Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: No Filter Tour - The weak point...
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:17

No Mick Taylor...
Jeroen

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:38

The only real weak points for me [and really it's nit picking, no biggie] is I love Gimme Shelter but to me it just doesn't work as 2nd last song. Personally I liked it best when they would play it about 5 songs in. And Keith god bless him, love the man, still love hearing him play but the same 2 songs every night when there are more worthy others. All About You and Before They Make Me Run or how about a Thru And Thru followed by Little T & A or I Wanna Hold You and Infamy [i like it], there are so many possibilities that wouldn't of stretched him too much. But like I say minor quibbles, I'm just happy that they are still out there playing shows and in good health. Long may it continue.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:54

Complaints about set lists. Here we go again...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 5, 2017 18:54

potus43
You mean weak POINTS. Keith, set list, prices

prices were not problem for me this time:
- Hamburg (LD/pit): 66,65 Euros
- Munich (LD/pit): 65,15 Euros
- Dusseldorf (LD/Innenraum/standing): 66,85 Euros
- Arnhem (pit) 221,50 Euros
- Paris II (fosse or/golden circle): 122,50 Euros
- Pariss III (fosse or/golden circle): 122,50 Euro

that's an average price of 110 Euros per show – not too bad since I had been very close to stage 5 times

setlist were a problem, of course
Keith sometimes, too

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 5, 2017 19:02

OK I stand corrected about the prices, thank you

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 5, 2017 19:03

MrMibbs
potus43
You mean weak POINTS. Keith, set list, prices
We get the point, thanks for your input.
Thank you MrTroll

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: November 6, 2017 00:33

Highest stage ive ever seen was Quebec much higher than anything on this tour

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 6, 2017 01:00

Tina Turner didn’t sing
‘What’s Love Got To Do With It’
with Mick.

The stage was a little high. But if that’s your complaint I am assuming you had killer seats (I DID!)

Of course, Tina Turner ‘Private Dancer’ 1984
Huge hit I had the vinyl LP and was 16 years old.
Edit, I was 17. See, honest to a fault. Is there such a thing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 02:18 by 35love.

Posted by: Wolfgang ()
Date: November 6, 2017 08:27

corriecas
No Mick Taylor...
Jeroen

´cause MT left the band 1974 ;-)))

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: November 6, 2017 22:25

geordiestone
The only real weak points for me [and really it's nit picking, no biggie] is I love Gimme Shelter but to me it just doesn't work as 2nd last song. Personally I liked it best when they would play it about 5 songs in. And Keith god bless him, love the man, still love hearing him play but the same 2 songs every night when there are more worthy others. All About You and Before They Make Me Run or how about a Thru And Thru followed by Little T & A or I Wanna Hold You and Infamy [i like it], there are so many possibilities that wouldn't of stretched him too much. But like I say minor quibbles, I'm just happy that they are still out there playing shows and in good health. Long may it continue.

Totally agree on Gimme Shelter. In recent years, I always thought that the late-show versions of Shelter are somehow lame and I also had that impression in Hamburg. On the B2B tour the song was always a highlight and I still like to listen to the hard hitting versions from the 2012 shows at the O2 Arena. Because Keith just plays the rhythm fast and loud in the end, like it should be. I also think it would be nice it Keith would be more diverse. Bring back Thru And Thru and the B2B songs, not to mention All About You, maybe one of the best love songs ever. Oh, how I miss Bobby Keys...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-06 22:31 by Hanns Rainsch.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 6, 2017 22:37

Hanns Rainsch
geordiestone

Totally agree on Gimme Shelter. In recent years, I always thought that the late-show versions of Shelter are somehow lame and I also had that impression in Hamburg. On the B2B tour the song was always a highlight and I still like to listen to the hard hitting versions from the 2012 shows at the O2 Arena. Because Keith just plays the rhythm fast and loud in the end, like it should be.

Maybe without Lisa it isn't the same; part of the dramatic nature of the song which became attached to Fisher's high quality live performance has also left.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 7, 2017 02:37

I agree that the stage and ramps were much too high, and as noted, the empty spaces between some sections were huge.

For me, I think I am done with stadiums, hoping they will still play an arena or two.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 7, 2017 04:18

Another weak point - but really nitpicking here:

The title of the tour itself "NO FILTER"- no reasonable explanation and based on the definitions of the phrase it doesn't really make any sense.
And the promo and merchandise - overall poor designs. From the original messy yellow poster, to the mostly lackluster posters/shirts of each city, can't say I was impressed.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 7, 2017 05:21

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 7, 2017 05:30

Natlanta
curb no filter

Hilarious saw the show last night!
Hit the ‘reset’ button and go back to when we weren't talking/having it out w/ the talkie talkie guard LMAO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 05:32 by 35love.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home