Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 50
Re: OT: Neil Young / Promise of the Real
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 9, 2019 07:03

In for all Vancouver and Seattle shows. Should be a good mix of tunes between the four nights. (Yeah, I'm an uberfan).

Elvis sitting in w/ Neil for Vancouver shows obviously possible, but can't count on it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 9, 2019 08:13

mosthigh
In for all Vancouver and Seattle shows. Should be a good mix of tunes between the four nights. (Yeah, I'm an uberfan).

Elvis sitting in w/ Neil for Vancouver shows obviously possible, but can't count on it.

Nice, and with the benefit of seeing the solo shows along with the full band/POTR shows - guaranteed to have an eclectic/extensive array of tunes being played.
With the Stones postponing, the thought briefly crossed my mind to make the journey north for one or two (or all) shows, but will have to settle for the live streams on the Archives!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:28

Hairball
mosthigh

Nice, and with the benefit of seeing the solo shows along with the full band/POTR shows - guaranteed to have an eclectic/extensive array of tunes being played.
With the Stones postponing, the thought briefly crossed my mind to make the journey north for one or two (or all) shows, but will have to settle for the live streams on the Archives!

hey hairball, maybe we can meet if you're coming to seattle. i can only afford 1 neil show at the paramount (i got night 2) both from a money & health stand point. trying to get ready to retire soon as work is getting to be too much.

Date: April 9, 2019 23:22

crholmstrom
Hairball
mosthigh

hey hairball, maybe we can meet if you're coming to seattle. i can only afford 1 neil show at the paramount (i got night 2) both from a money & health stand point. trying to get ready to retire soon as work is getting to be too much.

Would love to crholmstrom, but as I said the thought briefly crossed my mind... and then reality set in haha.
Last year was the 'Year of Neil' for me having seen him nine times in the span of less than two months (May and June), and that was less than a year ago so my cup still runneth over.......
If and when he makes his way back down here again though I'll be first in line! Meanwhile, enjoy the show and I'll look forward to watching the live streams from the comfort of home.

OT: Neil Young
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 9, 2019 23:30

Neil says there's a Crazy Horse record in the works:

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2019 06:39

Just scored a Eugene ticket. That was a maybe before Stones postponement. Still have a good 2 weeks in May. Eric Clapton X 3 in London, Al Dimeola i Lomdon then fly home and drive to see Neal night 2 in Sea, then Eugene and finally Bottlerock Festival.

Re: OT: Neil Young
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 10, 2019 08:36

bye bye johnny

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Cool! Great news!

11 new ones? Gonna be a double!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 08:37 by doitywoik.

Re: OT: Neil Young
Date: April 10, 2019 19:58

doitywoik
bye bye johnny

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Cool! Great news!

11 new ones? Gonna be a double!

thumbs up

Favorite tune from the Psychedelic Pill album was the marathon length Driftin' Back clocking in at 27:50...the transition from acoustic to full blown electric is euphoric.

Driftin' Back

And then Ramada Inn and Walk Like a Giant both at around 16 minutes in length....
If the 11 new ones are anywhere near this long, we might expect a five album set!

But - wondering what happened with all the other 'new'/unreleased Crazy Horse albums that are "in the can" and ready to be released....
Open the floodgates Neil and unleash them all!!!

Date: April 10, 2019 20:05

I got an idea for a Neil tour.

Three shows each stop. Neil Solo / Neil and Crazy Hose / Neil and POTR

OH....and have Elvis Costello open each show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 20:05 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 16:02

I still would like to see/hear a traveling Desert Trip. Stones, Who,Dylan, Neil ,Clapton, McCartney etc.

Date: April 12, 2019 00:10

chrism13
I still would like to see/hear a traveling Desert Trip. Stones, Who,Dylan, Neil ,Clapton, McCartney etc.

Instead of Desert Trip they could call it Second Mortage.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: April 12, 2019 19:28

This is on Netflix at the moment for any of you who haven't seen it:

CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG -- FIFTY BY FOUR

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 13, 2019 00:27

Thank you very much for all the information! This year I chose to go to Berlin Waldbühne instead of the Muse concert at the same date in Zurich... Hope to have a great time!

Date: April 13, 2019 01:32

calipachangero
Thank you very much for all the information! This year I chose to go to Berlin Waldbühne instead of the Muse concert at the same date in Zurich... Hope to have a great time!

good choice! Muse aren't bad & I have enjoyed them live but they are nowhere close to Neil & POTR musically. Neil is a legend & he's getting up there in age. Promise of the Real have recharged him. You will enjoy the show! smileys with beer

OT: Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Date: April 22, 2019 19:02

Some live clips from the studio - thanks to Rusted Moon.

[www.rusted-moon.com]

Date: April 22, 2019 19:12

Thanks bye bye johnny! thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 22, 2019 20:24

More Crazy Horse dates to come......that's always welcome news!

