Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18
Re: Barcelona Spain 27-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 28, 2017 23:09

It does appear like he’s sitting down there. But my God, players 20 years younger with bad backs sometimes need to get off their feet.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 28, 2017 23:28

@#$%& hell, people.
Quit over-analyzing and enjoy these shows.
They are like diamonds and great memories...rare and fleeting.

This pic was taken a few nights ago...Pete Townshend

Cool down, people.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 28, 2017 23:29

stone4ever
Maindefender
stone4ever
Socrates1
stone4ever
Has anyone got any footage evidence of Keith sitting down.
This would be upsetting if true, i hope someone is taking care of Keith, hope he has his wife and family with him.

That's what I mean, it just has an upsetting tone about it. I'm sure Keith is fine, he looks good. Probably when you're his age, one or two extra drinks could change the complexion of your playing quite substantially. Because why was Zurich so great?

Yes that's right Socrates, i think if Keith is having a few too many drinks before going on stage some nights to calm his nerves, we will see varying levels of performance from him.

At 74 i just think he is too old to get away with it, playing and health wise.

There were flashes of brilliance from him yesterday on a few song's , Slipping Away was so emotionally charged after his standing ovation from the crowd that it nearly brought me to tears, it was like he was really slipping away, his voice so fragile and heartfelt, yet full of powerful emotion at the same time. Nonetheless i felt like he had gone backwards in effort and performance when compared to the two previous show's.

Knowing Keith he might come out firing on all cylinders at the Amsterdam gig.
I certainly hope so.

Keith drinking before the show to calm his nerves? Really??

What do you mean 'REALLY' ?

Of course a 74 year old man with arthritis will get nervous before facing 60 thousand people ?

Or ''Its Keith'', he don't get nerves ?

Or do you mean, hey its Keith !! of course he has had a few drinks ?

Or do you mean something else.

Really as in "Keith Richards really is drinking to excess before shows on this tour to calm his nerves to the point where it is hampering his performance on stage? The guy who wants to "die" on stage desires to finish his live performances with the greatest rockn' roll band with an excessive drinking problem?" Really you got to be kidding........

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2017 23:32

MelBelli
It does appear like he’s sitting down there. But my God, players 20 years younger with bad backs sometimes need to get off their feet.
Yeah much ado about nothing I suppose...just seemed a bit out of character when I first read it last night.
One of the funnest shows I've ever seen was Solomon Burke opening for the Stones in '02 - he walked out on stage wearing a huge robe fit for a king, then sat on a giant throne throughout the entire show!

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 28, 2017 23:33

I'm not totally worried about Keith. I'm not even really worried about him at all. I just thought he was sitting down for a whole song or two, the way I was reading whatever was being written here. I'm on iorr again. This place can be addictive. I wish I could play guitar as good as Keith does now. I obviously have no business telling Keith Richards how to adjust his amp settings. The ego again. The internet brings this stuff out of everybody. People on the internet, enjoy your day.......

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 29, 2017 00:39

corriecas
raphph
stone4ever
powerage78
Rocks off, Mick reaction eye popping smiley

[www.youtube.com]

I wonder why Mick looked pissed off when Keith kicked off Rocks Off.

Thought Keith nailed the intro, but then wobbled after Mick glared at him.

Mick was supposed to introduce the vote songs on the screen and Keith completely cut him off

Mick sure looks angry and pissed off with Keith. WW4 to start maybe??
Jeroen

He doesn't really look angry, he's more like "what the heck, come on guys, stick to he plan !". Not sure it's because of that but he seemed to have completely forgotten the lyrics in the beginning and had to turn to the screen for each line.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: September 29, 2017 01:16

@bv
like your rewievs....
was in hamburg and barcelona in the filter pit.
agree all your positive feelings about all shows and Im only absolutly greatfull, because of seeing the stones shows and fantastic emotions. great great job. thank u, thank uuuuu, so much. and you all are from another planet, speciall mick.
one love.
it`s a feeling...
Don`t understand any discussion about, mick or keith is so or so or playing/singing wrong.
what a bullshit. respect... please.....
for me, i would go to every gig, if they would only sing/play 2 1/2 hour christmess songs, or so....

one love

Heinz, Germany

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 29, 2017 01:31

Kurt
@#$%& hell, people.
They are like diamonds and great memories...rare and fleeting.

