Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Paris show-2 France 22-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 23, 2017 10:42

This clip of ‘Angie’ does not even come 1% to what it actually sounded like-
I was so fortunate (my RS fate all makes sense now)
to be practically next to Mick as he sang this song.
His vocal has not changed an iota in 44 years.
I still say he retreats into mysterious Himalayan mountains to preserve.
[m.youtube.com]
Gorgeous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 10:44 by 35love.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 23, 2017 10:54

rockerparis
We have some more here with Mick Jagger in joyful mode like i've never seen him before

That pic look like they play on some sort of school reception in an attic.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 23, 2017 10:56

Thank you thank you for this outstanding close up recording
‘Hate To See You Go’
[m.youtube.com]
My favorite of the evening.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 23, 2017 11:46

Thank you guys and dolls for all the pictures and videos

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 12:33

I'm sitting here in my AirBnB having my croissants and coffee and reflecting on another great show, probably even better than Show 1. 3 things stood out about this show.

1. A much livelier crowd than on Thursday.

2. Keith was probably on his best form of the tour - that loud wailing guitar that we all love was all present and correct. Yea, a few goofs, but so what - it's always been the way. He was smiling throughout, clearly enjoying himself and I thought his voice sounded good for his 2 songs. He was clearly very touched by the affection he was shown prior to starting his slot.

3. The on stage interaction and camaraderie amongst everyone on stage was clear for all to see. They were all having fun and I loved Mick's drumming stint. Glad to see he's dropped his practice of throwing his T shirt into the crowd - it caused chaos at Show 1.

I Lucky dipped this show too and as per Show 1, I ended up in Fosse, standing far to the right, 3 rows from the front. The sound was perfect there, as gotdablouse haa already mentioned.

Again, though security was reassuringly OTT with both Police and Military armed to the teeth, queue organisation was a complete shambles. I arrived at the stadium at about 4.45 and there seemed to be 1 big queue for both Gates 32 & 33. No special separate Lucky Dip queue this time. We had to queue for 32 and it was unclear which that was.
I arrived at the LD desk, to be served by the same woman as Show 1 with the same result, this time the ticket was face up in a window envelope. She knew exactly what she was giving me for sure. Just in front of me, a very photogenic couple in the their 30s shrieked with joy, having clearly scored Pit. I think very little is random about Lucky Dips. The better looking and younger you are, even more so if you are female, the luckier you seem to be...

Nontheless, I had again gatecrashed the party and scored a good but not great viewing spot for £50GPB so no complaints from me. There were certainly more than just a few fellow Brits in the crowd, our home country passed over for over 4 years and the weekend date being very appealing.

I have Fosse Or for Show 3 and would normally queue up from early. But There seem to be a lot of early entry package people in Paris, making this tactic futile, so I might just turn up later this time and enjoy an extra day in Paris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 12:38 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 23, 2017 12:34

gotdablouse
Quique-stone
gotdablouse
..Oh and how often do you see Mick hitting Charlie's cymbals!
Please tell us more about this!

Well towards the end of a smashing and slashing SFM he went to stand behind Charlie's drums and next thing you know he's hitting that right cymbal (in time), maybe 4 or 5 times, don't recall seeing him ever do that?

I've written it before but these guys and their music are powerful, just raw energy! Best exemplified by Keith's terrifying guitar can't get enough of it!

Mick also hit the cymbals in Stockholm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 12:35 by Topi.

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: October 23, 2017 13:29

35love
Thank you thank you for this outstanding close up recording
‘Hate To See You Go’
[m.youtube.com]
My favorite of the evening.
Great!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 23, 2017 13:42

Bjorn
Fantastic setlist. Almost like Brixton -95.

thumbs up I like your joke

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 13:50

I can't remember seeing them having so much fun onstage as yesterday !
And it was my 53rd Stones gigs...

GREAT show !

Thank you guys !

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 23, 2017 13:53

Are they professionally filming Paris shows for future release as it's been rumoured?

