Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New B-Sides Collection
Posted by: wtravis6565 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 16:51

Anybody hear anything about this? Tracklisting, etc.? I've read that it's due out in November.

Re: New B-Sides Collection
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 15, 2005 16:59

This was a rumour. Denied by the record company.

Date: September 15, 2005 18:06

How do you explain the recent Virgin press release submitted to Ice Magazine and the New York Times, then?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 15, 2005 18:09

can you copy and paste it? I'd be interested to see it, as well as when it was published

The rarities collection was confirmed as "not happening" several weeks ago

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 15, 2005 18:09

Hope this is true!

C

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:11

wtravis6565 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you explain the recent Virgin press release
> submitted to Ice Magazine and the New York Times,
> then?

What do you mean with 'recent'? A couple of hours, days ago? Or weeks, months?

Date: September 15, 2005 19:24

"Recent" meaning less than "several" weeks ago.

This is from Ice Magazine, dated 15 August:

As years go by: If there’s a new Rolling Stones tour (and there is, commencing August 21 in Boston), there’s bound to be a new album. There will be, come September 6, when Virgin lets off A Bigger Bang. The 16-cut set, produced by Jagger and Richards with Don Was (Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon) is the band’s first set of new recordings since 1997’s Bridges. The full tunestack is as follows: "Rough Justice," "Let Me Down Slow," "It Won’t Take Long," "Rain Fall Down," "Streets of Love," "Back of My Hand," "She Saw Me Coming," "Biggest Mistake," "This Place Is Empty" (Keith Richards vocal), "Oh No, Not You Again," "Dangerous Beauty," "Laugh, I Nearly Died," "Sweet Neo Con," "Look What the Cat Dragged In," "Driving Too Fast" and "Infamy" (Keith vocal). Some tracks feature just Jagger, Richards and drummer Charlie Watts, though Ron Wood and veteran Stones accompanists Chuck Leavell and Darryl Jones also play on the album, on keyboards and bass respectively. As the Stones’ tour rolls out, so will additional hard goods: in the fall a deluxe edition of A Bigger Bang likely to include extra tracks, remixes and videos, and in November a rarities disc of B-sides and Virgin album cuts, to be sold at retail and the ever-ready Starbucks.

Date: September 15, 2005 19:28

15 August

I would imagine Ice went to press before it was confirmed that such a release wasnt happening

Date: September 15, 2005 19:30

True enough, but the Times reported it in early September.

Anyway, just checking on an update. Where is the article/press release from Virgin saying they denied this release?

Date: September 15, 2005 19:32

(edited due to double post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-15 19:34 by Gazza.

Date: September 15, 2005 19:32

I was told in August by a source on these sites with excellent contacts to Virgin in Holland that it wasnt happening

Guess theres no need for a press release to deny something that wasnt confirmed to begin with

maybe the NY Times took their source from an outdated story? I dont know

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-15 19:35 by Gazza.

Date: September 15, 2005 19:34

LOL! Gazza

We should know the truth next month, I'd imagine.

Date: September 15, 2005 19:36

sorry if my above post seemed flippant - it wasnt the intention

yeah, it'd be a nice release to have for sure

Posted by: Doug O ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:50

Maybe Virgin denied this was being released because A Bigger Bang hadn't come out yet and they wanted to market 1 cd at a time. Why would Billboard have reported it if it wasn't true. Hopefully, it will still come out.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 15, 2005 20:33

I will never understand why Virgin does not release a collection of post 71 singles (including b sides and stuff) as Decca did with the london years.

The only brillant idea that came Virgin marketing division was to issue the collectors edition remastered series.

The remasters stank (although light years better than the CBS versions), but the fan (me) bought them.

A part from that, they re-issued the old greatest hits (rewind, sucking, made in the shades); they re-issued Jump Back an almost new greatest hits collection in a different pack (!); and the event-release 40 licks (i.e. hot rocks + jump back + 4 alost decent new trax) Enough is enough: I did not buy the cd versions of sucking and shades (already have the LPs) i did not buy rewind, i was given jump back as a present (as if I needed a collection). I did buy 40L on e-bay for 4USD, only for the 4 new trax (ripped off once again 1 $ a track, o.1 more expensive than i.tunes)

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home