Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Final thoughts on album sales...
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:15

Had the Stones released the LPs at the same time as the CDs, the Stones would have been #1 in the UK & maybe #2 in the US. Instead, the LPs will be released on the 27th...or so I've been told (at least here in the US).

Re: Final thoughts on album sales...
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:38

I seriously doubt there's going to be that big a demand for vinyl lp's. How many true audiophiles are there? I still have my Denon turntable hooked up but it's been quite a while since I've listened to an lp. Probably would have sold a couple thousand copies in the US, if that?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:57

Yeah, and more than 11 in the UK.

BTW...I just bought a new Denon turntable last year...$1,000...but there are some things you can only get on Vinyl.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: September 17, 2005 22:50

The Biggest Mistake was that rs.com made it possible to listen to the entire album in advance.

But another mistake was not having an album out at the start of the tour.

But Platecompagniet in Norway reports of a complete sell out of older Stones albums as part of a campaign together with the release of ABB. There has been a huge demand lately by new Stones-fans all over the country.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home