OT: Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Date: April 30, 2019 19:39

CRAZY HORSE PLAYBACK!: High in the Rockies

photo: dhlovelife

4-29-19

We just had the album playback! 11 new songs, ranging from 3 minutes to 14 minutes of music each, were played at full volume on our stereo system (powered by AYRE). We believe we have a great Crazy Horse album, one to stand alongside ‘Everybody Know’s this is Nowhere’, ‘Rust Never Sleeps’, Sleeps With Angels’, ‘Psychedelic Pill’ and all the others.

Untitled at this moment, our Crazy Horse album with Nils, Ralphie and Billy stands as one of the most diverse albums I have ever made and I can’t wait for you to hear it. That means there will be schedule changes and release date adjustments as this new album finds its release date in the early Fall of 2019, displacing older re-release projects!

Whatever label this brand new Crazy Horse album is on, it will be a proud moment for all involved, something we were not sure we would get to do. We did it though and it rocks! I am so thankful.

Recorded at 9200 feet elevation in the Rocky Mountains, with our old tube board, mics and equipment, J Hanlon and crew captured the master at 24/192 High Resolution for a wonderful listening experience and it did not disappoint as we cranked it up on a PONO player and let it go! A great dinner was served which we all enjoyed together, celebrating! Then we headed back to our homes around the country, happy to have done it, each one of us with our own copy.

Soon you will be hearing it too! We plan to tour in support of this album and hope to see you all there.

We all hope there will be more.
ny

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 30, 2019 20:03

Sounds great! Very exciting news.

Date: May 1, 2019 00:49

"We plan to tour in support of this album and hope to see you all there".

smiling smiley

Re: OT: Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 1, 2019 03:50

4-29-19
We all hope there will be more.
ny

Now that's the spirit! thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 2, 2019 12:54

i still wonder how pancho is doing. he rode the horse for a long time.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 2, 2019 17:04

crholmstrom

He's retired and doing ok, living in Hawaii.

Date: May 2, 2019 18:23

coloradocanyons
crholmstrom

He's retired and doing ok, living in Hawaii.

thanks for the info!

Date: May 2, 2019 23:09

Hairball

smiling smiley

If I remember right you saw Neil and Crazy Hose not to long ago and also Neil and POTR

If you had to pick one who would want to see him with again the most?

I did the Fox at Pomona and Desert Trip both with POTR and really liked POTR

Also saw Willie's outlaw tour last year and POTR was there.

Date: May 3, 2019 00:16

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball

smiling smiley

If I remember right you saw Neil and Crazy Hose not to long ago and also Neil and POTR

If you had to pick one who would want to see him with again the most?

I did the Fox at Pomona and Desert Trip both with POTR and really liked POTR

Also saw Willie's outlaw tour last year and POTR was there.

Just last year in May and June, w/Crazy Horse five times and w/POTR four times all in small theaters - starting on page ten of this thread it's all documented w/pics, etc.
I was also at both Fox Theater shows in Pomona and both Desert Trip weekends in '16.
Prior to that had seen Neil w/POTR once, w/Crazy Horse a dozen times (or more), and with other bands several times including CSNY.

But to answer your question, tough call...
You have the youthful energy of POTR vs. the legend that is Crazy Horse, and considering Neil will have a new album with Crazy Horse to tour with, I'd probably go for that if forced to pick one.
Hope he comes back my way soon, and whether it's solo, w/Crazy Horse, w/POTR, or with anyone...I'll be there.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: May 3, 2019 02:02

While I am not a country music fan, I've been listening to an amazing podcast called "Cocaine & Rhinestones." One of its episodes is on Doug and Rusty Kershaw. Turns out Rusty Kershaw was sort of the guiding shamanic spirit behind Neil Young's On the Beach record.

Here's a quote from Rusty regarding how he worked with Neil:

I said ‘Neil, when it’ll move me the most is the first time you play it. You’re gonna do it your very best then – and I can play it with you the first time. We only have to sit real close together.’ Neil said to me later ‘How in the hell do you know how to play this thing the first time I play it? You don’t know what I’m gonna do.’ I said ‘Neil, you carry a heavy vibe and if I’m sittin’ close to you, I can feel what you feel before you play. I know where you’re gonna go.’

Anyways, here's a link to the transcript and the podcast if anyone's interested in a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at how a classic NY album came to be:

[cocaineandrhinestones.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 3, 2019 04:42

I have 2 extras for sale or trade Bottlerock 5/25 with POTR if anyone interested.

OT: Neil Young
Date: May 10, 2019 22:18

Neil Young + Stray Gators
Tuscaloosa – Recorded Live in Alabama 1973 and Previously Unreleased
Available June 7th on Hi-Res Digital, CD, Vinyl and Digital

[wbr.lnk.to]

Listen to the song “Don’t Be Denied” from the upcoming release:

[wbr.lnk.to]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2019 23:22

LazarusSmith

Anyways, here's a link to the transcript and the podcast
[cocaineandrhinestones.com]

Thx, best thing I read this week! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home