Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS.com Store - A decent gesture on their part!
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: February 2, 2018 04:35

I know there have been a few pretty negative threads in relation to these guys (for good reason) over time but I felt there merit in starting a positive one that culminated from a pretty shitty experience on my part.Back in early October I purchased a couple of jackets etc, and from that time on right up until the middle of January I had absolutely no joy from them in determining the status of my order. Delays from suppliers was cited and "we should receive your merch between 4 - 14 days" etc - it became exceptionally frustrating waiting more than 3 months!

What I did find out is there are actually a few Stones online stores that have no affiliation with one another and don't communicate. I was perplexed that the jackets were available on one site but not the one I purchased from, even though they were available when I ordered them!?

Anyway, for my troubles they ended up cancelling my order as presumably they were now not going to receive any further shipments of the merch I had ordered.

As an olive branch I suppose upon cancelling my order they sent me a complimentary Alpha bomber jacket valued at US$325. It took 3 days to get to my place in Perth, Australia from the UK. So credit where it's due I suppose.

Re: RS.com Store - A decent gesture on their part!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2018 08:29

....hey good idea Paul ...
like the old trick of jumpin' power-companies every month and havin' em offerin ya a better deal each time ...
Apparently Pizza shops do it all the time .... dem ovens cost bucks$$$$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 15:17

Nice to read thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:46

I had a similar experience. Some years ago, I ordered a poster from the UK store, which then notified me saying that the courier company had returned it to them undelivered because the package had got damaged in transit and apologizing profusely because the poster was now out of stock, so all they could do was refund the money.

I protested that the poster was available in the US store, so why couldn't they send me one of those. But I got no joy and assumed that was that.

Many many months - maybe even a year - later, I was very pleasantly surprised to receive an email out of the blue from the UK store manager with whom I'd corresponded at the time. He told me to expect delivery of the poster the next day by courier and that there was nothing to pay. Hey presto!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:52

Proof that Mick "the family name that shall not be spoken" reads IORR!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 2, 2018 20:47

This site scared me from ever ordering from RS.com. So I ordered from merchbar.com instead (and I got my bitchin Stones shirt no problem, no hassle!).

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 22:21

Rockman
....hey good idea Paul ...
like the old trick of jumpin' power-companies every month and havin' em offerin ya a better deal each time ...
Apparently Pizza shops do it all the time .... dem ovens cost bucks$$$$$$
Ha , good call dude, why didn't I think of that. If you believe that RS.com is doing you a favor. Whatever your smoking,,, I'm in...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home