Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
To the guy who wanted me to sit down last nite....
Posted by: bonf71 ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:07

Thanx for trying to ruin my nite, but it didn't work. You told me to sit down during Start Me Up, cause you couldn't see. Hello, this is a Rolling Stones show, not Barry Manilow. People were standing in front of me , as was all of Giants Stadium, if I would have sat down, what would I have saw ? Next time, suck it up & have some fun, will ya ?

Re: To the guy who wanted me to sit down last nite....
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:12

If he was such a sissy, do you think he will be reading this here?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:20

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he was such a sissy, do you think he will be
> reading this here?

LOL

IORR: No Sissies Here!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:24

i had that happen while in 7th row center for voodoo lounge! people behind me wanted everyone to sit! Yeah, that happenned. I just looked at them and laughed.

Posted by: Sole ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:26

Glad for you, bonf71, it did'nt ruin your nite! It did for me in Stade de France / Paris in 2003.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:32

This sort of thing happened to me at Fenway the 1st - a guy w/ his gf sat throughout looking sullen, I was up, digging the sh*t out of the show, & sort of dancing (as much as one can in such constrained area, tiny seats scrunched together) & I accidently brushed against him lightly with my arm a couple times - God was he angry! Hit me on the arm a laserbeam of rage in his eyes. So you adjust, but WHY ARE YOU HERE, sir?

Posted by: nyustones ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:38

I had the same thing happen to me last night. I was completely amazed at people wanting to sit down during a Rolling Stones concert! I refused to sit down. I mean how pathetic do you have to be to go to a Stones concert and be like "could you please sit down I am trying to listen to Start Me Up."

I will never attend a show at Giants Stadium again. The show was great but the audience and venue can really make all the difference. They left the lights on in the Mezz section

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: September 16, 2005 18:44

Not an original thought, but it bears repeating:

The only person who should be seated at a Rolling Stones concert is Charlie Watts!

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: September 16, 2005 19:05

Refused to sit down during a Stones concert? You are all wild rockers :-))

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 16, 2005 19:26

Good point Roscoe.

During the intro in Chicago alot of people in our section were sitting down. So I gathered my lungs and screamed "WHO SITS AT A @#$%& STONES CONCERT!?!?!" Wasnt but mere seconds and our section got off their asses except for a lady behind us who decided to sit for most of the show. How she could sit was beyond me. She wasnt handicap'd or anything. During Infamy or Out of Control she had some guy tap my friend on the shoulder and ask him to sit. Since it was incredibly loud he played dumb and acted like he couldnt understand her.

The only time I've ever tried to get anyone to "stop doing that shit" was in 1999 @ Columbus me, my dad and my little bro were in the upper deck. Anyone who's been to that arena knows how vertical the view is in the upperdeck. Hard enough to see as is, so you just deal with it. Unfortunately a drunk chick infront of us decided to throw her hands up in the air for most of the show, even slow numbers. Was obstructing the view for my little brother. We were all standing so that wasnt the issue, it was her flailing her arms for most of the show. The drunk bitch wouldnt quit either and her boyfriend was equally shitfaced and wouldnt care at all.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2005 19:59

Roscoe is right! Charlie is the only person who is supposed to sit at a Stones show!. If they started this American all-seating-in-a-stadium-show bullshit I would quit seeing the Stones. Sitting down at a Stones show and arguing with boring old farts asking you to sit down is simply ridiculuos - the end of rock'n roll!

Posted by: fuzzbingz ()
Date: September 16, 2005 20:14

Considering the age group of the average stones fans these days i don't think it is out of the ordinary for wanting to sit. These are old people who have bloated ankles and bunions and in-grown toenails and lots of other things. These are people who raised their families and put their kids through college. We should respect their right to want to sit for long stretches.

Posted by: lornemyers ()
Date: September 16, 2005 20:28

Last night, the people in front of me looking at me like I was crazy for dancing and prouncing around last night. I am sorry, its the freakin "Stones" not Kenny G. Whatever, not gonan let it ruin my good time. The only issue was the freakin weather. Insanley warm, lot of sweating.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 16, 2005 20:29

That's why i always prefer to stand in front of the stage between many, many young fans! (In Europe) Seats? No thanks...

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: September 16, 2005 20:43

I had the same thing at Wembley Arena in 2003 - some jerk who was obviously at the wrong concert - everybody was up anyway in front of me.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 16, 2005 20:51

what if you're 6'5" tall and the person behind you is 5"5" tall??

