Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Prince + Sting + Ronnie Wood - Miss You (London 14-08-86 "Wembley Arena" UK)
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 9, 2018 01:35

[www.youtube.com]

A bit messy.. But enjoy...

And this is for the anecdote according to Prince fans

[prince.org]

Sting and Ron Wood had come on stage to play along. The Revolution did "Miss You". Prince said, "This used to belong to you, but tonight it belongs to me," or something very similar. Prince kept sending up hand signals to the band to do different fills. Sting didn't know them and couldn't follow along. He finally just gave up in frustration. Prince was just in a playful, but very cocky mood.

Re: Prince + Sting + Ronnie Wood - Miss You (London 14-08-86 "Wembley Arena" UK)
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 9, 2018 05:03

Prince virtuoso Prince.
The audio is too poor quality for me, and no video.
I thought this was a better clip (I still ‘miss you’ Prince RIP )
Mick Jagger remembers Prince:
[m.youtube.com]

smiling smileyRe: Prince + Sting + Ronnie Wood - Miss You (London 14-08-86 "Wembley Arena" UK)
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 9, 2018 13:05

Nice

Re: Prince + Sting + Ronnie Wood - Miss You (London 14-08-86 "Wembley Arena" UK)
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 9, 2018 14:16

Prince opening for the Stones,
LA Coliseum, Oct. 11, 1981:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 9, 2018 16:35

IMO, as far as Prince ‘directing Sting’
Prince always heard every member of the band all the time,
and yes,
he led and directed.
It was always Prince: with whatever backing band he chose to perform.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 9, 2018 17:33

TooTough
Prince opening for the Stones,
LA Coliseum, Oct. 11, 1981:

[www.youtube.com]

Almost unlistenable but thats really cool for posterity. I'm not even the biggest Prince fan but if you can get through the bad sound and crowd noise, the music is actually really good. That version of When You Were Mine, even sounding through a tin can, is excellent and way better than the record. Sad that the crowd wasn't accepting but it also makes sense. Prince is a lot to take at any time, but especially when he's a nobody and you're not prepared. Even moreso when people hate openers regardless. Definitely interesting to have that recording though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home