Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith met Marianne yesterday in Paris
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:18

Don't know if this was already posted. If so, sorry.
The article is from Germany. Probably someone will translate.

[www.bild.de]

Re: Keith met Marianne yesterday in Paris
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:38

Sweet picture...a million thoughts between each other without a word spoken.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:07

Why did Mick did not talk to her?
Jeroen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:09

"They bump into each other and smile in the face like an old couple.
"Grandma" with a teacup, "Grandpa" - probably - with rosé champagne. A picture full of love, relaxation and respect. And a scene like from a retirement home - would not be the expensive carpets and the staircase, which rather indicate a hotel. This and above all the colorful headband with him betray that this scene can not be an everyday one.
The "Grandpa" is easily identified as Keith Richards (73). In "Grandma" you have to look more closely: it is the singer Marianne Faithfull (70), which is inextricably linked to the history of the Rolling Stones.

The band just finished their European tour in Paris. What is more obvious than to meet an old flame?
Since 2004, Faithfull has been living in the city of love. With the Stones, she also had a lot of love and passion beside some drugs escapades. At the end of the 1960s, she co-habitated with frontman Mick Jagger (74).

With Keith Richards, Faithfull, on the other hand, connects only one night - but she had it all.
Faithfull still characterizes them as extraordinary. "I think she was so great and memorable because it was just one night," says Faithfull, "Mirror." "That's it. And we're still big friends. "

The story of their one-night stand is quickly told. At this time Marianne Faithfull was with Mick Jagger. Keith wanted to sleep with her for revenge on Mick, because the singer had previously stretched out his friend Anita Pallenberg (73).

But Keith and Marianna had to interrupt their Intermezzo abruptly, because Mick was in the march. Keith grabbed his clothes as fast as he could, and pounded through a window. But he forgot his socks ...
Even today, this is the running gag between Keith and Marianne. "Marianne and I still have this joke," Keith once said. "She likes to send me a message and writes, 'I can still not find your socks.'"
And so they met in Paris now, to the delightful memories. "Loved seeing Marianne!" Keith wrote Richards under the picture of her meeting, which he posted on his Instagram account."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 20:10 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:20

Keith Richards reunites with Marianne Faithfull 50 years after their 'hot and sweaty' romp: Rolling Stone enjoys a tipple with former groupie ahead of band's concert in Paris
By Sebastian Shakespeare for the Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 20:36 EDT, 25 October 2017 | UPDATED: 22:01 EDT, 25 October 2017

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

*******Excellent photos at source. 466 comments and many are good and respectful. Some saying "Not just Keith and Marianne, We all had so much fun in the 60s and 70s". Usually when The Stones are in the UK Mail you get lots of nastiness such as calling them "the wrinkly rockers" that should be using walkers (Zimmer frame) when they get up on stage.

Dance Party, Somewhere, United States, 16 hours ago
We all had our days as beautiful people, and with luck we'll all get old after fun lives.
lola, toronto, 15 hours ago
You can tell by the way they're looking at each other that the spark between them is still there. That's a very sweet photo.
Of all the four letter words there are, "time", is probably the worst one. Time just goes by, thumbing it's nose at everyone because it can, and it doesn't care. That leaves whatever is left of us. And we should embrace it.
Argyll1, Perth, Australia, 11 hours ago
Don't really know why but I love this photo. After the tumulutous lives they have both led, so nice to see them together- lots of memories there. Many, I guess which will be known only to them or maybe discussed over a cup of tea.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 21:31 by triceratops.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:12

Fantastic photo.

The stories they could tell and this picture indicates a thousand and more stories.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:25

tea for her
rose for him

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 26, 2017 22:08

corriecas
Why did Mick did not talk to her?
Jeroen

No idea if they met or didn't, but Mick was not staying at the hotel. He was at his Paris residence instead.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 26, 2017 22:30

I would bet that their conversation included talk of Anita Pallenberg. Both Keith and Marianne loved her.

Beautiful pic...tenderness and memories shared between two old friends.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:10

Phil Good

Don't know if this was already posted.

Tweeted by Keith on 24-Oct-2017, 6:25pm CEST - [Twitter.com] :

"Loved seeing Marianne!"

Large version of this picture

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:25

Phil Good
Don't know if this was already posted. If so, sorry.

The picture was already posted a few days ago: [iorr.org]

But no need to apologize - this probably deserves its own thread!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:48

For what its worth, Marianne said in one of her books that (presumably in 1966) she actually 'slept' with Mick, Keith and Brian.
Not at the same time of course.
Keith was 'great'.
Brian was, well,er, Brian.
Mick: he had the best prospects, most likely to give her some stability to her life and son.
Decision made.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home