Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT--Not RIP Charles Manson
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2018 23:13

THE AGE --- 10 January 2018

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 9, 2018 23:23

One of them (son? grandson?) is trying to get the remains so that he can dispose of them in an unmarked location so that the site won’t become a weird destination shrine - imagine Morrison’s grave on steroids. I hope that happens, whoever gets ‘em.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 10, 2018 17:16

dcba
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Charles Manson is considered an icon of the 60s because he ended the Summer of Love revolution.

Did it really start? Isn't that another great myth the boomers have been toying with forever? The SOL took off in Frisco L.A. and where else? In Iowa? In Alabama? I don't think ti did.

And even in L.A. it was largely faked. A Hollywood insider tells stories of these hardcore conservative 50-sth media moguls suddenly wearing flower shirts and peace signs around their neck to be "hip". They'd also let their mansions open at night 'cause "locking doors is so uncool"
That was artificial silly and ridiculous. It was a trend it was a fag... and it quickly ended with the Manson killings.

"The Summer of Love" is a myth that sells well with Millenials. Mick and Keef these wise cynical and smart dudes probably saw the BS in all this from the very beginning.

Manson was a loser, he ahd a terrible childhood and a terrible life till he discovered he had a way with women**. He's not a symbol or an "icon" of anything.

** = i'd like to see feminists explain to us how women could bring themselves to killing innocent and more importantly a pregnant woman. So far I haven't seen at attempt at explaining that.

Ladies... smoking smiley

Perhaps you meant "fad".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 18:10 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 10, 2018 17:35

dcba
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Charles Manson is considered an icon of the 60s because he ended the Summer of Love revolution.

Did it really start? Isn't that another great myth the boomers have been toying with forever? The SOL took off in Frisco L.A. and where else? In Iowa? In Alabama? I don't think ti did.

And even in L.A. it was largely faked. A Hollywood insider tells stories of these hardcore conservative 50-sth media moguls suddenly wearing flower shirts and peace signs around their neck to be "hip". They'd also let their mansions open at night 'cause "locking doors is so uncool"
That was artificial silly and ridiculous. It was a trend it was a fag... and it quickly ended with the Manson killings.

"The Summer of Love" is a myth that sells well with Millenials. Mick and Keef these wise cynical and smart dudes probably saw the BS in all this from the very beginning.

Manson was a loser, he ahd a terrible childhood and a terrible life till he discovered he had a way with women**. He's not a symbol or an "icon" of anything.

** = i'd like to see feminists explain to us how women could bring themselves to killing innocent and more importantly a pregnant woman. So far I haven't seen at attempt at explaining that.

Ladies... smoking smiley
Who defends Manson or his followers? A ridiculous straw-man argument.

What an idiotic, incomprehensible tirade. In your unhinged zeal to assault everything on the left-hand side of the political spectrum, you've completely lost focus and barfed out a load of incoherent gibberish.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 10, 2018 21:04

keefriff99
dcba
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Ladies... smoking smiley
Who defends Manson or his followers? A ridiculous straw-man argument.

What an idiotic, incomprehensible tirade. In your unhinged zeal to assault everything on the left-hand side of the political spectrum, you've completely lost focus and barfed out a load of incoherent gibberish.

"Yes, I'll take 'If you're not for me, you must be against me' for a hundred, Alex."

Did it ever occur to you that there's more to the world and its people, more to reality, than just reactionary big-money corporate U.S. politics?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 10, 2018 23:56

The Manson massacre was like a big blind spot in the American feminism of the 70's. How come Gloria Steinem or Andrea Dworkin never mentioned or conceptualized the fact that that night of 1969 women slaughtered other women (and a pregnant one on top of it). I guess it clashed with the fem discourse that women are essentially victims, and victims of men.
Steinem or Dworkin would ahve been well inspired to dig deep into the psyche of Susan Atkins and Patricia Krenwinkel... Why didn't they?

There was no answer given in the 70's and I can safely say there'll be no answer from the female IORR contingent either. Too bad... winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 11, 2018 00:14

UNCUT 249 -- February 2018

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home