Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rock and roll novel
Posted by: jss ()
Date: September 20, 2005 23:25

i have always wanted to write a novel that has a really good rock and roll flavor, but have been unable to come up with a decent idea...until today...here's a brief outline
1967, california, a music festival has just taken place and two of the musicians are now in a hotel room...one is a blonde haired british guitar player for a popular band, the other is a about to burst left handed guitar player from the pacific northwest...together they break out their instruments and proceed to record lenghtly jams and blues covers...the tape becomes the story of legend because it disappeared shortly after is was made...now 38 yrs later, the tape resurfaces and sets off an interesting chain of events....i have some ideas of how to flesh this out but i am always willing to see what other folks think...plus is it even worth my time to get into this...i have another work already in progress but this one seems more fun...

Re: rock and roll novel
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 20, 2005 23:33

...turns out that the musicians all died on a bad "trip" in 1968 and the book
ends after 20 pages....hmmm, no...that won't work. anyone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-20 23:34 by T&A.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2005 23:43

Huey Lewis and The News get hold of the tape ... put of black face... record one of the blues songs for Fat Possum...have a huge hit with it...Stones ask them to be support act on tour...Keith shoots 'em when he finds out their really white guys....Keith spends rest of life on the run in the jungles of Jamaica...!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 21, 2005 05:01

Problem is, what you have so far is all backstory: the tapes. That just adds upt to what Hitchcock calls the McGuffin: the object of desire that the characters are after but is rather meaningless when compared with our interest in the characters and their actions.

So my questioin is how do you make it interesting where right now you have:

jss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 38 yrs later, the tape resurfaces and
> sets off an interesting chain of events....

The "interesting chain of events" is your entire novel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home