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 16, 2005 20:57

at san francisco in '89, i got in an argument with a security guard who was trying to get me to sit down because people behind me were asking me! it was during TD and it was my first time seeing it live (my first show) - i was so pissed! i've never seen security intervene since that on such problems.

in sacramento '99, when people yelled at a bunch of us to sit down, someone yelled "this isn't a movie!" - i thought that was a great line.

Posted by: bonf71 ()
Date: September 16, 2005 21:25

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this way. I can understand taking a break maybe & sitting for a minute, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the people that sit & ask you to sit because either they don't wanna stand & have a good time or they are sitting because either a slow song is on, they don't know the song, or it's a new song...all lame excuses. Not just the Stones, but don't people go to concerts to sing & dance & have fun ???

Date: September 16, 2005 23:18

If you think it's getting ridiculous about standing at a Stones gig, try standing at a McCartney show !!

I was up dancing to "Saw Her Standing There" and got a couple tugs on the arms from the fat-butt sitters behind us...

I mean, if you can't dance to that, you need to check into the rest home... But it's true, that's what the world's coming to.

In fairness I saw nary a soul in the front 80% of seats in Milwaukee sitting down, and the majority of Soldier Field was dancin' too, especially the 2nd half.

Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 16, 2005 23:28

I have no problem with people sitting at a show as long as they don't want me to sit down. I went to a Paul McCartney show in 2002, which was the only time I've ever seen a Beatle, so I was excited. I'd rather see the Stones, and have seen them many times, but love the Beatles as well.

Anyway, the people behind me asked me to sit down, several times, and I politely refused. Then an usher started hassling me, nagged at me for like ten minutes to sit down and I kept politely, then not so politely, saying no. This guy never identified himself as an usher and I didn't know he was, I thought he was with the people who wanted me to sit, so I finally told him, "either leave me alone and stop talking during the show or you and I can step outside and settle this." So he goes and gets the cops, who hassle me but finally concede I have a right to stand.

Meanwhile, the guy I went to the show with decides I'm a troublemaker and takes the people behind me's side. He was my ride and he tells me "find your own way home, I'm not taking you." We were in Indianapolis for the show but lived in Louisville. So we get into an arguement. Then I go walk around and try to find another guy from Louisville I know is going to be there. No luck.

Back to my seat ... and one of the people from behind me is sitting in it and refuses to move. He tells me to @#$%& off and says "this is what you get for standing in front of me." I almost decked him, but instead I said nothing and went and got an usher (turns out to be the same one I had a conflict with, ironically), and he comes back with me to get him out of my seat, by which time he has already moved one seat over, into my ex-friend's seat, with my ex-friend's permission.

So I get back in my seat. Actually, I stand in front of my seat. At that point the show is 2/3 over and I have missed just about everything, and I am furious. So I tell the guy next to me "as soon as we leave this building, I am going to follow you to the parking and kick your @#$%& ass, either that or you are going to kick mine, but I am giving you fair warning so be prepared." He goes and gets the cops, who have already seen me once tonight, and they take his word for it and kick me out. I end up taking a cab to the Greyhound station and a three hour bus ride home. Never have spoken to the ex-friend again.

WORST ... CONCERT ... EXPERIENCE... EVER!!!!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 16, 2005 23:32

with friends like that who needs enemies!

Posted by: hip shakin mama ()
Date: September 16, 2005 23:35

I don't understand why people go to a Stones concert and think that they are going to sit. I have never been able to sit at a Stones concert. No one does. If people don't want to stand, dance and sing at a Stones concert. Save your money, stay home and listen to the albums!!!!

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: September 16, 2005 23:37

Dude, Pafult....unbelievable story. I just cant believe that. I think that is a story i will use at many concerts to come. hehehe. I just cant understand that.

Date: September 16, 2005 23:39

hip shakin mama Wrote:
> I don't understand why people go to a Stones
> concert and think that they are going to sit. I
> have never been able to sit at a Stones concert.
> No one does. If people don't want to stand, dance
> and sing at a Stones concert. Save your money,
> stay home and listen to the albums!!!!

In fairness, alot of the sitters are having a great time too... kinda groovin' and rockin' in their seats ... maybe they've had a long day or something...

