Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
She's so cold
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:35

[youtu.be]

BV, please delete this if someone else has posted, but This is so fun. They are clearly not prepared to play this song. Mick even mentioned, “sure we shouldn’t do something else.” About halfway through the song Ronnie and Keith are playing different parts of the song (sounds good), Charlie and Derrick are in a grove somewhere and Mick is floating around all three. Mick pulls all 5 of them together and pulls the song back together. Like I said, fun to watch.

Re: She's so cold
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:40

I agree that he should have done one of the others.
Although don't like this song, it sounded much better than I expected. And, well, they rehearsed it in the afternoon (at least that's what I was told)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:44

@Bob C. - sounds like a polite way to call it a trainwreck lol.
But yes it was fun to watch. thumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:49

I didn't get the feeling it was a trainwreck. But I didn't watch the video but I was at the show

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:57

Bob C.
[youtu.be]

BV, please delete this if someone else has posted, but This is so fun. They are clearly not prepared to play this song. Mick even mentioned, “sure we shouldn’t do something else.” About halfway through the song Ronnie and Keith are playing different parts of the song (sounds good), Charlie and Derrick are in a grove somewhere and Mick is floating around all three. Mick pulls all 5 of them together and pulls the song back together. Like I said, fun to watch.

????

That’s exactly how the song goes!

C

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:26

Fun to watch?!>!???? Excellent performance, enjoyed it, they played it as it should be played, excellent

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:32

Didn't hear anything wrong with this song during the concert in the Gelderdome.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:39

Great song, that for some reason has never clicked live. The intro live doesn't really make it. Yes, this one has ALL the earmarks of the ever more frequent "Trainwreck", mentioned above.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:56

Bob C.
[youtu.be]

Who is Derrick? Is he some hidden guitar player under the stage only you know about?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:55

Sounds all right to me

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 17, 2017 03:31

TheBlockbuster
Bob C.
[youtu.be]

Who is Derrick? Is he some hidden guitar player under the stage only you know about?

And what are they doing in a grove? What do they grow there, oranges? Why aren't they in an orchard?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2017 03:34

Bob C.,
I agree,
GREAT FUN!
Loved it!
More songs from the back pocket, please!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 17, 2017 04:07

Thrylan
Great song, that for some reason has never clicked live. The intro live doesn't really make it. Yes, this one has ALL the earmarks of the ever more frequent "Trainwreck", mentioned above.

Didn't think this one was a trainwreck, but I agree that it never has hit that ultra status live... probably because the studio version has gotta be one of the best examples of Keith & Ronnie and their "ancient form of weaving".

Notice they're riffing chords live whereas the studio cut really shines with such a groove because it's tons of slick pickin'... live it comes off a bit muddy or somethin'...

One of my favorite Stones tracks ever though, and glad to have seen it live in the past!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 04:08

Eh, I honestly don't hear much wrong with this one. Sounded pretty tight compared to some other songs.

If anything, Mick seems to be the one struggling, or he's at least agitated about something onstage.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 04:09

TKinOH
Thrylan

Didn't think this one was a trainwreck, but I agree that it never has hit that ultra status live... probably because the studio version has gotta be one of the best examples of Keith & Ronnie and their "ancient form of weaving".

Notice they're riffing chords live whereas the studio cut really shines with such a groove because it's tons of slick pickin'... live it comes off a bit muddy or somethin'...

One of my favorite Stones tracks ever though, and glad to have seen it live in the past!
Not even close to a trainwreck! They'll never get that glorious dry "clicking" style distortion live, but this was a damn solid performance.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 17, 2017 04:29

Hairball

Train wreck?.......this is the mother of all...........brilliant.... [www.youtube.com] ..........>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:00

Bob C.
[youtu.be]

Who's Derrick?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:49

EddieByword
Hairball

Train wreck?.......this is the mother of all...........brilliant.... [www.youtube.com] ..........>grinning smiley<

Ahhh yes the good old days. winking smiley

While it might have started off just a little bit shakey lol, once it gets back on track it's a cranking punk rockin' stomper full steam ahead! drinking smileyhot smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:18

He means Darryl Jones,
the bass player since 1993.

‘C-C-C-Cold and when I touch her my hand just froze!
Who would believe you were a beauty indeed when the nights get longer
(forgot next line) night fades and the rain comes nobody will know...’

C’mon man this is a classic I heard the audience matching Mick the whole time.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 08:11

One of the Highlights of the show in Arnhem. hot smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 17, 2017 09:50

"Never clicked live"?? Arnhem version was fantástic, and the 81-82 versions were effin' brilliant MoFo's...

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 17, 2017 10:06

The song was very good in Porto, during ABB tour (2006), too. And, judging by bootlegs, it usually worked and still works (Arnhem) very well live.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 17, 2017 10:11

,...fine song....greats guitars studio and live...

Date: October 17, 2017 10:36

liddas
Bob C.
[youtu.be]

????

That’s exactly how the song goes!

C

Yeah, I didn't get that, either. They played it flawlessly, but Mick was kinda lost singing-wise a few times.

A very good version, especially the guitars!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 10:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 10:37

It wasn’t too bad. Mick seemed prepared for the worst (I guess I was too)...only Ronnie played with any confidence...and if I didn’t know better I’d say that Keith looks like a retired tradesman who has recently taken up the guitar – it’s not half bad really but it all looks kinda surreal.

Date: October 17, 2017 10:53

Swayed1967
It wasn’t too bad. Mick seemed prepared for the worst (I guess I was too)...only Ronnie played with any confidence...and if I didn’t know better I’d say that Keith looks like a retired tradesman who has recently taken up the guitar – it’s not half bad really but it all looks kinda surreal.

Keith played with confidence, too. No hesitation there, neither on the rhythm playing or his lead licks.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:22

You guys must be kidding. It sounds great!

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: October 17, 2017 12:22

The videos I watched - it sounded fantastic!! I'd have taken this instead of Sweet Virginia at Stockholm

Date: October 17, 2017 12:32

Only shaky one is Mick who seems to looking down left for the lyric monitor constantly. You can see him loading up for the next verse "Oh it's the ice cream cone verse.."

smiling smileyRe: She's so cold
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 13:08

Sounded good to my ears , the Stones to me are in the groove and after the first couple shows are picking up steam and firing on all cylinders .Sure it's not 1972 but they are functioning as a proper band should and both Ronnie and Keith are putting in fine performances .See the thing for fans is that the Stones need a few shows under there belts to get there sea legs so to speak and then it's let's have a party .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home