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 23, 2017 14:10

I've seen a handycam camera man last night on left pit side, he wasn't there earlier. Filming crowd and big parts of songs. And there was an extra audience microphone.

Also, I noticed small automatic rotating stage cameras next to the lyric autocue screens since last Thursday. I can't remember seeing those in Copenhagen.

Well, that would be a nice bonus to the great Parisian concerts so far!!!

Date: October 23, 2017 14:17

grzegorz67

2. Keith was probably on his best form of the tour - that loud wailing guitar that we all love was all present and correct. Yea, a few goofs, but so what - it's always been the way. He was smiling throughout, clearly enjoying himself and I thought his voice sounded good for his 2 songs. He was clearly very touched by the affection he was shown prior to starting his slot.

Definitely not. I thought it was one of his laziest performances of this tour.
He didn’t even seem to bother to play a solo (like in Sympathy).

Good gig though, but I have the feeling they played their best shows before they hit Paris.

Date: October 23, 2017 14:24

BowieStone
grzegorz67

Definitely not. I thought it was one of his laziest performances of this tour.
He didn’t even seem to bother to play a solo (like in Sympathy).

Good gig though, but I have the feeling they played their best shows before they hit Paris.

A contradiction. A poor Keith always makes a poor Stones-show.

However, most of the reports I've read say that Keith did a good gig smiling smiley

Date: October 23, 2017 14:26

True. In the moments he had to ‘shine’, he didn’t.
But he went along in the ride pretty comfortable.

Date: October 23, 2017 14:36

BowieStone
True. In the moments he had to ‘shine’, he didn’t.
But he went along in the ride pretty comfortable.

Guitar solos again? winking smiley

No good solos? All of them were bad? He didn't manage to squeeze something good out of IORR, HTW, Slipping Away, SFTD, Gimmie Shelter or Satisfaction?

What about the riffs: JJF, TD, DWMD, YCAGWYW, PIB, HTW, Happy, MR, SFM, SMU, BS, GS, Satisfaction? Did he «go along for the ride pretty comfortable», or did he start and lead those songs rhythm-wise?

I'm asking, because I missed yesterday's show (unfortunately) AND because he did play all those solos and riffs on earlier shows – and it's kind of hard coasting along with the others when you start the songs, play the leading riff or the lead guitar smiling smiley

Date: October 23, 2017 14:47

He didn’t even attempt to play certain solos. Therefore I call it lazy.

Yes, he starts those songs, but let’s face it, the others take over and he follows.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 23, 2017 14:49

My executive summary:
- first checkpoint was fast and easy, but there were huge chaotic lines to get to the right arena entry point (the opposite of Thursday for both remarks)
- overflowing toilets and stalls that won't lock (and this was observed during the opening band!)
- one less merch point inside; impossible to buy a shirt unless you have 20 minutes to waste, even outside the venue; I left without buying the shirt I wanted
- awesome to hear Dancing w/ Mr. D!
- sorry folks, I think that SftD is a better opener than JJF, it just sets the mood right in a better way, it's darker and is a better way to open things up!
- band was great, I'm thinking they were a bit more "on" on Thursday. Also, Jagger seemed to struggle with the between-song banter at times.
- not a fan of the Arena U, won't be going there ever again unless it's the Stones

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 23, 2017 14:50

Date: October 23, 2017 14:56

Just want to add: I’m not a Keith basher. Love the guy.

Just thought he had better gigs this tour: especially Amsterdam & Arnhem.
And Paris #1 was better than Paris #2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 14:56 by BowieStone.

Date: October 23, 2017 14:59

BowieStone
He didn’t even attempt to play certain solos. Therefore I call it lazy.

Yes, he starts those songs, but let’s face it, the others take over and he follows.

Out of the 6 solos he was supposed to play, which ones didn't he even attempt to play?

I never thought you were a Keith-basher, BowieStone (I know you ain't). I'm just asking out of curiousity? .)