At Milwaukee my biorhythms were so down I could barely think, and our section towards the back (great view), was mostly sitters so I went with it and sat most of the gig... danced a couple numbers at the end, that was cool... still had a great time.

But if you're a sitter at a Stones gig, you sure can't object to anyone else dancing... that's ridiculous.

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: September 17, 2005 00:03

I know it is inviting abuse, but I have to take the unpopular stance here. The guy wasn't trying to ruin your night, but you standing in his line of vision all night would have ruined his. There is no rule saying that standing or dancing during shows is mandatory, except of course at General Admission events. I am on your side 100% as long as the majority of the crowd was on it's feet and your sitting would have caused your view to be blocked. But, if everyone around you is seated and you are the one person getting in someone else's way, you are rude and inconsiderate. My rule of thumb is: your good time ends where mine begins. Have a blast but don't infringe on anyone else's space.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2005 00:08

Anyone who sits at a Rolling Stones concert for any reason other than physical infirmity should be blindfolded, frogmarched to the b-stage and publicly shot through the back of the head for their bad taste

The guy told you to sit down during Start me Up? That was the opening song!!! How can you be too tired or unexcited at THAT point of the show..

Date: September 17, 2005 00:09

pafult01 Wrote:
> I have no problem with people sitting at a show as
> long as they don't want me to sit down. I went to
> a Paul McCartney show in 2002, which was the only
> time I've ever seen a Beatle, so I was excited.
> I'd rather see the Stones, and have seen them many
> times, but love the Beatles as well.
>
> Anyway, the people behind me asked me to sit down,
> several times, and I politely refused. Then an
> usher started hassling me, nagged at me for like
> ten minutes to sit down and I kept politely, then
> not so politely, saying no. This guy never
> identified himself as an usher and I didn't know
> he was, I thought he was with the people who
> wanted me to sit, so I finally told him, "either
> leave me alone and stop talking during the show or
> you and I can step outside and settle this." So he
> goes and gets the cops, who hassle me but finally
> concede I have a right to stand.
>
> Meanwhile, the guy I went to the show with decides
> I'm a troublemaker and takes the people behind
> me's side. He was my ride and he tells me "find
> your own way home, I'm not taking you." We were in
> Indianapolis for the show but lived in Louisville.
> So we get into an arguement. Then I go walk around
> and try to find another guy from Louisville I know
> is going to be there. No luck.
>
> Back to my seat ... and one of the people from
> behind me is sitting in it and refuses to move. He
> tells me to @#$%& off and says "this is what you
> get for standing in front of me." I almost decked
> him, but instead I said nothing and went and got
> an usher (turns out to be the same one I had a
> conflict with, ironically), and he comes back with
> me to get him out of my seat, by which time he has
> already moved one seat over, into my ex-friend's
> seat, with my ex-friend's permission.
>
> So I get back in my seat. Actually, I stand in
> front of my seat. At that point the show is 2/3
> over and I have missed just about everything, and
> I am furious. So I tell the guy next to me "as
> soon as we leave this building, I am going to
> follow you to the parking and kick your @#$%& ass,
> either that or you are going to kick mine, but I
> am giving you fair warning so be prepared." He
> goes and gets the cops, who have already seen me
> once tonight, and they take his word for it and
> kick me out. I end up taking a cab to the
> Greyhound station and a three hour bus ride home.
> Never have spoken to the ex-friend again.
>
> WORST ... CONCERT ... EXPERIENCE... EVER!!!!!
>
>

I can really believe this experience... McCartney fans are HOSTILE towards dancers!! Unless you have a place to dance that's not obstructing anyone else's view, or you're in that rare section where people are on their feet, don't expect to do much dancing at all at a PMcC gig... maybe one or 2 special songs, that's it. They will tug at you, throw things at you, it's hostile.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 17, 2005 00:28

their were girls standin on their chairs last nite @ giants stad,,& security didn't even bother them

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 17, 2005 00:29

Thanks for reminding me why I can't really get excited about Stones gigs/classic rock gigs anymore.

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: September 17, 2005 01:07

Gazza Wrote:
> Anyone who sits at a Rolling Stones concert for
> any reason other than physical infirmity should be
> blindfolded, frogmarched to the b-stage and
> publicly shot through the back of the head for
> their bad taste
>
> The guy told you to sit down during Start me Up?
> That was the opening song!!! How can you be too
> tired or unexcited at THAT point of the show..
>
>

Maybe he'd been through that setlist before.....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home