Cool down, people.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 29, 2017 01:45

Kurt
@#$%& hell, people.

It is to the point of ridiculous, like a bunch of clucking hens.

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: September 29, 2017 01:50

speciell in this case, i would like those clucking hens...
there it give`s no point....

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 29, 2017 03:23

cellphone-wise this tour has been a nightmare. finally, a cellphone with decent sound. 2017 is not the tragedy that some cellphones appear to have captured, but keith could go back to what he did during the 2012 shows to appease mick. keith doesn't need to pose and mick doesn't need bum notes.

[www.youtube.com]

it's only rock n roll, which is why sh*t matters.

Date: September 29, 2017 03:24

We need to establish complaint free zones. Can we do that? It starts with one thread with no complaints.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 03:25 by Socrates1.

Date: September 29, 2017 03:26

sundevil
cellphone-wise this tour has been a nightmare. finally, a cellphone with decent sound. 2017 is not the tragedy that some cellphones appear to have captured, but keith could go back to what he did during the 2012 shows to appease mick. keith doesn't need to pose and mick doesn't need bum notes.

[www.youtube.com]

it's only rock n roll, which is why sh*t matters.

Cool, nice sound, thanks! smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 29, 2017 05:04

This show was simply stunning and extremely powerful.
Raw rock and roll at its best.

Nate

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 29, 2017 05:35

Socrates1
We need to establish complaint free zones. Can we do that? It starts with one thread with no complaints.

Here? You must be joking.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 29, 2017 05:35

double-post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 05:36 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 29, 2017 10:29

I queued up all day and was in the mad scramble for early entry to Pista A. We were herded around like cattle for over an hour, continually moved from one holding pen to another with lots of running in between. Security was not particularly rigorous.
When finally inside, I couldn't decide between the end of the catwalk or at the sides and in the end opted for the end of the catwalk where I got 2nd row behind the early entry folks. I stood at the same spot at Oslo in May 2014 on 14OF with our very own DP, who I'd only met the night before at a Stones Tribute Band and I remember it being a great viewing spot. In fact I preferred it to bring in the pit as I was at Stockholm on the same tour as you can see the whole stage. Mick comes down the catwalk a lot and I got some great close up photos.

Excellent show with some great people all around to enjoy it with - my neighbours were Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. Southern European Audiences are simply fantastic and create great excitement with all these Ole Ole chants. Ronnie' side of the pit seemed sparsely filled - did they fill the gaps with Lucky Dippers or people from Pista A does anyone know?

My lifetime 23rd Rolling Stones show and a great memory. Got speaking with loads of different nationalities in the queue all day - a lovely family from Stuttgart who's cycled to the show and French, Polish, Greek and Dutch fans too. I was interviewed by a Spanish TV company about how far I'd travelled etc

I too thought it was odd that they charged straight into Rocks Off without announcing that it was the Fan Vote winner, what was that all about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 10:29 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 29, 2017 11:33

grzegorz67
I queued up all day and was in the mad scramble for early entry to Pista A. We were herded around like cattle for over an hour, continually moved from one holding pen to another with lots of running in between. Security was not particularly rigorous.
When finally inside, I couldn't decide between the end of the catwalk or at the sides and in the end opted for the end of the catwalk where I got 2nd row behind the early entry folks. I stood at the same spot at Oslo in May 2014 on 14OF with our very own DP, who I'd only met the night before at a Stones Tribute Band and I remember it being a great viewing spot. In fact I preferred it to bring in the pit as I was at Stockholm on the same tour as you can see the whole stage. Mick comes down the catwalk a lot and I got some great close up photos.