Date: October 23, 2017 15:09

Like in Sympathy. Normally he steps forward and attempts a solo.
Now he just went to the sides and barely played a note.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 23, 2017 15:22

Just before the Stones came on to play i had this overwhelming feeling that this was it, this was the last time i am ever going to see this band. I came over all emotional, i realized that these four men can't live forever and that i had always lived in a world where the Stones existed. Who knows, tonight and Wednesday really could be the last time.
I told myself i wasn't going to look for mistakes and pass judgments, i wasn't going to wish they played this song or that song, and i wasn't going to expect that this show was going to be any different or better than any of the other 12 shows this year.
What i was going to do was enjoy the show for what it is and for what they had to offer tonight.

Well, after all the negative things i heard about Keith and his playing i was a bit worried about what i was going to see and hear from him, and then there was all this talk of negative crowd responses at some gigs on this tour..
What i actually got from Keith on the second Paris gig was completely the opposite, he drove the music , he controlled the show, he was very confident and the crowd love him and he knows that too. He and Mick were magnificent on that stage, they really turned the clock back. Keith was far better than he was when i saw him in 07' and he was far better than Ronnie. I'm not just saying this out of favoritism, he just was better than Wood in every way last night.

I haven't heard Mick sing this well in years, his voice was so loud , amazing and much better as a singer now he has had to slow down his performance.
I thought it was a great setlist, the surprise when Keith kicked out JJF at the beginning was fantastic, and i loved the Stones version of Hate To See You, good loud guitars.
I was however disappointed that Keith didn't dry a different number on his set but he does what he does well and with no mistakes, hopefully something different from Keith in London next year.
I get the pit experience Wednesday so can take a closer look then and do a more detailed review.

One last thing, i didn't think the sound was particularly great at this arena, a bit booming but you get used to it after a few songs, either that or the sound guys sort it out.
Looking at Ronnie last night, i thought it suspicious he came out at the start in Hamburg so confident with all guns blazing, well what ever he had in his Porridge Oates for breakfast to give him such energy and focus is no longer working. Either that or he is just plain tired. Ronnie was the only disappointment is what was a great show imho. Its not that he played particularly poorly, its just how he played, it looked like hard work from him, like how Keith appeared at the beginning of this tour.
It didn't ruin the overall experience of seeing the Stones and i had a great time, fan's in Paris seem to genuinely love this band and they make it known. The atmosphere before during and after the show was lovely, hearing people crackling with excitement was impressive.
Ok roll on Wednesday, hopefully we get the whole band on fire and i can work out how to send a review..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 15:53 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 23, 2017 15:25

stone4ever
Just before the Stones came on to play i had this overwhelming feeling that this was it, this was the last time i am ever going to see this band. I came over all emotional, i realized that these four men can't live forever and that i had always lived in a world where the Stones existed. Who knows, tonight and Thursday really could be the last time.
I told myself i wasn't going to look for mistakes and pass judgments, i wasn't going to wish they played this song or that song, and i wasn't going to expect that this show was going to be any different or better than any of the other 12 shows this year.
What i was going to do was enjoy the show for what it is and for what they had to offer tonight.

Well, after all the negative things i heard about Keith and his playing i was a bit worried about what i was going to see and hear from him, and then there was all this talk of negative crowd responses at some gigs on this tour..
What i actually got from Keith on the second Paris gig was completely the opposite, he drove the music , he controlled the show, he was very confident and the crowd love him and he knows that too. He and Mick were magnificent on that stage, they really turned the clock back. Keith was far better than he was when i saw him in 07' and he was far better than Ronnie. I'm not just saying this out of favoritism, he just was better than Wood in every way last night.

