Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

get yer ya yas: wheres the full set?
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:12

ok....just dreaming again...ya yas expanded edition with: gimme shelter...satisfaction....im free....under my thumb...prodigal son...you gotta move....COME ON BOYS YOU CAN DO IT

Re: get yer ya yas: wheres the full set?
Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:15

There's a bootleg on Ebay that's often for sale that's called 'F uck Yer Ya-Ya's Out !". Good sound quality, and it has the complete set. Get it if you find it.

Date: September 15, 2005 22:19

ROCKR...got f##k yer ya yas...basically same songs except for satifaction...best wishes

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:25

Took a look at the track listing on my copy....hmmmm, I guess you're right. Oh well, there's always 'Liver Than You'll Ever Be", even though it's Oakland Coliseum and not the Garden show.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:50

The question is: Did Mick record vocal overdubs on the missing tracks in 1970? If he did, then they're in the can and can be released. If not, they'd have to release his original vocals on the missing tracks alongside the re-recorded vocals on the previously released tracks. That would sound strange. Unless, of course, he wants to record new vocals for the missing tracks TODAY, singing on top of backing tracks that are 36 years old. That would sound even stranger. But you know what? Roger Daltrey did just that on one track on the Deluxe version of Live At Leeds, doing a 2002 studio overdub on a 1970 live recording!

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:56

I'd settle for a release of the Altamont show, culled from the Maysles' tapes.

Karl

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 15, 2005 23:57

bands that overdub are bands with no confidence, sorry mick

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 16, 2005 01:07

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bands that overdub are bands with no confidence,
> sorry mick

Basically, yes.
But sometimes there are technical anomalities which simply require an overdub to make the material releasable. For example - if the performance is tight, but the vocal track has distortion, microphone pops, unwanted noise like cable buzz etc. - just to name a few - what else can you do if you want to release a certain concert recording?

I'm sure the reason why Daltrey recorded an overdub recently for the Leeds Deluxe is that a certain track was not up to par, may it be technical anomalities or simply a problem with his voice on the original recording. Even professional musicians make mistakes sometimes. Sometimes mistakes can be tolerated, but sometimes not - if you miss a line or if your voice was killed during the encore, after a two hour plus performance. Do you really want to hear a @#$%&-up voice just for reasons of historical correctness? I prefer a decent overdub anytime.

The only thing is that overdubs may be used to correct certain technical or even musical mistakes here and there, but should not be used to an extent where they nearly replace the original concert recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-16 01:10 by retired_dog.

Date: September 16, 2005 01:28

nice post retired dog....i cant even tell the overdubs...they probably pass by in the blink of an eye anyway...either way, ya yas rules!!!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 16, 2005 04:47

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nice post retired dog....i cant even tell the
> overdubs...they probably pass by in the blink of
> an eye anyway...either way, ya yas rules!!!

Right, Ya Yas rules. It's my favourite live album. I grew up with it. Will be in my heart forever.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 16, 2005 08:15

All official release live albums have overdubs. All of them.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: September 16, 2005 08:58

liver than youll ever be

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home