Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg Database
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: January 7, 2018 03:32

Just thought I'd leave this here for anyone who finds it as cool & useful as I do.

I've never come across this before, sorry if repost.

[www.dbboots.com]

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Bootleg Database
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 7, 2018 05:01

The author of an article on bootlegs I read years ago shared his friend’s experience with a Stones’ bootleg. This friend was flipping through a vinyl-record-store bin looking at Stones bootlegs and lifted one out to buy it. Someone tapped his shoulder and he turned to find an unhappy Keith Richards. Keith shook his head, so the guy penitently returned the bootleg and moved along.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 7, 2018 09:16

Marhsall
Just thought I'd leave this here for anyone who finds it as cool & useful as I do.

[www.dbboots.com]

This site is usefull but also has Thousands of errors. It misses Houndreds of important bootlegs but includes Thousands of not collectable trashy private CDR editions instead (which are NO bootlegs of course; there's a CDR edition of nearly every circulating show, even of the most horrible recordings). Handle with care!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 09:18 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 7, 2018 11:50

The site [www.dbboots.com] seems to be active since end of 2009.

Two other Bootleg-Databases are:

[Bootlegpedia.com]

Hot Stuff Japan (see: 'New Arrivals'). It's unfortunately in Japanese, but Google Translate helps in most cases.

Date: January 7, 2018 13:56

Monsoon Ragoon
Marhsall

[www.dbboots.com]

This site is usefull but also has Thousands of errors. It misses Houndreds of important bootlegs but includes Thousands of not collectable trashy private CDR editions instead (which are NO bootlegs of course; there's a CDR edition of nearly every circulating show, even of the most horrible recordings). Handle with care!

These guys put a lot of work and dedication into these kind of info bases. I can't imagine that there's 'thousands' of errors; and the term 'collectable' might be subjective. The bootleg market is by it's very definition a maze of DIY and illegal activities. Its worldwide and ever changing. I kind of dig that site.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 7, 2018 14:27

Palace Revolution 2000
Monsoon Ragoon
Marhsall

[www.dbboots.com]

These guys put a lot of work and dedication into these kind of info bases. I can't imagine that there's 'thousands' of errors; and the term 'collectable' might be subjective. The bootleg market is by it's very definition a maze of DIY and illegal activities. Its worldwide and ever changing. I kind of dig that site.

They do a lot of work but the result is not always satifying. They don't list many essential bootlegs (DAC etc.) but they list private CDR issues instead. They don't even recognize or mention if there's a "wrong" show recorded on some WLR boxes set. And they make many more mistakes. Nevertheless the site is quite useful.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 7, 2018 15:11

Title5Take1
The author of an article on bootlegs I read years ago shared his friend’s experience with a Stones’ bootleg. This friend was flipping through a vinyl-record-store bin looking at Stones bootlegs and lifted one out to buy it. Someone tapped his shoulder and he turned to find an unhappy Keith Richards. Keith shook his head, so the guy penitently returned the bootleg and moved along.

I would have asked him to sign it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 7, 2018 15:20

Monsoon Ragoon

And they make many more mistakes.

Report them:

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 7, 2018 15:36

odean73
Title5Take1

I would have asked him to sign it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yep...Thats exactly what I did when I met Keef back in the day....it was the Toronto 77 sessions LP with that great RS mag cover ....he didn't mind at all...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home