I haven't heard Mick sing this well in years, his voice was so loud , amazing and much better as a singer now he has had to slow down his performance.
I thought it was a great setlist, the surprise when Keith kicked out JJF at the beginning was fantastic, and i loved the Stones version of Hate To See You, good loud guitars.
I was however disappointed that Keith didn't dry a different number on his set but he does what he does well and with no mistakes, hopefully something different from Keith in London next year.
I get the pit experience Thursday so can take a closer look then and do a more detailed review.

One last thing, i didn't think the sound was particularly great at this arena, a bit booming but you get used to it after a few songs, either that or the sound guys sort it out.
Looking at Ronnie last night, i thought it suspicious he came out at the start in Hamburg so confident with all guns blazing, well what ever he had in his Porridge Oates for breakfast to give him such energy and focus is no longer working. Either that or he is just plain tired. Ronnie was the only disappointment is what was a great show imho. Its not that he played particularly poorly, its just how he played, it looked like hard work from him, like how Keith appeared at the beginning of this tour.
It didn't ruin the overall experience of seeing the Stones and i had a great time, fan's in Paris seem to genuinely love this band and they make it known. The atmosphere before during and after the show was lovely, hearing people crackling with excitement was impressive.
Ok roll on Thursday, hopefully we get the whole band on fire and i can work out how to send a review..

Wednesday. smiling smiley

Nice review, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 15:31

BowieStone
rockerparis
We have some more here with Mick Jagger in joyful mode like i've never seen him before

That pic look like they play on some sort of school reception in an attic.

Now, it's Jagger who looks like David Johansen!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 23, 2017 15:34

Keith did really well. Some shaky intros, and he got a bit lost in BS at the beginning, but it was a pure joy to watch and hear him.

With Ronnie, I think he may be stressed by trying to support Keith (he seems to play some intro under Keith just in case). He may not feel as relaxed as usually.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 23, 2017 15:47

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Million thanks for the official setlist, the pics and videos you have posted last night! As always incredible job Cristiano!

And also thanks for the other cool and generous people that make all of us live it for awhile like we are at the show!

Cheers and long life to The Stones! smileys with beer

Date: October 23, 2017 15:49

Topi
gotdablouse
Quique-stone
gotdablouse
..Oh and how often do you see Mick hitting Charlie's cymbals!
Please tell us more about this!

Well towards the end of a smashing and slashing SFM he went to stand behind Charlie's drums and next thing you know he's hitting that right cymbal (in time), maybe 4 or 5 times, don't recall seeing him ever do that?

I've written it before but these guys and their music are powerful, just raw energy! Best exemplified by Keith's terrifying guitar can't get enough of it!

Mick also hit the cymbals in Stockholm.

Thanks, I didn't noticed it at Stockholm! Was it during SFM too?

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 23, 2017 15:50

Wednesday. smiling smiley

Nice review, thanks for sharing.

Yes lol Wednesday.

Date: October 23, 2017 15:56

Hairball
Quique-stone
Hairball
Great setlist - this seems to be an extra special show.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing JJF, the blues covers, Angie, Happy, and Midnight Rambler via youtube videos. thumbs up
[iorr.org]

Thank you! thumbs up

You are welcome!

Only missing a complete SFM for the whole show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 18:52 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: October 23, 2017 16:03

Just a few words about my impressions:
The Sunday Show was magnifique or how they say here. I LOVED IT! Never saw them in such a positive mode, Kidding each other, having Fun, going to the Limits. Keith nearly fell down trying to stand up after his solo on the knees during Slipping away, however he overcame that and was strongly touched of the crowds love for him. His daughter hugged him then behind charlies batterie.
What else:
Aurea Orga was still a Mess, What had worked on thursday was now organized differently but no better at all. For both shows i met people not reaching the zone/seats they paid for. Security was in a way uninformed about the general Setting.
Lucky Dip wirkend only Partly this tour: Lucca Prato A with blocked view (Never had that in 50+ shows),Düsseldorf general standing but Ok, Paris 2 pit access after fosse or on thursday. In my opinion if that was my last show it would be Ok. Thats a big difference compared to Indio for instance

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home