Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood, Larry Coryell and Freddie King 1976 footage
Date: July 7, 2020 13:35

DiamondDog7
...don't forget the late great Larry Coryell! The Godfather of Jazz Fusion guitar.

Thanks for that great post. I remember seeing Larry a few years ago, at the North Sea Jazz Club in Amsterdam, not long before he passed away. He was heavily overweighted and had to sit in a chair, but still playing great. The club went bankrupt a few years ago, a big loss for Amsterdamned music lovers.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-07 14:27 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: July 7, 2020 15:07

TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7
...don't forget the late great Larry Coryell! The Godfather of Jazz Fusion guitar.

Thanks for that great post. I remember seeing Larry a few years ago, at the North Sea Jazz Club in Amsterdam, not long before he passed away. He was heavily overweighted and had to sit in a chair, but still playing great. The club went bankrupt a few years ago, a big loss for Amsterdamned music lovers.

I think I was at the same gig. I can call Larry a friend/teacher of mine. He was getting tired from the long trips during a tour. It would break him he said. But he still can play as a monster! ;-)

Date: July 7, 2020 15:13

DiamondDog7
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

I think I was at the same gig. I can call Larry a friend/teacher of mine. He was getting tired from the long trips during a tour. It would break him he said. But he still can play as a monster! ;-)

It was with Joey deFrancesco on Hammond, another monster.

I just found this: 2012, Larry in Amsterdam.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-07 15:41 by TheflyingDutchman.

Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 6, 2020 18:26

Back to the RAH 2021 — May 14, 17 and 18
Roll on to the Stones, hopefully.

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 15:26

Do you know the presale codes for Ticketmaster UK for these shows?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 7, 2020 18:39

RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

I can hardly imagine that these shows will happen…

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 7, 2020 19:39

slewan
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

I can hardly imagine that these shows will happen…

I agree. Buying tickets just in case, but would put the chance at 1 in 3 at most. If I score the tickets I want will hold for the 2022 rescheduled dates.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 21:31

I still see some tickets available on the presale. If anyone has the presale code, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Date: October 8, 2020 01:43

rbarnes00
Do you know the presale codes for Ticketmaster UK for these shows?

Belated, but sorry I don’t.

If RAH won’t happen, it is unlikely the subsequent, rescheduled European dates will do, either...

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: October 8, 2020 03:11

video: [stiriinternationale.ro] Clapton backs Van Morrison's call to save live music,

Date: October 8, 2020 21:04

Bought tickets in the event it happens. If it's rescheduled seats are locked in, it it doesn't happen I get my money back.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 8, 2020 21:07

daspyknows
Bought tickets in the event it happens. If it's rescheduled seats are locked in, it it doesn't happen I get my money back.

Same! See you there, Mr. Spy.

Date: October 8, 2020 22:14

ChrisL
daspyknows

Corner table at the lobby just like last time. smileys with beer

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 8, 2020 23:57

daspyknows
ChrisL
daspyknows

Corner table at the lobby just like last time. smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Date: October 10, 2020 19:00

After some consideration, I managed a nosebleed seat for Monday and Tuesday, one each. Whether the shows will happen remains to see...

Date: December 3, 2020 14:41

RAH extra show added — May 15 (Sat), 2021.

[www.whereseric.com]

More probable the shows will happen perhaps?

Date: December 3, 2020 18:11

RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

Grabbed seats. I think the vax has something to do with this. Going to make sure I get the needle twice in April.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2020 20:59

daspyknows
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

Grabbed seats. I think the vax has something to do with this. Going to make sure I get the needle twice in April.

Wondering if there will be other safety measures such as proof of vaccination as was mentioned as a possibility from ticketmaster a few weeks ago for future shows.
Curious to find out how it all works out, and look forward to seeing and hearing new clips from Clapton - maybe Van will make a special appearance to duet on their new tune Stand and Deliver!

Date: March 1, 2021 15:32

European tour rescheduled (again) to 2022.
RAH to follow.

[www.whereseric.com]

Date: March 1, 2021 15:41

surprise, surprise… 

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 1, 2021 16:57

It's a shame, would have thought That concerts in summer would go ahead. Fear reigns the world, we want Total safety without any risk. Still Holding on to my Tickets!

Date: March 2, 2021 06:54

Have tickets and actually happy with this news. Will plan for 2022.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2021 13:01

slewan
surprise, surprise… 

No surprise whatsoever ... none at all. What the blazes people were thinking by announcing these shows for MAY 2021 - I cannot possibly imagine. NUTS. There was never a chance ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 2, 2021 13:34

paulywaul
slewan
surprise, surprise… 

No surprise whatsoever ... none at all. What the blazes people were thinking by announcing these shows for MAY 2021 - I cannot possibly imagine. NUTS. There was never a chance ...
For sure and the over riding thought of filling the coffers and damn the pandemic I guess . Cooler heads prevailed as it's not safe .

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood and Freddie King 1976 footage
Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: March 2, 2021 21:20

DiamondDog7

Ronnie Wood, Texas blues legend Freddie King, a smiling Larry Coryell, and Eric Clapton playing "Further on Up the Road" at Crystal Palace Garden Party IX, July 31, 1976.

Date: March 2, 2021 23:53

paulywaul
slewan
surprise, surprise… 

it's called irony…

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 3, 2021 05:17

slewan
paulywaul
slewan
surprise, surprise… 

it's called irony…

Astonishing, I'd never have guessed !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 3, 2021 17:48

I totally agree with the comments above concerning the May RAH shows.

At some point someone was having a disconnect from reality and that was not helpful to fans at all. I mean someone in EC's camp actually added a show to the RAH schedule as recently as December.

I have probably seen maybe 40 EC and Cream shows at the RAH. Many fans from around the world travel to these shows.....Australia, Japan, USA and different European countries. A lot of time and expense would go in to just trying to attend these shows - all of which is magnified greatly in the face of a pandemic.

Again......someone not thinking.

Date: March 3, 2021 18:40

1cdog
I totally agree with the comments above concerning the May RAH shows.

At some point someone was having a disconnect from reality and that was not helpful to fans at all. I mean someone in EC's camp actually added a show to the RAH schedule as recently as December.

I have probably seen maybe 40 EC and Cream shows at the RAH. Many fans from around the world travel to these shows.....Australia, Japan, USA and different European countries. A lot of time and expense would go in to just trying to attend these shows - all of which is magnified greatly in the face of a pandemic.

Again......someone not thinking.

When announced I doubted they would happen but I booked the trip just in case. No regrets in that regard since I scored the seats I wanted. They will happen eventually I hope.

The Saturday date that was added became available after the first 3 announced. If planned properly there should be little costs involved as airlines have waived cancellation fees. I booked a flight and fares were dirt cheap. I have since cancelled.

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood and Freddie King 1976 footage
Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: March 3, 2021 19:12

gustavobala
DiamondDog7

Ronnie Wood, Texas blues legend Freddie King, a smiling Larry Coryell, and Eric Clapton playing "Further on Up the Road" at Crystal Palace Garden Party IX, July 31, 1976.

[rocksoff.org]

23rd june, vienna, was the last stones show from 1976 tour

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2342
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home