Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Your first “hit” of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2017 21:23

It was side 3 and 4 of HOT ROCKS. I was a kid and that's what my dad played the most.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 18, 2017 21:51

watching the rock and roll years in the summer of 1987, they were up to 1968, the year i was born, in the news was vietnam, student riots in paris, unrest in czechoslovakia, then the music of that era which i liked, then jumpin jack flash came on, there was something about the way the stones looked that caught my eye, they were different to other bands and the jj flash promo video along with the sound of the band seemed to compliment what was in the news at that time, it was so menacing and got me hooked, i think its almost 30 years since i bought love yo live, my first stones tape. was in december 1987.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 19, 2017 01:31

73 or 74 with “Dancing with Mr. D” and “Silver train” videos on Don Kirchner’s
Rock Concert Television show late at night.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 19, 2017 03:02

I was born in '63 and the Stones have been part of my entire life. I knew about Satisfaction when I was very young but without being sure of the band that played it. Later, during my high school, I discovered Honky Tonk Women that was often played on the student radio program at our school and really liked it. However, I really fell on my butts for this band as I was reading the reviews of the different shows of the 81 US Tour in our local newspaper. I didn't know it was possible for a band to play (and fill up) in a football stadium. My girlfriend bought Tattoo You as my birthday gift, as I was hooked up on Start Me Up. In '82, the movie LSTNT was played for a week at our local cinema.I went 5 nights in a row and it's there that I discovered the other songs (UMT, LSTNT, BOB, and my all time favorite since that week of '82, Tumbling Dice).
The rest... as they say.... is history ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-19 03:05 by daniel t.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 19, 2017 17:00

I was rather late to he party but hearing Miss You, Beast of Burden, and Shattered made me buy Some Girls, and I was hooked!

Started working my way backwards in their collection... And kept up with them up to the present having seen at least 1 show on every US tour since '81.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: December 19, 2017 18:04

Not Fade Away and I Just Want Make Love ... listening to late night Detroit AM from my small town Michigan home. 1964 - 10 years old. It's all Over Now sealed the deal but, truth be told, I was into all the British bands equally and I didn't become a Stones diehard until Ya-Yas smashed me over the head when I was 17.

HBK

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: December 19, 2017 18:21

Honky Tonk Women on a 45 I was 9 or 10 yrs. old. What was the flip side?

Date: December 19, 2017 18:31

Paint it black when I was listening to the radio in my mom's kitchen.
When Yaya's was released I became hooked.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: December 19, 2017 18:36

10 yeras old, my dad brought a funny looking LP home with the corners cut off (Through the past, darkly) and when JJF came on it was BANG! been a fan for the next 43 years and counting.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 21:12

ChrisG
Honky Tonk Women on a 45 I was 9 or 10 yrs. old. What was the flip side?

You can't always get what you want ...... but you did winking smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: December 20, 2017 02:00

Start Me Up/No Use In Crying.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 20, 2017 02:04

DandelionPowderman
Worried About You

Oh ho ho ho!

smileys with beer

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: December 20, 2017 04:41

For me it was "Through the past Darkly" in about 73. I was a 12 year old and was hooked.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 20, 2017 06:54

Get off my cloud got me hooked as a young teen went out and bought hot rocks played it 24 7
then the 81 tour was the cement...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-20 07:03 by umakmehrd.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 20, 2017 09:36

I got into the Stones when I was 12, which was in 1985. The only Stones songs aired these days were old ones. When Harlem Shuffle was released in 1986 it had little air play, and honestly speaking, I didn't like the song, esp. Mick's singing.

A couple of years later when Steel Wheels was released, it was a completely different situation as the band's comeback was hurrayed. Mixed Emotions got heavy rotation and ... I liked it ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-20 09:37 by Meise.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home