Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 15 best albums of 1968
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: January 20, 2018 03:20

Meh. The White Album is half filler and Big Brother is a neighborhood bar band.

Date: January 20, 2018 11:58

The years 68-73. If I go to one of the reviewer sites or Classic Rock sites, and read at what was released in those years, it s the same as reading "Alltime Greatest Album" list.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:04

`72 and `73? -Hmm, must be Bowie and The Stones. I dread thinking of Jethro Tull`s A Passion Play. That album really told you it was over. -But, we´ve been here before, approxiomately.

Date: January 20, 2018 18:12

noughties
`72 and `73? -Hmm, must be Bowie and The Stones. I dread thinking of Jethro Tull`s A Passion Play. That album really told you it was over. -But, we´ve been here before, approxiomately.
Yes noughties the start of glam - I'd say Roxy Music, Bowie, Lou Reed, Neil Young, Stevie Wonder,Genesis, Deep Purple, Big Star, Nick Drake, Al Green, Little Feat. That list can go on.
Its so funny you bring up "Passion Play". I had a friend who was REALLY into Jethro Tull. So they were always kind of in the mix with us. And I can understand all hose earlier albums; esp. "Thick as a Brick". But "The Hard and the Spectacles" haha..that is all I can think of when I remember 'Passion Play'. What else was even on there?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:20

I dig Jethro Tull before Thick As A Brick, when they played blues rock, in fact a bit similar to Led Zeppelin. We`re talking pre ´72 for both bands.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:27

Cristiano Radtke
In no particular order, I think these albums are missing on the list:

Elvis Presley - Elvis (68 Comeback Special)
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac
Dr. John - Gris Gris
Joan Baez - Any Day Now
Scott Walker - Scott 2
Jeff Beck Group - Truth

It doesn't do any good to say what is missing if you are not going to say what they should replace.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:44

stanlove
Cristiano Radtke
In no particular order, I think these albums are missing on the list:

Elvis Presley - Elvis (68 Comeback Special)
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac
Dr. John - Gris Gris
Joan Baez - Any Day Now
Scott Walker - Scott 2
Jeff Beck Group - Truth

It doesn't do any good to say what is missing if you are not going to say what they should replace.

There's no need to replace any album, imho. Just make this list as an expanded version. Feel free to add your choices.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home