Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MSG reviews & She Saw Me Coming on radio
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 14, 2005 18:45

People have likely seen the NY Times review, but I'd add that the review in the NY Daily News - posted on Shidoobee - is surprisingly excellent. Check it out! A couple thoughts, I find it amazing that BOMH was reportedly used as a 'piss break' for many last night. True? It was a raw, powerful highlight at the 2 shows I saw, & if true no wonder they're not playing more than 4 ABB songs. Also astonishing how many people are calling the warhorses highlights - because us hardcore types want less predictable fare by nature (having seen gads of shows over the years) & because the group somehow manages to still connect with, & find new life in these songs (JJF, IORR, etc) - I know I was surprised how shaken 'n' stirred I felt during some of these. Also, supposedly Keith minus his spectacles mis-read "Shattered" & started "Satisfaction" - true? If so, I can't imagine this flexibility on say the '89-90 shows (or some other recent tours), where the Keybs & video synchs gave a slightly 'canned' feel to some of the performances. There is risky (or for some, annoying) sloppiness, technical & human glitches we've seen & read about, Mick repeating/forgetting verses, the guitars wandering off course or being less than telepathic - yet this also suggests a certain spontaneity (& they seem mostly up to the challenge of pulling it back together) that brings pre-89 tours to mind.
So, Mick intro'd Ron as "Ronnie 'Rehab' Wood" - I hope this is a sign of relaxation & confidence & humor, not a dig - anyone from last night have a sense of Mick's tone there? Finally (?) I heard WBOS twice since yesterday play "a new one from the Rolling Stones" (after RJ sort of petered out - did they recognize all the requests were me trying to alter my voice?) - "She Saw Me Coming" - is this the new US 'single' (or whatever they call an album track the label's now pushing at radio)? It sounded hot on my crappy car radio. With the group doing US gigs thru March '06, my guess is they will slowly change/add some of the new songs. Especially as they return to some of the same cities in January. And finally (again!) I doubt they simply skipped a song - as they played 22, & that's the most they've done at any other show thus far.

Re: MSG reviews & She Saw Me Coming on radio
Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 14, 2005 21:04

I think She Saw Me Coming is probably their best bet for another single, although I said before that Dan. Beauty and LWTCDI and even Biggest Mistake are all contenders too. They at least deserve to be somewhat of a single, like I Go Wild or Almost Hear You Sigh.

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: September 15, 2005 00:27

I think Rain Fall Down is suppose to be next single - but I agree She saw me coming will likely be pushed on rock radio. Rain isn't a true rocker more mainstream.

Posted by: fv ()
Date: September 15, 2005 01:53

John,

To answer your question about Mick's introduction of Ronnie "Rehab" Wood,I was there and I thought it was a joke and maybe even meant as a compliment to Wood's recent success in this area.

On the other hand, my friend thought it was a dig. So I guess I didn't answer the question at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home