Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - McCartney tour-setlist
Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: September 18, 2005 00:06

artur34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i am a stones fan like a fan should be support the
> only team of his heart

Must be incredibly BORING to be a fan of only one band.

Ridiculous.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: September 18, 2005 00:10

intv7, exactly! I am fan of Macca, Stones, Who and maybe ten acts more. No need to be narrow minded!

Posted by: Steel_Wheels ()
Date: September 18, 2005 00:41

I'm catching the Macca tour this October in Chicago. My wife is a huge fan so I agreed to tag along (she didn't exactly have to twist my arm). I have always enjoyed the Beatles (but NOT Macca solo stuff and no where near my love of the Stones), so that set list excites me and I'm looking forward to comparing the show (will be my first Macca show) with the Stones recent effort at Soldier Field. My wife is the opposite of me, huge Beatles / Macca fan and mild fan of the Stones. I took my wife to the Soldier Field gig (first Stones show she'd been to). She was very, very impressed by the show and floored by Mick's performance (we must count our blessings that he is still able to conjure so much energy these days --- he absolutley makes the show for the (many) fans that are not as much into the band as we Stones fanatics are).

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: September 18, 2005 01:06

I saw Macca a couple of years ago - he is boring as hell, looks like the reincarnation of the devil....

All happened after he married that gold-digger.... how come he was sooooo misjudging in marring Heather Mills......

Imagine if MJ had married that brazilian "Luciana Jiminez" - to say it in portugues.... "puta merda"....

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 18, 2005 01:06

Saw McCartney in 2003 and while I thought the concert was well performed, etc., I felt very sad thinking about McCartney being the only one of his band (Wings or Beatles) to be bringing this music to the people. I compare that to the Stones with the trio of Keith, Charlie and Mick and the 30 years of Woody and was very much aware just how lucky Stones fans are, regardless of what we might think of setlists, ticket prices, and such. McCartney was just yet one more reminder for me that the Stones are unequalled . . . and will remain so.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: September 18, 2005 01:11

It is interesting the on the Macca forum people are bitching about the setlist just like people here bitch about the Stones setlists. Sady, I belong to a generation of bitchers, whiners, and grumpy old farts, LOL!!!

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: September 18, 2005 02:05

I won't bash McCartney as I do enjoy some of his music but I have listened to several of his bootlegs from his last tour, and I must say they are virtually impossible to distinguish. The same setlist played exactly the same way every show. That's not what I call varying the setlist. As far as him playing more songs, most of his songs are shorter, under 4 mins. Still a nice setlist. Add Junior's Farm, and I would be satisfied.

Date: September 18, 2005 02:27

Yeah, Junior´s Farm is really missing. Never understood why he only played that one on the ´75 tour and then never again (not ´76 and after).

Glad though that he leaves out several number ones (With A Little Luck, Mull Of Kintyre, Ebony And Ivory, Silly Love Songs...).
Every other artists would NEED to play his number one hits. McCartney is in the positon that he can leave out these songs (they were successful, but they are not his best) and play less known titles like Too Many People. It´s true, he rarely changes his setlist and never did the kind of three-shows-"Licks"-concept. That´s something he could learn from the Stones...

Date: September 18, 2005 02:30

... yeah, come on, you Macca bashers, write it: "He can learn much much morrrre from the STONESSSSSSS!!!!!!"

It gets boring when it is too predictable.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 18, 2005 06:40

I dunno. I like Macca but is Beatles lite
and lacks an edge. His shows are all mostly
note for note the same, even the inbetween
song chatter, more like a jukebox, fun
but I'll take the Stones!

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 18, 2005 09:16

Let's be honest here -- Macca's setlist is putting the Stones' setlist to shame, and he's giving a 2 hr, 40 minute performance as compared to 1 hr, 45 min -- 2 hrs (if you're lucky), and for $200 less. The Stones have put out a near-classic new album, probably their best since 'Some Girls', but they are not promoting it like they should and they are giving us their most boring setlist EVER. That's right -- EVER !! I was at the Milwaukee show and it was mediocre-to-good at best but nowhere near GREAT -- and I have seen every Stones tour since 1975. I feel like a fool for spending $350 to catch a 1 hr, 47 minute show that was only 20 songs long, and I will never do so again. I will continue to rave to my friends and acquaintances about what a great album 'A Bigger Bang' is --- but unless I seem some drastic changes or variety in the quality AND quantity of the setlist, I'm planning on selling my single ticket for the Chicago United Center show on January 23rd.

And don't give me this crap about "you should be lucky you can see them perform at all, you ungrateful bastard" crap --- blah, blah, blah ! It's a redundant argument. I've seen the Stones in a club, in arenas AND in stadiums throughout the years, and I can confidently say that this is BY FAR the laziest show the Stones have ever put together. And I think long-time Stones fans have every right to bitch about it if they want to.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 18, 2005 17:54

stickydion Wrote:
> "Macca is quantity, Stones is qaulity...."
>

Well in this case Macca is both right? He performs well and the songs are the show. He concentrates on the music onlike Keith.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 18, 2005 17:58

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> camper88 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah great, but where's Sway?
>

Well its not onstage. Its on record down in the basement. You can here Mick Taylor play guitar on it.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: September 18, 2005 23:27

steel wheels macca will blow you away,saw him in 76,and o2,both shows were amazing.no one is a bigger stones fan than me,and the stones are on fire this tour.but macca is right up there with our boys,there both treasures.

john scialfa

Date: September 18, 2005 23:30

Right, John! That´s also my opinion.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home