harder to match up in 1982.

Date: February 16, 2018 08:12

Isn't it already doctored on the Hampton DVD/LP?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 08:40

I noticed that, too, when I bought the Blu Ray. Same song until the very end.

Same as TIOMS. Still Life is from Hampton yet the opening lyric Mick sings You're searching for good times, just wait and see, while the actual Hampton concert he sings the usual Now you always say that you want to be free. Don't know why they would have edited it.

Date: February 16, 2018 09:16

DGA35

Same as TIOMS. Still Life is from Hampton yet the opening lyric Mick sings You're searching for good times, just wait and see, while the actual Hampton concert he sings the usual Now you always say that you want to be free. Don't know why they would have edited it.

TIOMS was included on a single + they made a video of it, hence it's overdubbed (also Keith's backing vocals). Was LSTNT also planned for a single release, perhaps? It has several guitars + new vocals, backing vocals and the edit in the ending.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:10

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:37

DandelionPowderman
DGA35

TIOMS was included on a single + they made a video of it, hence it's overdubbed (also Keith's backing vocals). Was LSTNT also planned for a single release, perhaps? It has several guitars + new vocals, backing vocals and the edit in the ending.

The vocals are not overdubbed though on LSTNT. The edit in the ending is just a splice. There's one guitar overdub in the middle part that I can hear.

Mathijs

Date: February 16, 2018 10:38

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
DGA35

The vocals are not overdubbed though on LSTNT. The edit in the ending is just a splice. There's one guitar overdub in the middle part that I can hear.

Mathijs

Not even Keith's backing vocals?

Date: February 16, 2018 10:40

The most baffling one is Miss You, though..

Mick added new vocals (included a few «lord, I miss you», instead of «I wanna kiss you»)...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:04

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
DGA35

Mathijs

Not as far as I can hear. I doubt Richards even did overdub sessions.

Mathijs

Date: February 16, 2018 11:20

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
DGA35

Mathijs

Mathijs

He definitely did for TIOMS, as it's easy to hear the different backing vocals.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 17, 2018 15:55

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
DGA35

Mathijs

Mathijs

He definitely did for TIOMS, as it's easy to hear the different backing vocals.

correct!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 18, 2018 06:15

It wouldn't surprise me - I've been wondering this for years but for whatever reason I just now wondered about it here - if it's from the 12-19-81 Hampton show since Imagination is from that show.

- Just My Imagination (Norman Whitfield/Barrett Strong) -Hampton 19.12.81

- Let’s Spend The Night Together (MJ/KR) -Hampton 18.12.81

That day before the month thing always baffles me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home