Excellent show with some great people all around to enjoy it with - my neighbours were Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. Southern European Audiences are simply fantastic and create great excitement with all these Ole Ole chants. Ronnie' side of the pit seemed sparsely filled - did they fill the gaps with Lucky Dippers or people from Pista A does anyone know?

My lifetime 23rd Rolling Stones show and a great memory. Got speaking with loads of different nationalities in the queue all day - a lovely family from Stuttgart who's cycled to the show and French, Polish, Greek and Dutch fans too. I was interviewed by a Spanish TV company about how far I'd travelled etc

I too thought it was odd that they charged straight into Rocks Off without announcing that it was the Fan Vote winner, what was that all about?

smileys with beer

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: September 29, 2017 12:35

More Stones videos in Barcelona [www.youtube.com]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 29, 2017 13:16

About Ronnie's side of the pit mentioned by grzegorz67, the procedure was chaotic and ended up causing a near riot. Entry to the pit was on Ronnie's side but security forced everyone over on to Keith's side and wouldn't allow anyone to stay on Ronnie's side. So Keith's side was full and they only let people into Ronnie's side after the warm-up band had started. This was after they had let us in twice, only for everyone to be sent back out again. People understandably got angry at the disorganised way in which it was being handled and things started to get ugly. Luckily no one got hurt in the end but it could easily have happened. So that's why Ronnie's side of the pit was relatively empty, for a while at least. Hope things will be better organised in Amsterdam.

Date: September 29, 2017 13:51

Beast
About Ronnie's side of the pit mentioned by grzegorz67, the procedure was chaotic and ended up causing a near riot. Entry to the pit was on Ronnie's side but security forced everyone over on to Keith's side and wouldn't allow anyone to stay on Ronnie's side. So Keith's side was full and they only let people into Ronnie's side after the warm-up band had started. This was after they had let us in twice, only for everyone to be sent back out again. People understandably got angry at the disorganised way in which it was being handled and things started to get ugly. Luckily no one got hurt in the end but it could easily have happened. So that's why Ronnie's side of the pit was relatively empty, for a while at least. Hope things will be better organised in Amsterdam.

That's bizarre and glad to hear no-one got hurt. The pit wasn't sold out by yesterday morning and I wondered if they were forcing all ticket holders into Keith's side so that they could fill Ronnie's side with Luxky Dippers and people in the The front corner of Ronnie's side. But of course those who've shelled out full price for Pit ticket deserve preferential treatment.

Looking through a Forrest of raised arms holding mobiles is an accepted part of going to shows nowadays but a new phenomenon is people huddling together for selfies with their backs to the stage whilst the band is playing, creating a human wall and viewing obstruction for everyone behind them. The people in front of me were frequently doing exactly that, particularly in the latter part of the show when Mick was making frequent forays down the catwalk. They also happened to be 6 foot tall plus. Profoundly ignorant, inconsiderate and selfish behaviour.
We only had one instance of someone charging his way to the front and barging everyone out of the way but security was informed and they charged into the crowd and removed him. There were a handful of fights in the crowd that I could see.

At the risk of sounding like a crusty old curmudgeon, I think there may be a case for banning alcohol sales inside stadia at concerts, football style as it often leads to violence, especially on hot days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 14:06 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 29, 2017 15:55

Sorry if it's been mentioned somewhere and I missed it but:
Did Mick or Keith mention anything about the Catalan situation -
the referendum controversy and related brouhaha?
Dedicating Street Fighting Man or anything like that?

Oh and: Keith sat down in mid-song at a show in 2006. I shall endeavor to look up which tune it was,
but it was a] unexpected and b] a harbinger of nothing, as it turned out.

Update: It was Sympathy at the Milano show:

- Milano, July 11th 2017, courtesy of rsitalia.com (don't know who took it, sorry!)

