Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RAIN FALL DOWN IS THE NEXT SINGLE
Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 14, 2005 03:00

Wow I dunno it has a pretty contemporary edge
to it, is within range anyway. I could see
this one actually being a hit!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 14, 2005 03:47

Glad to know that it's not the boys themselves who choose the singles, but the record company. I've spent quite some time wondering how has it been possible that Keith Richards let "Streets Of love" be released as first single.
Anyway, so far they (The record company, hopefully) have chosen my two least favourite songs of the record... my choice would have been "It Won't Take Long".

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 14, 2005 08:32

Jack Knife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys know the sad truth...they could release
> every song off the album as a single, one every
> month, have remixed versions by Kanye West and 50
> Cent, and they STILL wouldn't get played on the
> radio. It's an ageist thing, just like the movies
> and television. It will probably never change as
> long as young people have too much money to be
> discerning and older people have too many
> responsibilities to care about such things.

This is the truth, but RFD is their best chance at connecting with the kids who decide what is and what is not a hit single. The song works on different levels and one of those is as a funky contemporary tale of sex and love in the inner city slums. It COULD be a hit if they play up the image of the Stones as old-school "original gangsta" thugs like the Isley's did a few years back and make themselves seem cool to the kids again. None of the rockers on this album will connect with the kids of today, but RFD just might.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-14 08:40 by tatters.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 14, 2005 09:40

Best choice, ONNYA would be stupid too choose as a single. No radio station in europe would play it.
Why did they shoot a video for SOL if a new single is already on its way?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2005 17:28

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rat´s ass, is that What The Cat Dragged In?

"Oh Yeah. I'm cracking up". grinning smiley

RFD -> bad choice for next single IMO. Next should be ONNYA backed by two outtakes and Back Of My Hand. Then you'd have the single of the millenium.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: September 14, 2005 20:15

I think Rain Fall Down is the obvious choice - i thought that immediately - it sounds very eighties to me.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: September 14, 2005 20:26

Bill, I also like Hide Away very much, a must! As for Wyclef Jean, well the classic has to be 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill' and it is a killer. It's far from being 100% rap, and Lauryn is one of the best singers of the last decade for sure. Also, a great singer who raps is actually very enjoyable, kind of like 'Cops and robbers' by Bo Diddley, this kind of stuff. Do you remember the hit 'Doo wap'? I love it and Jean shines on production, as well as on 'Lost one' or the hidden, fantastic version of 'too good to be true'

Now about Lauryn, not Wyclef: unfortunately she got insanely religious as you might know. However, I hope everybody around this board heared her unplugged CD, regardless of what they thought of her. It's Dylan with a soulful voice, songs such as 'Adam lives in theory' (the title alone!), 'Freedom time', 'Mr Intentionnal' or 'Just like water' have become absolute classics for me.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 14, 2005 20:59

Damn. That's a big dissapointment. Why are the Stones so bad at picking singles?

First Streets Of Love, and now this. They should have done Oh No Not You Again. It's the best song since Steel Wheels. It's a really Stones-styled songs. There's some rude language(@#$%& up my life, staring down your tits, etc.), which is nice and rebellious. It has one of Keith's famous Chuck Berry style solo's. He hasn't done that since the 60's! I know it's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: September 14, 2005 22:26

Rain Fall Down is a very strong song...I'm not sure if it will make a good single though...my choice would have been Let Me Down Slow...no swearing to worry about!!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 14, 2005 22:27

I´m with Ian on this one.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 14, 2005 22:29

Yup, ONNYA is THE obvious choice. Wouldn't get banned for 'tits'. All they need to do is overdub 'effing' for F**cking. ('Effing' is common slang in UK but not 'offensive').

A single like ONNYA would have youngsters singing along like they did to Start Me Up, which must have inspired awhole new generation of fans. If they can connect with youth again then that would really be something.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 16, 2005 12:40

What a Joke. I tell my friend there is this new stones album out which is pretty good. My friends laugh at me when they hear SOL. they will laugh even more when they hear mick singing about cooking eggs. What a waste. These two songs are crap. Play some rocknroll. RFD is NOT contempary. It is 80's BS.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home