Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keithism's
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 24, 2017 05:42

"...I don't know why I love you, I don't know what I'm doing
I must be a masochist or something..."

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:52

Keith certainly knows his way of getting attention.
When he b***hurt all the Beatles fans by trashing Sgt. Pepper, the internet melted down.

The funny thing is, Keith was just very true to his opinion, which is very understandable, when you know where he came from. In fact, he said he has GREAT respect for The Beatles, but felt Pepper was too far from the bands' roots.

Of course, all the Beatles fans consequently ignored that Keith also slagged off Satanic Majesties. A classic example of 'haters gonna hate', no matter what's presented to them.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:26

Head/Heart/Balls gesture

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:49

"While you were missing it, I was kissing it" - on his allèged sexual encounter with Marianne Faithfull.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 25, 2017 05:37

Blueranger
Keith certainly knows his way of getting attention.
When he b***hurt all the Beatles fans by trashing Sgt. Pepper, the internet melted down.

The funny thing is, Keith was just very true to his opinion, which is very understandable, when you know where he came from. In fact, he said he has GREAT respect for The Beatles, but felt Pepper was too far from the bands' roots.

Of course, all the Beatles fans consequently ignored that Keith also slagged off Satanic Majesties. A classic example of 'haters gonna hate', no matter what's presented to them.

I hate this comment.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2017 06:27

.... I avoid Hate ... but I know a girl who loves it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2017 07:05

During that fabulous "Origin of the Species" BBC documentary series weekend, the hashtag #BBCKeef was launched on their Twitter account. This one is a modern classic and one of my favorites.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 28, 2017 22:08

"But like all my songs, it never felt like my creation. I'm a damn good antenna to pick up songs zooming through the room, but that's all. Where did Midnight Rambler come from? I don't know. It was the old days trying to knock you on the back of the head. "Hey, don't forget us, pal. Write a damn good blues. Write one that takes the form in another way, just for a bit

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 28, 2017 22:12

From Crossfire Hurricane: "Usually, it's the guy in the black hat that get's killed at the end, you know. Not this time, brother. Not this time."

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 28, 2017 22:59

not a Keith's line but a Stu's one about Andrew Loog Oldham after firing him due to his "not fit to the band image" look:

"I won't pee on him even he's on fire".

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 29, 2017 00:33

Gaetzi
"But like all my songs, it never felt like my creation. I'm a damn good antenna to pick up songs zooming through the room, but that's all. Where did Midnight Rambler come from? I don't know. It was the old days trying to knock you on the back of the head. "Hey, don't forget us, pal. Write a damn good blues. Write one that takes the form in another way, just for a bit

I know where it came from. It came from those sessions with Ry Cooder. Not all of it but a lot.

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: October 6, 2017 20:17

Redhotcarpet
Gaetzi

I know where it came from. It came from those sessions with Ry Cooder. Not all of it but a lot.

Nah, they (Mick and Keith) wrote that in Italy from some working ideas (the tempo changes, blues opera etc.) that Keith had been on to for some time and as Tommy (The Who) is written about the same time it is very likely that British rock had that idea in the aftermath of 1967.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 6, 2017 23:04

try this one: [www.amazon.co.uk]

really worthwhile reading

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2017 23:24

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home