When the Mick approached him from behind to go down the catwalk, he touched him on the shoulder
like you touch a horse so he won't get startled and kick you. It was a lovely moment :E

Ahem! I mean: Keith routinely sat on the drum riser during Night Time Is the Right Time
until Lisa came over to him and he would slowly stand up for her, the dirty dirty man [swoon!]

Ahem again! I mean: Keith has been known to sit down during shows. Even when not playing Con Le Mie Lacrime/As Tears Go By

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 16:43 by with sssoul.

Date: September 29, 2017 16:42

with sssoul

Oh and: Keith sat down in mid-song at a show in 2006. I shall endeavor to look up which tune it was,
but it was a] unexpected and b] a harbinger of nothing, as it turned out.

No he didn't. The Stones have largely steered well clear of Politics throughout their career and, imho, they are very sensible to have done so as the only thing it's ever likely to achieve is to lose them fans. The beauty of the Stones (and many other bands) is that boundaries of Nationality are swept away and we're all Stones fans together. Some of the band's most enthusiastic fans are from Argentina, a country that the Stones' home country of Britain has some previous with, yet it does not in any way affect these super fans' love for the band.

Date: September 29, 2017 16:50

grzegorz67
No he didn't [say anything about the Catalan situation]. The Stones have largely steered well clear of Politics
throughout their career and, imho, they are very sensible to have done so
as the only thing it's ever likely to achieve is to lose them fans.

A dedicated Street Fighting Man would have fit perfectly with the view you express here.

But in fact I think we've all seen/heard them acknowledge local situations quite regularly at shows,
and sometimes quite wittily. The Havana show comes to mind as one rather heavy-handed example,
and the fact that I can't think of any others right now doesn't stop me from feeling right :E

But anyway thanks for the information. Rock on!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 16:50 by with sssoul.

Date: September 29, 2017 17:18

with sssoul
grzegorz67
No he didn't [say anything about the Catalan situation]. The Stones have largely steered well clear of Politics
throughout their career and, imho, they are very sensible to have done so
as the only thing it's ever likely to achieve is to lose them fans.

A dedicated Street Fighting Man would have fit perfectly with the view you express here.

But in fact I think we've all seen/heard them acknowledge local situations quite regularly at shows,
and sometimes quite wittily. The Havana show comes to mind as one rather heavy-handed example,
and the fact that I can't think of any others right now doesn't stop me from feeling right :E

But anyway thanks for the information. Rock on!

While they may occasionally acknowledge situations, they rarely or never take sides, which is the business of the affected people and no-one else.

At the ABB Paris show on 2007, he introduced the newly elected French Prime Minister to the crowd and the response was a mixture of Cheers and Boos.

Date: September 29, 2017 17:33

grzegorz67
While they may occasionally acknowledge situations, they rarely or never take sides

OK! I said nothing about taking sides. Let's argue elsewhere, okay? T
This thread is trying to be about the Barcelona show.

Date: September 29, 2017 17:59

with sssoul
grzegorz67
While they may occasionally acknowledge situations, they rarely or never take sides

OK! I said nothing about taking sides. Let's argue elsewhere, okay? T
This thread is trying to be about the Barcelona show.

It is indeed about the Barcelona show. It was you who asked if there was any reference to the political situation there. I was at the show, made 2nd row at the end of the catwalk and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were fans present from all over Spain and many other countries with not a hint of tension in the air other than very occasional trouble caused by the odd drunken badly behaved fan.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 29, 2017 18:44

with sssoul

Never in a million years. Things are tense here. I may be giving Ol' Keith too much credit but maybe this is why he jumped into "Rocks Off" early. In Germany and Austria, Mick has referenced upcoming elections in the blandest way while talking about the Stones poll. Maybe Keith thought, "Let's not touch this one with a barge pole." And off he went. Additionally there's no inter-song chit-chat at warhorse time.

Date: September 29, 2017 19:04

Thanks for the interesting theory about that Rocks Off moment, and for the information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 19:05 by with sssoul.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: September 29, 2017 19:32

Actually, makes a lot of sense.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home