Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Future Of The Stones
Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 08:36

I am definitely enjoying this album and tour like it is the last, whether it is or not, but I wonder. What do you all think is the future of the Stones? I think they will put out two more albums and go on two more tours, in '08-'09 and '11-'12. Just to make it an even 50 years and piss off their critics who have been saying they are too old for 30 years.

Charlie said something like "if they like the way we did this album (back to the basics), we'll do another just like it." Sounds like they are not done to me. I love A Bigger Bang, and I want more. Ditch Don Was, get T Bone Burnett, and do a really rootsy grungy bluesy album that will sit well alongside Exile!

Re: The Future Of The Stones
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 15, 2005 08:39

I want more too! And I'm sure we'll get more as well!

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: September 15, 2005 08:41

Enjoy 'A Bigger Bang'....that's it!! THE END.

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 15, 2005 09:17

They will continue until the day comes when one of the core three - Mick, Keith or Charlie - becomes too ill and slowed down by age to perform. Then THAT will finally be it. I don't care what anyone says - they will never continue without one of those core three.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 09:20

RockR's right. It ends when one of the three Stones says it ends or can't go on.
But who knows when that'll be? I wouldn't bet against 'em. They're tough old bastards.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2005 11:02

They really haven't done a "predominantly blues" album yet... look for that next, IMO... plus it fits where they are heading age-wise.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: September 15, 2005 11:08

It's the only thing i've been waiting for Creedence... an old style blues delta blues album from the Stones... and a Keith Richards balladeers album.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 15, 2005 11:22

One more kick-ass rock album before its time for the blues pensioneering.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 15, 2005 18:39

Yes, Ditch Don Was!

I think we'll either get another album relatively soon, as happened after Voodoo tour, or we'll get another in 5-8 years, as happened after Bridges tour.

And it all depends on whether Jagger wants to do a solo project or if he's inspired to work with Charlie and Keith..

I do hope Bill makes a return to the fold, at least in studio and if only for a few tracks, although Jagger's learning the right sound himself.

Jagger's the boss now and he calls the shots. It would be nice if they could open the studio vibe up to some tasty guest musicians, a la Dirty Work, Exile, Black and Blue and Let It Bleed. Get some old friends back, even Preston on a track or two. Mick T would be too much to expect though.

Jagger will keep recording - lets hope its with Stones and friends, (and without Don Was!).

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 15, 2005 18:42

It never takes long for someone to mention bringing back Wyman, Taylor et all!! There's more chance of keith growing his hair back.

And I think Jagger would rather chew his own arm off than record a solely blues album....

Date: September 15, 2005 19:00

I think you are right on the second count - too retro by far - and jagger looks forward, (keeps on walking). Nice if they'd at least do a cover song, not necessarily Blues ofcourse.

I think there's always a chance Wyman might guest in the studio - but I don't think Mr T will get a look-in.

More likely is that Taylor or Jagger guest on a Wyman record.

(Don't forget that Taylor did guest on Talk Is Cheap, so no bad blood there).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:03

A blues album wont sell. Anyone who thinks that the Stones are going to set their ego to the side, forget about money and record an album that they know will sell poorly is deluding themselves

It a nice idea but it'll never happen.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:12

not even sure it's a nice idea anymore - been done to death.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:12

Mick of course did record a blues album - w/ the Red Devils, & decided to put out "Wandering Spirit" instead. I don't know why everyone hates Was - VL thru ABB, each album is quite different from the others, most clearly B2B (lots of guests & collaborators, experimenting w/ current styles) & ABB (core Stones) . And if Ron was to leave there would NOT be a Taylor return, nor would anybody become a 'new' Stone. He's as much a Rolling Stone as anybody - certainly as much as Brian or Mick T.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:14

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:59 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:41

Enjoy the present... Don't stop think about ...next concert! Tomorrow? Who knows. Will see...

Date: September 15, 2005 20:17

if Jagger's in control, then he sounds a bit bored by it, according to the interview in Rolling Stone...he stated he didn't want to do a big tour, and that he loses interest after the first several shows...so they'll put another DVD out (I hope) like 40 Flicks...Mick will take on more film projects...Ronnie will record with Rod, maybe do a record...Keith, who knows? Another wino record...
by all this time Charlie will be 67, and if a RS tour comes up again will probably do it...he doesn't want to let them down.
DR

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 15, 2005 20:32

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 05:00 by cirrhosis.

Date: September 15, 2005 22:07

johnr,

Ofcourse Ronnie is a Stone. I'm not opening that can of worms - just saying a more relaxed approach with a few special guests would be nice. Imagine!

Bridges had relatively little Don Was. IMO his production helped ruin Voodoo, and the bass an drums are too high and loud on this one. But I notice (I think) that on ABB he's not the only producer. Will check again.

Whatever happened to the good old Glimmers?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:08

A Bigger Bang is produced by the Glimmers along with Was.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:09

CreedenceLives Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They really haven't done a "predominantly blues"
> album yet... look for that next, IMO... plus it
> fits where they are heading age-wise.

That's what I've been waiting for. I'd like to hear that. Not stripped!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:10

Gazza Wrote:
> A blues album wont sell. Anyone who thinks that
> the Stones are going to set their ego to the side,
> forget about money and record an album that they
> know will sell poorly is deluding themselves
>
> It a nice idea but it'll never happen.

Well I wouldn't say 100% blues... but a few more blues tracks on it... say 5 blues and 5 rock and a couple "easy fillers".

Eric Clapton released his "back to the roots" and "riding with the king", and I think those injected fresh interest in his music...

The key is that these bands don't have to SELL ALBUMS... they make the lions share of their money TOURING... so if they come up with a fresh concept it excites the core fans while the "general public" will come to hear the warhorses, so commercially it's a win-win IMO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-15 22:55 by CreedenceLives.

Date: September 15, 2005 22:14

Well, imo, they can't better what they've already done, mainly in 60s. So, you could make your own compilation. Not that i'm suggesting we start writing our ideal Stones blues compilation.......!

But it would have to include: If You Need Me.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:16

Hahaha, I'm laughing my ass of. "This'll be the last album". Every album's been the last album since 1985.

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:28

Who do these guys model themselves after ? Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker. What did they do ? Performed until the day they dropped or, in the case of Wolf, became too ill to perform. What will the Stones do ? The same thing. Case closed.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:43

I met Don Was and Keith outside Ocean Way Studio in June on the final night of mxing the album. I asked Don if anything on a A Bigger Bang originated in the Paris 2002 sessions and he said that none of the ABB songs are from those sessions. I then asked him if anything will come from all those songs and he told me, sounding pretty certain, something to the effect of "Oh yeah, they will come out".

It seems that there is some type of plan to put out unreleased recordings but who knows whether this would be a box set covering decades or if Don meant that those songs could pop up on the next Stones studio album. It does seem clear though that the band currently plans to keep releasing music in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-15 22:45 by Halup.

Date: September 15, 2005 23:40

I think there will be a live album of this tour...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2005 00:51

The Future Of The Stones...Just keep lovin' 'em to the day ya buckle...!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: September 16, 2005 01:10

Time is no longer on thier side. I predict either kieth or ronnie will not see the sun set on 2010

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 16, 2005 01:22

Captain Jack Sparrow Wrote:
> Time is no longer on thier side. I predict either
> kieth or ronnie will not see the sun set on 2010

Killjoy!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home